PDA

View Full Version : Cooper Fiber Optics Illuminator

NightScenes
03-11-2008, 09:52 PM
I need to replace this unit and can't even find them anywhere. I even went to the local Cooper distributor and he called his Cooper rep that he says knows his stuff. He was clueless about this thing.

Here are some pics.

Help!!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Paul.

1: Can it not be repaired? What is wrong with it?

2: Can you not update the system with a Fibrestars unit.... rig the fibre connection at the new unit so that there is no light escaping and you are done.

NightScenes
03-12-2008, 07:33 AM
I can't get parts for it and it was flush mounted with a harness that is unlike most that I've seen. One more thing, this unit is about the size of a 75 watt transformer.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-12-2008, 08:34 AM
The whole thing looks pretty simple to me. Why not just rebuild it with parts-bin parts to get it working? What exactly is the problem inside? If it is a transformer then you can easily find another to replace it. Same with the fan, fusing, wiring etc. If the problem is with the fibre wiring harness connector you might have some more difficulty, but any means of attaching the harness to the illuminator unit that does not allow spill will work.

If you are not comfortable with doing the repairs yourself, then an 'old school' electronics repair shop would be able to handle it. Remember the TV Repair Men that used to make house calls?

Have a great day.