PDA

View Full Version : Same business name.......?

miketull8
03-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Okay, because there is a guy in town here who LOVES to register business names (he has registered 19 business names, can you believe it?) I am curious, I went down and finally registered a name that I like, as a sole proprietor. Now I have noticed on the other side of the state :hammerhead: there is someone with the same name and they are a LLC....is this going to cause problems? Any advice? I really want this to be a legal venture, I have the insurance, am working on my fert. license.....let me know what you think could happen, or if you think I'm okay....thanks again!

BeachGrassllc
03-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Every state is different, but there are many ways to get around having the same name (not that i would recomend it) for example- I tried to use the name caostal lawn care llc and someone else already had it. The state told me i could make my name coastal lawn care l.l.c. or even coastal lawn care limited liablty company. pretty stupid of you ask me. But anyway make sure the guy with the same name isnt going to do crappy work and make a bad name for you if you decide to go with the same name.