PDA

View Full Version : Please Check and Reply

TimmayB4
03-12-2008, 01:34 AM
I know this might seem small or easy to some but just double checking and wanting to be confident when I give the estimate.

I have a customer from last year that wants a spring clean up. Wants me to clean out his flower beds. Its around 1000sq ft. total. Not much to clean out just some weeds and remove the dead growth from about 30 plants he did not cut down last year.

Then wants me to mulch and I figured 2'' deep I will need 6 cu yds.
I get the mulch for 23 dollars a yd. It will be me and my brother doing this figure 4 to 5 hrs. total.

I am thinking of telling him 400 dollars for the whole thing.
Thats 60 a yard material and labor plus 40 for the weeds.
Does that seem about right to yall??

Thanks
Tim :waving:

Carolina Cuts
03-12-2008, 01:41 AM
sounds good to me Timmay!!!!!

that's from South Park isn't it??

oh, paying your bro $5.00/hour right? Cause you're the boss...

CreativeEdge
03-12-2008, 01:44 AM
you have 6 cubic yards at $23.00 per cub. yard 6*23= $138.00
For mulch delivery and installation, i usually charge 2.5x's the cost of mulch so 2.5x138=$345.00 Tell whoever is helping you that you will pay them $10.00/hr or so, the 2 of you can do it in an hr.

Carolina Cuts
03-12-2008, 01:48 AM
the 2 of you can do it in an hr.

Could, should, but won't... they'll spend a half hour cleaning up the weeded bed and 2 hours mulching...

You're different, you sound like you've been in the biz awhile... would blow it out easy and move on to the next job of the day... right?

TimmayB4
03-12-2008, 02:07 AM
Well I cant blow it out because the weeds are in the ground of course.

I think it will take more than an hour because the only way I have to move the mulch is by a couple few shovels and two wheel barrels. And its a pretty big yard.

I can spread a cu. yd. nice and evenly not just throw over in there (hate we I see that) in about 30min loading and unloading the barrel.

That's 3 hours for mulch plus 30 min to weed and and 1hour to go get mulch and deliver

Carolina Cuts
03-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Well I cant blow it out because the weeds are in the ground of course.

:laugh: I meant "Blow it out" as in.... blitz it, in hurry, quickly, Giter' done! Fast....

my bad.

CreativeEdge
03-12-2008, 02:15 AM
timmay...get in there w/ some pruning shears and cut the plants down flush w/ the ground, bag them and be done w/ them. as far as the weeds, take your weed eater and knock them down, then spray the best w/ a non-selective herbicide (weed-killer) and cover w/ mulch...this will take less time and you will achieve the same results. I would maybe charge about 435-445 and explain that you included spraying the beds in your quote

CreativeEdge
03-12-2008, 02:17 AM
it really shouldnt take you 3 hrs, you guys just have to hustle and get it done...you want to make sure you do a professional job in the shortest amount of time to you. The less you work in this industry the more money you make

TimmayB4
03-12-2008, 02:30 AM
Thanks everyone great advice. LOL on the "Blow it out" HAHA :laugh: