PDA

View Full Version : My next purchase any opinions or suggestions

bigw
03-09-2008, 10:59 AM
My next purchase which will be this week will be the Stihl KM 130 R and the HL 135° Adjustable
Hedge Trimmer Attachment
HT Pole Pruner Attachment
FCS Straight Lawn Edger

That is unless someone can change my mind to go with the Echo or shidawia muti task tool....i am choosing the Stihl KM 130 due to the 36cc versus the 25 on the echo and the shindawia. They say the straight edger packs more punch when edging is this true vs the curved? Or do any of you think the dedicated edger and pole pruner would be a better choice?

KS_Grasscutter
03-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Get the dedicated edger, and pole saw (get the biggest they make, you wont regret it), and get the KM with the hedge trimmer. Maybe also get a trimmer and edger for the KM unit, so you would have a backup should yours break down.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-09-2008, 11:19 AM
I've never liked the Kombi units, heck if the power head goes down then so do 4 other pieces. And for the price they want for attachments, I would much rather have indvidual units. Personally I only use Echo, good prices, always been reliable, and easy to work on if need be.

chesterlawn
03-09-2008, 12:12 PM
I have the echo trimmer with hedge trimmer and the pole saw attachments. They all work great with plenty of power, and on quite a few job I was pretty rough on them (cutting stuff that was larger than recommened) , and so far nothing has broken down. I'm guessing I've had them for about 5-6 years. The other makes are probably just as good, but I would recommend echo.

CALandscapes
03-09-2008, 12:21 PM
I have the Stihl KM110 w/weedeater attachment and adjustable hedgetrimmer attachment.. I love it. Never had any problems.

I agree that, if you're going to be using the edger and saw attachments often, you might want to invest in dedicated units for those. I think that the hedgetrimmer and weedeater for the KM is as good as any dedicated unit..

Just my opinion...

kleankutslawn
03-09-2008, 12:36 PM
never been one for combo units,seems like the people using them are happy with them,the choice is yours

kturf
03-09-2008, 12:43 PM
echo have used them for 8 year's no problem or break downs and my crews just treat them like s---