PDA

View Full Version : Need Blower, Hedger, Chainsaw

Enzo
03-11-2008, 11:38 PM
hello everyone,

I have started my company up now and I am looking to get a backpack blower for under $300. I would need a gas hedger for under $200 since the one i got is electric, and possibly a chainsaw under $200 because one of my clients is willing to let me cut some small trees around his property. I am looking to spend under 700 because the trailer I am looking to buy is about 3800 so i need to save some money for that. If anyone knows of equipment for this pricing please let me know. thanks

Carolina Cuts
03-11-2008, 11:43 PM
backpack blower for under $300
Home depot.
gas hedger for under $200
Home depot.
chainsaw under $200
Walmart.

G'luck.

Enzo
03-11-2008, 11:45 PM
yeah i looked at lowes you think they are any good quality?

Carolina Cuts
03-11-2008, 11:54 PM
yeah i looked at lowes you think they are any good quality?

No, not at all....

Could ya come up with $1200-1500???? If so, then you're talkin' commercial gear.

Enzo
03-11-2008, 11:55 PM
The stuff at Lowes was Husqvarna and they are commercial. My mower is made by them and i know they are pretty good as well

Carolina Cuts
03-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Ok, you COULD buy lowes gear.... learn the biz and replace them next year with quality true commercial equipment (Lowes does NOT sell commercial handhelds btw) Lowes is geared to Residential homeowners, Home depot is set up for contractors...

and when you do upgrade to Stihl, Shini, Redmax, you'll think back and remember those wise words from Carolina Cuts that said.... "spend the extra couple hundred for quality equipment built to last more then one season."

Follow me?

CALandscapes
03-12-2008, 12:08 AM
The husqvarana chainsaws carried by Lowe's are actually made by Poulan, which equals CRAP.

Either buy used or save your money and get some real gear.

lawnpro724
03-12-2008, 12:15 AM
check on e-bay, for the price your wanting to pay for things your not going to be able to buy anything commercial thats new. You can however find used commercial equipment your looking for in your price range.

wimpy
03-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Actually, the Husqvarna chainsaws from Lowes are real Husqvarna's from Sweden. The smaller models are Poulan made which are horrible. The 350 and 455 rancher are pretty good saws but a bit heavy, especially the rancher. But they both go over $300.

For around $219, you can get a Stihl MS 180 chainsaw which is pretty damn nice. I don't own one but I have demoed it at the Stihl store.

You can get decent backpack blowers from Lowes or Home Depot. If you're going with Husqvarna, get the 145, which has the Kawasaki engine. I know many landscapers who use that blower, and they like it a lot. If you want an Echo, you can get the PB 413 from Home Depot. I think the Husqvarna is better but, they both go for $300 which is your price range. You used to be able to get the Stihl BR 340 for $300 and it's more powerful than both the Echo and Husqvarna. They discontinued that model now, can't find it.

harddog00
03-12-2008, 01:24 AM
I would definatly go with ebay.....I ordered all echo trimmer, hedge trim., and edger for 385. and in nice condition.

Whitey4
03-12-2008, 02:30 AM
Husky sells both commercial and consumer grade stuff. They also have a 90 day no interest deal at their web site right now. You could spend a little more on better gear. Just make sure you can finish the payments in that 90 day window.

Enzo
03-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Yeah this all sounds great. I will check out Home Depot and go onto ebay. i would love to have either stihl or echo for this type of equipment. If i find good used deals then i will go ahead and get them.