PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on Craigslist

JohnsonLawn
03-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Check this one out. If I needed a truck I would be all over it.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/car/600518989.html

M&MLawn
03-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Im thinking he forgot a 1 in front of that price. But would be nice if not lol.

Birdjr
03-09-2008, 04:43 PM
This deal is even sweeter.http://cnj.craigslist.org/bfs/600409857.html

J&R Landscaping
03-09-2008, 05:13 PM
The Bobcat doesn't look to bad bt it does not list the hours on the machine. That truck ounds like one heck of a deal.

DBL
03-09-2008, 05:20 PM
both look too good to be true

mowing grass 1111
03-09-2008, 06:28 PM
6.5 Liter Turbo Diesel ...... i would not given $4,500 for it

KTM
03-09-2008, 08:04 PM
The Bobcat is for sure a scam, they usually use Kubota tractors that look nice with cheep prices, and I would bet the truck is a scam or the price is just a lure. You have to watch Craigslist scammers are all over it.

supercuts
03-09-2008, 08:41 PM
let me guess, they're in NJ, but the machine is in Alaska, but if you give them the $8k, they will ship it to you for free, right?

KTM
03-09-2008, 09:23 PM
same type e-mail's every time, they will say that a holding company will hold item until check clears, then they will sign there name something like Twan Phan (that was one used on me the other day) you would think they would be smart enough to at least sign there name with an American name. I love going through the auto section on Craig's list to Flag all this crap. And now I have noticed that there starting to use equipment.

lifetree
03-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Im thinking he forgot a 1 in front of that price. But would be nice if not lol.

I was thinking he forgot a 2 in front of that price !!

LindblomRJ
03-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Looks to good to be true.

Lawnworks
03-10-2008, 07:45 AM
That is funny the one in Boston was listed in ATL as well.... scam!!!

GravelyNut
03-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Both items got flagged. :D

Boycea
03-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I emailed the guy and told him I would take the truck....this was the response I got :rolleyes:

Hello,
My name is James Conery.
I want to thank you for your interest in my truck. I am the first owner and I took very good care of it.
The car is in absolutely perfect condition, no engine problems or other imperfections, never suffered any accidents. It's price is $5.500, shipping included. I'm selling the car at this price because I've recently arrived in UK, and I can't drive it here because I need a right hand drive, and it is also raining most of the time.
The car is currently in Norfolk, VA.
Usually shipment takes maximum 2 to 6 days depending on your location and will be fully insured against damages, shipped in a crated container.....on my cost!!
As a shipping career I will use World Transport, all the shipping/handling and insurance charges are included in the sale price. You will get the package with all the papers, clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well.
If you agree with my above terms, I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.

I'll be waiting for your email in case you are interested.
Regards!

Boycea
03-11-2008, 12:09 PM
I can't drive it here because I need a right hand drive, and it is also raining most of the time.

I guess trucks now melt if you get them wet

JohnsonLawn
03-11-2008, 03:47 PM
You should have told him that you would drive down, pick it up and pay cash. I wonder what he would say to that!!

GravelyNut
03-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I emailed the guy and told him I would take the truck....this was the response I got :rolleyes:

Hello,
My name is James Conery.
I want to thank you for your interest in my truck. I am the first owner and I took very good care of it.
The car is in absolutely perfect condition, no engine problems or other imperfections, never suffered any accidents. It's price is $5.500, shipping included. I'm selling the car at this price because I've recently arrived in UK, and I can't drive it here because I need a right hand drive, and it is also raining most of the time.
The car is currently in Norfolk, VA.
Usually shipment takes maximum 2 to 6 days depending on your location and will be fully insured against damages, shipped in a crated container.....on my cost!!
As a shipping career I will use World Transport, all the shipping/handling and insurance charges are included in the sale price. You will get the package with all the papers, clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well.
If you agree with my above terms, I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.

I'll be waiting for your email in case you are interested.
Regards!
The fact that it is a truck one minute and then a car should be a clue. And as far as right hand drive vs left hand drive. That is false unless things changed recently. Countries that are RHD allow LHD cars. Countries like the US which is LHD allow RHD vehicles also. Check what mail carriers drive. And actually, driving the opposite drive of what is the norm is easier. Look out the window and put your wheels right at the curb or ditch.