View Full Version : deere equipment

lsu03
03-10-2008, 06:19 PM
how are these pieces of equipment:

XT120 TRIMMER
XT140SELE STICK EDGER
BH25LE HANDHELD BLOWER
JS25 WALKBEHIND MOWER

the blower is rated at 145mph. is that good enough for just blowing grass off of cement?

mower is preset at 3350rpm. is this good enough? has anyone experienced the MOWMENTUM feature of the mower?

tamadrummer
03-10-2008, 06:39 PM
I use the XT140 trimmer and it is fantastic but the XT140SBLE with stick edger attachment is a bit under powered at times. I cannot speak for the one you are buying because it is not the split-boom but it is the same power head.

Personally I like the trimmer the best of all that I have used! Simply a great design, super light and comfy and only the brain dead could not reload this thing in less than 60 seconds.

All of the JD hand-held that I have is super comfortable! I will be replacing my BP45LE with a Stihl BR600 next week I am waiting on my JD dealer to give me my price with my green fleet point discount and what ever other discount he can come up with.

I don't know about the mowmentum, I have a 36" belt drive walk behind. I plan on buying an Ariens commercial 21" walk behind from Choo Choo Power Equipment.

bill8379
03-10-2008, 08:20 PM
I plan on buying an Ariens commercial 21" walk behind

Why would you buy an Ariens instead of a Toro proline?

I'm asking because I was just talking to a dealer about this. We didn't get into price but he did tell me that the new toro's are self pacing and not 3 gears anymore. I hope we didn't get our thoughts crossed and were talking about the same mower because I love self pacing.

btw, which Arien model is the commercial one?

Edit: I just looked at Toro website and they all still say 3 gear transmission.

tamadrummer
03-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Why would you buy an Ariens instead of a Toro proline?

I'm asking because I was just talking to a dealer about this. We didn't get into price but he did tell me that the new toro's are self pacing and not 3 gears anymore. I hope we didn't get our thoughts crossed and were talking about the same mower because I love self pacing.

btw, which Arien model is the commercial one?

Edit: I just looked at Toro website and they all still say 3 gear transmission.

It is $349 being clearanced. I hardly use a 21 so I don't want too nor do I need to go in too deep on one. Just does not work for my needs.

kenoshajoe
03-10-2008, 09:38 PM
My feelings on deere equipment is that if you have access to another line I would look elsewhere. I have never bought or used a piece of there equipment and probally never will. Deere and Scotts use the profit from the sale of there equipment and fertilizers to us small guys and turn around and buy up companies and then compete against us. I know that I will never be as big as them or even come close but I will not help fuel there fire.

instyle
03-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Remember when comparing blowers. MPH is not near as important as cfm. To back this up...an air compressor can blow 200MPH winds at 100psi. But you are not going to blow many leaves. The more CFM the better. This is why you can can spend more $ on a quality machine and the MPH isn't much higher than the Home depot brands, and yet it will blow way better.

lsu03
03-11-2008, 07:03 AM
it says the cfm is 265 w/t tubes...

lsu03
03-12-2008, 07:34 AM
thanks guys.