PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a trailer from...?

Turf Commando
03-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Lawn and power Dealer, known for dishonesty to customers, and an all around a$$hole...
The reason, I'm asking no matter how bad of a guy he is, he's prices on trailers exceeds all competition in a 200 mile parameter.
The savings would be $300....up

kklick
03-09-2008, 12:16 AM
If I didn't like the guy and the way he ran his business i certainly wouldn't support him by buying there. I'd find as good a deal some where else. It wouldn't bother me to drive 200 miles as long as I wasn't supporting someone I didn't care for.

Turf Commando
03-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the advice, anyone else, whanna chime in...?

YardBoss Lawncare
03-09-2008, 01:51 PM
My opinion....buy the trailer from him. Business is business, friendship is friendship. You're not befriending the guy just by buying a trailer from him. Trailers arent something that require alot of maintenance like a mower or truck, so it's not like you're going to be taking it back to him for service and what not. You'll see him 1 time and that's when you make the purchase. Get your trailer, save your hard earned money, and don't mess with the guy after that.

bruno_rs
03-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Lawn and power Dealer, known for dishonesty to customers, and an all around a$$hole...
The reason, I'm asking no matter how bad of a guy he is, he's prices on trailers exceeds all competition in a 200 mile parameter.
The savings would be $300....up

hey commando, depends on a couple things... your principles and the quality and/or lack thereof of this dealers product and/or reputation. it may be a few hundred dollars off the competitions $ but what happens when something goes wrong with the trailer, you buy from this "a$$hole"? while, i do agree with ldh that, trailers rarely need maintenance, the fact is... ALL trailers are made by humans and therefore have the possibility of failure of some kind. is that few hundred $'s, you're saving @ purchase, worth your piece of mind you'd get with a "reputable" dealer? my .02, i would NEVER buy from someone i do not trust... no matter how much i "might" save. brings to mind the saying... don't be penny wise and dollar foolish and/or if it looks too good to be true, it probably is . it's kind of like operating without insurance... more than likely you'll never need it but then again you just might. i'd think SERIOUSLY before buying from a known "a$$hole".

J&R Landscaping
03-09-2008, 06:16 PM
I would buy from a dealer you trust. Is the brand of trailer this dealer sells availible at other local dealers should you have a problem or will this dealer be your only resonable option for parts or warranty or service?

Lawn-Sharks
03-09-2008, 06:43 PM
go buy the trailer from him! But be the BIGGEST, RUDEST, NATSIEST customer to ever walk in their business and buy a trailer...If its going to save you money and you thing the trailer is worth buying then go have some fun! "I would"

Turf Commando
03-09-2008, 08:29 PM
I went lot shopping today, looking at his trailers Junk !
At least the one, I ordered from trusted dealer is quality made vs production the dealer stands behind what he sells or bring it back, no questions asked....Thanks guys for the feedback ..