PDA

View Full Version : What kind of software should I use?

gander54
03-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Hello I'm starting from the ground up like most of you have probably done and I'm wondering which software do you recommend and why? Gopher, LawnPro, or Quickbooks.

Kristopher Gander
Grass Choppers Lawn Care Services

Enzo
03-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I got Quickbooks from one of my friends. He put it on a cd from me. It is very simple to use and you can generate invoices and all that good stuff.

EcoStar
03-12-2008, 11:38 PM
I am very curious about this subject as well. I am using quick-books as my main accounts payable/receivable platform but am interested in finding a "industry specific" software to supplement my invoicing and estimating.

cgaengineer
03-13-2008, 06:56 AM
LawnPro is good for $70 bucks, I have yet to learn all about it, but it was one of the first things I purchased.

CreativeEdge
03-13-2008, 09:41 AM
I have quick books and have used them from the start. I wouldnt worry so much about routing software right now, unless you have so many customers that you cant keep up. If this is the case I would recommend CLIP software, it is great and links directly to QB for billing/invoicing, customer lists, etc.

TREEGUARD
03-13-2008, 09:52 AM
There are many different ones it depends on what you are looking for it to do & how much you want to spend. You can use gopher, clip, accountrix, quickbooks, groundskeeper, the list goes on & on it depends on you.

When i first started I used accountrix & i had it for a long time & it was easy to use but as the company grew I made the switch to clip in 2004. It's more expensive but easy to use & does more for me. I tried Quickbooks in 1994 ^& didn't't like but i'm sure it's much different today.

Anyway good luck to you in your search by the way most of these company's have demo versions try them & see witch one works for you.

03-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Landscape Management System.
It holds your customers info
It creates route sheets
It has a schedular
It has online customer payments
It's going to have payroll section soon
You can access it from anywhere
You can create invoices in seconds
And its only $3 a month

I use it, and I love it. Check it out. www.landscapemanagementsystem.com

gander54
03-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Thank you for all your info.

mike48114
03-15-2008, 04:29 PM
We use clipXP and quickbooks also. Makes life easy. Could not imagine running a lawn company without clip. We do billing for a few hundred clients in 20 min's. (that includes stuffing envalopes.)

www.clip.com

Cutting 4eva 21
03-15-2008, 05:11 PM
If your just starting out then quick books is fine, if your a bigger company then lanscape pro or something along that line.

Lawn-Sharks
03-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Ive been test driving the gopher software so far i like it better then what im using currently

Frue
03-15-2008, 08:15 PM
I use lawnpro 2.27 and I love it I do not like the newer version but 2.27. has worked awesome for me.

gander54
03-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Lawn Shark what were you using before and why don't you like it?
And Frue why don't you like the new lawnpro software?
I was kind of leaning towards that one so if you having any more info on it. I'd appreciate it.

Thank you for all your help
Kristopher

Lawn-Sharks
03-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Lawn Shark what were you using before and why don't you like it?
And Frue why don't you like the new lawnpro software?
I was kind of leaning towards that one so if you having any more info on it. I'd appreciate it.

Thank you for all your help
Kristopher

I was usuing Book keeper 2008 and it was ok...at first but when i needed to add extras to all my invoices or notes it wouldn't let me and if i wanted to charge different prices for different lawns i had to create prices for each lawn and word it differently and it could never be change or deleted.
EXAMPLE- Monthly Lawn service $ xxx.xx Monthly lawn service $ xxx.xx
Lawn Service $ xxx.xx Lawn service $ xxx.xx I Always had to word them a little different "price didnt matter" or it wouldn't let me save them. I could go on about this program... But i have been using the gopher software and love it...way cooler then what i have...

gander54
03-17-2008, 07:56 PM
thank you for the information

Down2EarthLawns
03-17-2008, 09:20 PM
I use Lawnpro for all of my scheduling. And now have integrated Quickbooks to handle my invoices and finances. I want to eventually go to something like Clip when budget allows. But Lawnpro is great to start off with. Support may lack, but you can use their forum to get you through.

kleankutslawn
03-17-2008, 09:52 PM
im using free trial of groundkeeper right now.its a toss up for me between groundkeeper&gopher

03-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Don't forget to check out LMS. It learns all your pricing and remembers it for each customer. The first time you make an invoice for customer XXX at $XXX.XX it remembers it and enters it automatically for you next time you make an invoice for them. If you change the price, then next time it remembers both prices and gives you the option of which to use. (or you can enter a totally different price if you need)

gander54
03-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the help guys

gander54
03-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Anybody use LawnPro software?

lawnbandit
03-25-2008, 07:41 PM
does any one have software for pda thanks

Harshman
03-25-2008, 08:05 PM
I use Quickbooks Pro and Lawn Pro. I would use Lawn Pro only except it has one flaw for my use. I have many monthly accounts and when one calls for an extra service, the software will not let me add it to the account for the billing period without great effort. I usually have to create a seperate invoice and wait till the end of the month and send both to my client. On a side note. You cannot add an accepted estimate to your mow schedule either. For example, I submitted a bid on flower bed maintenance on the 13th of March. The bid was approved yesterday, but the work will not be started until April 13th. I just have to pencil it in on my mow schedule.

Just my $.02.

gander54
03-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the info