PDA

View Full Version : have u guys found flyers good for business?

parkeey
03-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Just wondering, i think flyers is prob the best method for generating work, how many have u guys had to hand out to see a good return?? Its still cold and wet days in uk for spring so work is still slow??? any advice plzz

Cutting 4eva 21
03-13-2008, 01:33 PM
flyers work ok, but the % rate isn't that great. But there are alot of factors that determine that also.. location, turf, weather, customers. Some locations might be better than others. Try it and see , Ive learned in this business that you never stop advertising anyone you talk to is a potential client. Good luck.

Edmond_Dantes
03-13-2008, 01:52 PM
I've found that word of mouth is best for me. Doing a good job for someone speaks a lot better than whatever you have in print.

However, my fliers are out and I've only received on call which led to one yearly contract. For the amount of money and time I put into them, they're already a success. Business cards have worded better for me personally but were a lot more expensive.

Enzo
03-13-2008, 04:55 PM
I have printed 2500 flyers and handed out about 500. I have 7 clients now from those 500 i handed out so far. Its just a pain because you cant just drive around and put them on mailboxes or inside of them. SO we walk door to door and put the flyers there.

bohiaa
03-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Flyers Work GREAT for me....

the other day :while we were cutting 1 house, We put out flyers up and down the street, about 15 houses, Got 4 calls 1 sgined up, 1 was a 1 timer, and 1 is trying to get me cheeper.....

Seems diffrent things work in Diffrent areas,

Good luck

americanlawn
03-13-2008, 09:12 PM
If you put fliers in mailboxes, you need to put a postage stamp on them. Otherwise a big fine...... a few years ago, we put an estimate in a customer's "door". Seems it blew off his door, and his neighbor found it when he got home from work. So he put it in the guy's mail box. A few days later, we got a notice from that city's post office. They said, "Next time, it will be a $300 fine. We called them and informed them that we were not responsible, but they didn't't give a damn -- they put the blame on us. That's our government working for us????

Best return on fliers = 2%. Same with DMP's (direct mail packets). Best thing is to work on weekends when many homeowners are home. Neighbors see you too. Offering a referral rewards from customers works well. Five bucks or more will do the job. We offer five bucks. My two cents worth.

Okay.....the postmaster was Waukee, Iowa. Just guess how much respect we have for him............

green_mark
03-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Flyers have always worked well for us. We hire a number of services that deliver the local home town newspapers and/or a number of flyers of various non competing businesses.

DK lawn care
03-15-2008, 06:08 PM
I have printed 2500 flyers and handed out about 500. I have 7 clients now from those 500 i handed out so far. Its just a pain because you cant just drive around and put them on mailboxes or inside of them. SO we walk door to door and put the flyers there.

Why cant u just drive around?

BTW i think flyers work good.

P.Services
03-15-2008, 06:19 PM
i hope they work good if i get 2% back from this 30,000 i will be a busy buisness.
i dont know what i was thinking when i ordered that many :hammerhead::dizzy:
just got done bringing all of them inside

THRIFTY
03-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Picasso services: How do you plan to get all those out?????!!!!?????!!!!???

P.Services
03-15-2008, 08:34 PM
some will be inserted into the weekly papers, some will be put out on doors by employees/brothers, some will be put out by me. i have also had current clients ask for a little pile to pass out to their friends and neighbors coworkers.

P.Services
03-15-2008, 08:38 PM
just a price for some that may want to know. the local paper charges $55.00 per thousand plus .35cents a pound to insert them with the paper.

bill8379
03-15-2008, 08:38 PM
some will be inserted into the weekly papers, some will be put out on doors by employees/brothers, some will be put out by me. i have also had current clients ask for a little pile to pass out to their friends and neighbors coworkers.

Where I live, the local papers that deliver as inserts also do the printing and at a better rate then other printers. When I used to get them done by other people I had to have them bundled in 100's, if it's the same there, I hope the printer did that. Because it's a pain to do it your self.

old oak lawn
03-15-2008, 10:27 PM
flyers are working good so far this year. we only put them in paper boxes so no box no flyer. 1% return. also got the best job of my life from a business card left in a pizza business here in town. a builders wife picked it off the board and called,ended up with 15 homes and 1 set of town homes. and he has helped me get other business . so do all u can to get your name out.

JMiller08
03-15-2008, 11:44 PM
How much did all those cost???

mike13
03-16-2008, 06:50 AM
I'm just starting out too. The only calls I got were from posting on craigslist. I'm going to do their lawns on the weekends so hopefully their neighbors will see me...