PDA

View Full Version : Door Hangers Blowing

Scagmower48
03-12-2008, 01:40 PM
I was out today putting out my door hanges and some of them blew off the knob just as I finished putting them up. For those who use door hangers do you just skip windy days or do u have a way to keep them up?

I got mine from 3000doorhangers.com and today wasn't that windy. Are these door hangers poor quality, or does that happen with all door hangers.

tamadrummer
03-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Same thing happened to me the other day. I just stopped putting them out and picked up what was blowing around and went home.

I put out another 200 today and will do a couple hundred tomorrow. I don't think the quality has anything to do with the ability of the thing to stay on the door it is just the strength of the wind and the fact that the wind whips up in the areas where the door is like a little tornado.

Good luck and hope you pick up tons! I know I need to!

Scagmower48
03-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Yes thats exactly what happened to me today. They were blowing off so picked up the ones that blew off, got in my truck and went home.

i checked on intellicast when i got home and we were having 22 mph wind. tommorrow is only supossed to be 5-10 mph wind, so I hope I will have better luck tommorrow.

For all of you putting out hangers let our hard work pay off and gain lots of accounts!

Cutting 4eva 21
03-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Damn right im sick of the wind around here everytime i go to put some out the wind always blows them into the yard. Then i look like a chicken with my head cut off chasing them all around. i still got like 800 to do. this sucks..LOL

luckydooley
03-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Ya same thing happin to me. I finally decided to just roll them up and put em on the door like a flyer:dizzy: So much for doorhangers

Whitey4
03-12-2008, 08:38 PM
I find a lot of houses have very small door levers. I hang the door hanger, and then sort of bend it so I can get an edge of the hanger in the space between the door and the door jam. That works real well on almost half of the houses. The hanger gets wedged in there. Some houses have just the right size knob. Some have small knobs. For those small knobs, I tear a perforation at the top of my hangers, and fold that small border at the top over. That seems to work a bit better.

Some houses I just walk away from... there isn't anyplace to leave the stupid thing. Not too many, but it happens.

I've seen some house where you can't even roll it up like a flyer. I've left some on porch railings. This is just one of several reasons I think hiring help doesn't work very well. If I spent the time to walk up to the house, I'll spend another 30 seconds looking for a good place to leave it.