PDA

View Full Version : landscaping help!

rcracer
03-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Well I am attempting to landscape my front yard. I took a couple of before pics. I need help with what color of mulch to use with the color of my house. And also what color of brick if any to use, and also do you guys glue your brick together or just stack them?:usflag:

GSPHUNTER
03-13-2008, 05:50 PM
By brick, do you mean landscape blocks. If you are talking about putting a decorative wall around that corner of the house, you'll have to pull those bushes and replant once you have the grade where you want it. Also, the wall would only be 2 - 3 blocks high at it highest point. If you are talking about just and edger, you should be able to just dig a trench for the edger, pack well, and place the edge in.

As for mulch, I like dyed brown.

rcracer
03-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of the bricks yes. The two red bushes are not in the ground I dug them up and just sat them there to get an idea of what I wanted. So I need to dig up the other two big bushes and then smooth out the dirt. Then I plant those bushes and get mulch and lay it down right. On the blocks do I just stack them or is there some kind of compund to put on them so they stay. I figured they woud stay by themselves.:usflag:

S L C
03-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Put in bullet edgers and call it good.... what is the point of putting block in there for a mini-wall ?? With the grade / height of everything the way it is, I just don't see the point!!! :dizzy:

http://www.paveloc.com/pages/bullet.html

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-13-2008, 09:35 PM
First your plants look way to close to the house. I would just use a bededger and shape the beds nicely and fill with a chocolate mulch.Go with a rounded corner too.

rcracer
03-13-2008, 10:13 PM
I have a couple of questions.

1. what is bullet edgeing?
2. we are planning on putting other plants with these to. Any ideas?
3. so do people not use blocks on something small like this.

thanks for all the help:usflag: