PDA

View Full Version : any one go door to door

JRS Landscaping
03-12-2008, 06:18 PM
any one go door to door and talk to people trying to sell your service? whens the best time to do this? weekdays/ saturday? any tips?
thanks

Enzo
03-12-2008, 10:10 PM
I have been going door to door and putting flyers on their door. I handed about 500 of them out so far. I have got 7 clients from them so it is pretty good. I still got more flyers to hand out as the weather gets a little better here in CT.

cgaengineer
03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Planning on hitting a few neighborhoods next week when I get my business cards...door to door for me as its cheap and I am cheap. Just make sure you see if its legal in your area. Someone last week was fined a few times here in GA.

tamadrummer
03-12-2008, 11:20 PM
I do door hangers but as far as knocking on doors and talking to people. Not no but heck no. I am too much of a chicken! I am not a good salesman! I envy someone like BigW in the art of the sale! Honestly I think I would rather take a shot straight to the nuts than knock on someones door and talk to them. :cry:

I go to the persons house when they call me for an estimate and tell them how much it costs and they start to bicker and I stand my ground and tell the to basically shove it. It gets really hard to hold my tounge in some instances when they start to get snotty about $5.00 a month.

I need to take some kind of a sales class to help me with this or I will probably starve.....:laugh:

willjones4
03-13-2008, 12:11 AM
I got all but one of my accounts (20) by going door to door. Keep it short and if they dont bite wish them a nice day and move on. Be friendly, smile, look them in the eye-all the same stuff you've been taught all your life. Its easy. They either need you or they dont.

This one door I knocked on landed me that yard and three of her neighbors. The lady just called them and told them she found them a yard guy. Saweet!

harddog00
03-13-2008, 04:26 AM
I did it two weekends ago. It was the first day of very nice spring weather. Went on a Saturday about 4pm. I think it is one of the best ways to get your name out there. I would definatly recommend it to anyone.

JRS Landscaping
03-13-2008, 10:08 PM
yea i dont have a problem talking to people, except girls my age :hammerhead:. i learned most of my sales from my father who sells fence, i go along with him and learn how to sell. been doing that since i was 15. now im 19:clapping: