View Full Version : another boring question im sure but

03-07-2008, 03:08 PM
What tests do I have to take to be a complete landscaper? I have insurance and a business lisence but what do I need for putting down fertilizer and do you need another kind of lisence to just do general lawn service?

03-07-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure what is required in SC for fertilizer apps, but you would need a commercial pesticide applicator's license for weed spraying. I googled "pesticide applicator's license Soth Carolina" and it looks like the Clemson University extension has a lot of info on it. You'll need to take the basic test which has a lot to do with safety and handling of chemicals and then an Turf and Ornamental subclass test that applies specifically to turf pests and diseases, etc.