PDA

View Full Version : price of rottela 5w40

Landrus2
03-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Hey Guys, Just wondering what price your paying for a pail of 5w40, I just got quoted $125 for it...thought it was a little steep.:waving:

02DURAMAX
03-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Hey Guys, Just wondering what price your paying for a pail of 5w40, I just got quoted $125 for it...thought it was a little steep.:waving:

A pail..how much is a pail?..5gallons?...I Can get a box of 6Gallons for $50..

Landrus2
03-09-2008, 09:09 AM
A pail..how much is a pail?..5gallons?...I Can get a box of 6Gallons for $50..

Ok a pail, oooop's got to check my English.

Shell Rotella® T Synthetic SAE 5W-40 is a fully synthetic heavy-duty diesel. where do you get your oil. let us know.

LindblomRJ
03-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Ok a pail, oooop's got to check my English.

Shell Rotella® T Synthetic SAE 5W-40 is a fully synthetic heavy-duty diesel. where do you get your oil. let us know.

He is asking about quantity.

Landrus2
03-09-2008, 09:39 AM
He is asking about quantity.

Oil 5 Gal Pail, or 16 Gal Drum.:waving:

02DURAMAX
03-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Oil 5 Gal Pail, or 16 Gal Drum.:waving:

ok the one im talking about is not synthetic..but i can get synthetic for $16 a gallon..

Landrus2
03-09-2008, 10:26 AM
ok the one im talking about is not synthetic..but i can get synthetic for $16 a gallon..

That would be $80 for 5 gallon pail got to check with them.:waving:

Eclipse
03-09-2008, 01:37 PM
$17.xx / gallon

Just curious do you run this in your truck or mowers?

I am thinking of running in my mowers and other equipment. I already run it in the trucks and car I might as well use in everything.

Landrus2
03-09-2008, 01:49 PM
$17.xx / gallon

Just curious do you run this in your truck or mowers?

I am thinking of running in my mowers and other equipment. I already run it in the trucks and car I might as well use in everything.

That is a good choice if price doesn’t keep going up.:waving:

02DURAMAX
03-09-2008, 02:29 PM
That would be $80 for 5 gallon pail got to check with them.:waving:

yea teh only problem is that they don't sell pails or boxes..:dizzy:

Landrus2
03-09-2008, 02:36 PM
yea teh only problem is that they don't sell pails or boxes..:dizzy:

That is if you get it at wall mart.:waving:

nosparkplugs
03-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Guys AMSOIL Synthetics 5w-40 is priced close, for 2, 2 1/2 gallon jugs. I don't get you folks, you will spend over 40,000 for a Diesel truck, and whine about expensive cheap oil. These modern diesels take up to 15 quarts, so no matter what retail brand of Dino oil or synthetic oil you choose, AMSOIL is priced better. AMSOILS Extended oil intervals saves operating costs, and superior protection. Why would you not switch, if only to save money & reduce oil changes. I have over 24,000 miles on my AMSOIL going on 1 season of towing & hauling no oil change, Oil Analysis came back 9 TBN, oil started at 12TBN, Silicon 6 (which is dirt in oil) 10 is excessive. I am laughing at you all the way to the bank, have saved over $1,000 dollars in oil change costs, with the miles I log, I can afford to pay more in Diesel, because I have reduced my oil costs, pass that savings onto my customers, just good business, and I have been rewarded through referrals, even with a "slowing" economy????

Eclipse
03-09-2008, 04:37 PM
I didn't realize this thread was about Amsoil :) :usflag:

All joking aside I am sure I am not the only one who is happy that Amsoil is working great for you. By now most of us are all well aware of Amsoil and many of it's products. Some just chose to use different products.

FWIW - There are many quality oils out there that will run 25k without an oil change in a modern diesel engine and produce very good oil analysis results. Amsoil is not the only choice.

nosparkplugs
03-09-2008, 06:41 PM
regardless of the oil used, I would not recommend running 25K with just a Spin on oil filter, a by-pass oil filtration system is recommend for anything over the manufacture's newer extended oil change intervals 7,500miles for most modern CJ-4 diesels oils. There are many good convential oils, and synthetic oils on the market, I could care less what oil folks use, it's your money. The thread was about price, at the retail level Rottella is over priced, and has a lower new oil TBN number for what you think your getting. when you start purchasing Rottella in 55 gallon drums then it's a bargin.

02DURAMAX
03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
regardless of the oil used, I would not recommend running 25K with just a Spin on oil filter, a by-pass oil filtration system is recommend for anything over the manufacture's newer extended oil change intervals 7,500miles for most modern CJ-4 diesels oils. There are many good convential oils, and synthetic oils on the market, I could care less what oil folks use, it's your money. The thread was about price, at the retail level Rottella is over priced, and has a lower new oil TBN number for what you think your getting. when you start purchasing Rottella in 55 gallon drums then it's a bargin.

Thats what i buy..55gallon drums...my dad has a semi-company...But i use Mobil 1 5w-40:weightlifter: