PDA

View Full Version : spring clean up

woodie08
03-11-2008, 02:54 PM
whats all involved in spring clean up?:confused:

kbryant1717
03-11-2008, 03:05 PM
I usually shape shrubs, deweed beds and install fresh mulch...you can also clean gutters and pressure wash decks, fences, patios etc.
Kevin
Memphis, TN

IN2MOWN
03-11-2008, 03:46 PM
When I do a spring cleanup I cut back all the ornamental grasses to between 1 and 4 inches depending on what they are. Clean out the leaves from the beds. Cut the turf down to about 2.5 inches and bag it all up.

Thats a basic spring cleanup.

Basically just get the yard ready to be mowed so when you show up to cut thats all you have to do.

Tobin
03-11-2008, 09:35 PM
^^^^^ x2..........

Quick Cut Lawn Service
03-11-2008, 09:40 PM
I live in Illinois and I was wondering what to charge for a Spring clean up. I have a possible account with a small front and rear yard, lot is about 1/4 and has a large tree with alot of leaves. They would have to be raked up by hand. Any suggestions on pricing. To cut front and back would be about $27.00. I can use my rider for the front but the back would have to be a push mower since the gate is too small. I told her I would include the bags but they would be left at the residence for pickup on garbage day.

CreativeEdge
03-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Here in Atlanta, most of our spring cleanups are removing any and all leaves from the lawn or shrub beds, pruning, and most importantly scalping our bermuda lawns to 1" or lower. Cutting the grass is the biggest task, so dont sell yourself short on that one. Also, you will customize this to what your individual customer needs. That is also a great idea about advertising for gutters and pressure washing.

Carolina Cuts
03-12-2008, 01:16 AM
whats all involved in spring clean up?

are ya serious?

KS_Grasscutter
03-12-2008, 01:25 AM
When I do a spring cleanup I cut back all the ornamental grasses to between 1 and 4 inches depending on what they are. Clean out the leaves from the beds. Cut the turf down to about 2.5 inches and bag it all up.

Thats a basic spring cleanup.

Basically just get the yard ready to be mowed so when you show up to cut thats all you have to do.

Yep, same here. Some of my ornamentals only got down to about 18" though :laugh: (i'm sorta lazy I suppose).

You sold that truck yet? I posted a couple times but never saw if you replied.

IN2MOWN
03-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Yep, same here. Some of my ornamentals only got down to about 18" though :laugh: (i'm sorta lazy I suppose).

You sold that truck yet? I posted a couple times but never saw if you replied.

Sorry, I have not looked at it.

Not yet. I need to get a new battery for it and 2 new front tires still. Ive had a lot going on so I have not had time to do it.

Quick Cut Lawn Service
03-12-2008, 05:50 PM
I guess my main question, how much do I charge for Spring clean up? I will have to hand rake her small 1/4 acre lawn and bag it, it has alot of leaves.

Quick Cut Lawn Service
03-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Here in Atlanta, most of our spring cleanups are removing any and all leaves from the lawn or shrub beds, pruning, and most importantly scalping our bermuda lawns to 1" or lower. Cutting the grass is the biggest task, so dont sell yourself short on that one. Also, you will customize this to what your individual customer needs. That is also a great idea about advertising for gutters and pressure washing.

How much or how do I charge?

FIREPOWER
03-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Bro, figure out what you need/want for an hourly wage. Should be somewhere between $30 (low) to $50 per hour. Then estimate how long it will take you to do the cleanup. Adjust accordingly and dont underprice your wage. Clean ups probably run somewhere between $150-$300 depending on whats involved and size of the property. Hope that helps. Some people are not very helpfull or friendly here, but dont sweat it. Good luck in 2008.

RedSox4Life
03-12-2008, 10:54 PM
I never really understood the "How much to charge?" threads.
Mowing and fert. apps. maybe, because I charge by the job, but EVERYTHING else is straight by the hour.

IN2MOWN
03-12-2008, 10:54 PM
How much or how do I charge?

You charge how much you need. I know it sounds trite but you will be getting different answers from everyone.

I charge $60.00 per hour for cleanups with a $100 minimum.

Is it just you? How much do you want to bring home? Thats the bottom line...