PDA

View Full Version : What is the best and easiest way to....

bigw
03-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Attack a slope or semi steep hill with a lazer z or any zero turn rider? Their must be a right and wrong way..speed/forward/backward how about some good tips. Oh by the way i am eating King crab legs and drinking a cold Yuengling lager in case anyone was wondering.

customcurbdesigns
03-07-2008, 09:44 PM
HAHAHA, I love the part about telling people what you ate....lol

This is a good question, I am as new as you and I was wondering the same thing.

Keep the posts coming, if people dont want to read them, they dont have to.

bigw
03-07-2008, 10:00 PM
any help please!!

tamadrummer
03-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Use your walk behind on a hills that you don't feel comfortable on. You will actually have to experience the feel of being on the Z on a hill to know if it is right or not. I use my WB alot. My family depends on my income so being safe is more important than speed when it comes to steep grades.

Good job drinking beer from Tampa. Thanks for supporting our market....:usflag:

stuffdeer
03-07-2008, 10:30 PM
If you have to question whether or not, and a way to do it, just use the walkbehind.

I'd rather be safe then sorry.

However, you will get a feel for a ZTR, and what to do in emergency situations, I did however.

lol, couple close calls for me

old oak lawn
03-07-2008, 11:01 PM
i love king crab. but as to question seat belt on rool bar up i have some u have to go side to side {i think up and down is the safe way} so i go slow and if i feel the rear start to slip i push the sticks foward and power out of the slip. but if i cant pull out i point the front end down and go down the hill. i only do this when i can go down hill if i slip not arround water or roads. this may not be a good idea but its the way i do it.

ProCut_48
03-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Just use the wb it well end up being faster in the end and safer :walking:

mowing grass 1111
03-07-2008, 11:26 PM
i have been know to ride my lazer z on some steep hills ... a few times i thought i was going turn the mower over . the best way is slow and i try and kkep the front of the mower pointed up hill if i can (running sideways on a hill ) i tear the turf up a little doing it this way but it beats weedeating a 400 ft long bank thats about 15 ft tall . plus the property owner said he could not see it from his house and i can't see it from mine so we both win. i would get used to some samller banks first though.

if i ever have my dig cam with me i will get some pics of the banks i mow with the lazer z that thing will hold a hill lol

joshco84
03-08-2008, 01:15 AM
Well, a good way is to do it with the walkbehind. In my opinion, if you have to ask about a ztr on a hill, wait until you have run it for a while longer. I have a lot of experience on z's, and will admit some still get my heart to pumpin really, really hard. Now if you feel comfortable with it, you can do a very steep hill with a lazer, just take it slow and goes side to side (left to right looking at it). And i would highly advise against powering out of a slide, you are better off keeping power on the downhill wheel. As long as you keep the front wheels from breaking to the downhill side you will be fine.

Roger
03-08-2008, 07:06 AM
I have both a w/b and a ZTR. I have learned that just because the Z will work on a slope, it is a poor choice when having to make a turn. I always work across the slope, as per any recommendations. Making turns on the steep slope will more easily tear turf. This is especially true when the soil is wet or damp.

I know a couple of places I used a Z last season that ended up with significant damage by the end of the season. I have promised myself that I will NOT use the Z on those places this season. Either I will use my w/b or my 21" hand mower on those slopes.