PDA

View Full Version : Trucks and oil leaks

BrandonV
03-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Man what a day. Why is it diesels leak like crazy, our new (Aug 2007) F750 w/ a cummins started an oil leak today, w/ on 16k miles on it!!! WHAT IS THE DEAL! Had it towed to ford, and it's evidently the fitting/pipe that runs oil to the turbo. It really bums me out though, I'm leasing this truck for 4 years and just ordered an new LCF on a 4 year lease because I'm getting sick and tired of having worn out vehicles leaking oil all over the place, and now my NEW truck is doing the same thing... just can't win. Only diesel trucks that don't leak are my Mitsubishi and my c7500 w/ the cat... yet at least.

BlackCloudDiesel
03-10-2008, 10:12 PM
All diesels leak. The Cats are known to seep and leak oil really badly! The only diesel I have that does not leak is the Kubota in my Bobcat 763 and in my Gator. Why are you so worried about leaking? Generally they leak very very little compaired to what they hold. Do you have a shop floor you are trying to keep clean?

TXNSLighting
03-11-2008, 09:06 AM
yeh thats pretty common with diesels... especially the big trucks. Your LCF wont tho...mainly because of the smaller engine.

BrandonV
03-11-2008, 12:42 PM
being a landscaper I have issues with getting on peoples drives.

supercuts
03-11-2008, 12:44 PM
being a landscaper I have issues with getting on peoples drives.

i 2nd that, looks really bad when you leave a stain, even in the road

J&R Landscaping
03-11-2008, 12:50 PM
i 2nd that, looks really bad when you leave a stain, even in the road

I can 3rd that. I hate leaving a mark or trail behind me. Hope it didnt screw anything up on the F750.

BlackCloudDiesel
03-11-2008, 02:21 PM
hmmm..... I've never really hada problem leaving oil stains on driveways. None of my trucks leave stains on driveways or roads that I know of. It's a company policy not to park in driveways unless we're dumping something with our dump trucks or the driveway is a very long walk from the road. My trucks usually leave a drop about as big as a nickle a night. Not very much, but if your loosing more then that, then I'd definately ***** about it. I work part time in the winter (when I'm not plowing) at a local tow truck company. THey've got 7 trucks, 2 of them LCF's and they don't leak at all, even with 57k on them. Although, they do have their fair share of electrical problems. Our two do atlest...

P.Services
03-11-2008, 03:26 PM
things leak for a reason, pick up a wrench and make it stop. easy as that.