PDA

View Full Version : I am full servicen now

TandM
03-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Hey guys I just found out that one of my friends has his bug liscense and fert/ pesticides liscence. He is now part of my crew. I am full service at 15 heck yes beat that. He has a truck equipment and a good relatinship with a supplier. I am tired of subbing it out. Everything is in house now. I have 3 employees now. Now I just need more yards to pay for all of this stuff.

instyle
03-13-2008, 08:11 PM
So, if he is part of your crew....and he has his own truck and equipment....

This is making no sence.

am full service at 15 heck yes beat that

Any one can go buy some equipment and then find a friend who also has some, they could also say they are now "full service"....but without coustomers...without income...you have jack squat!!!

Now I just need more yards to pay for all of this stuff

Sounds like you have jack squat!

EcoStar
03-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Wow just wow:rolleyes:

LushGreenLawn
03-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Keep in mind if you are offering Squrt and Fert in your business name, you have to have a Pesticide Business License. You have to be certified to get this.

Your employees on the other hand, do not have to be certified. They have to be operating under the supervision of someone who is certified (you)

Sweet Tater
03-13-2008, 08:28 PM
So, if he is part of your crew....and he has his own truck and equipment....

This is making no sence.

Any one can go buy some equipment and then find a friend who also has some, they could also say they are now "full service"....but without coustomers...without income...you have jack squat!!!

Sounds like you have jack squat!

Come on, play nice, he's just a kid. We all need more lawns to pay for something.

Sunstate Lawn
03-13-2008, 08:39 PM
I was going to comment on your poor spelling. Something in the way of, "less time working, more time studying". Then I rethought it. You and your fert friend should partner up. That way his license covers you. He would own a portion of your company. Otherwise his license is useless to you in a legal sense. You might avoid trouble for a while, but eventually someone will turn you in.

On a different note when I was 15 I was sneaking out at night to party with my friends.

Good luck

js.lawn
03-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Keep in mind if you are offering Squrt and Fert in your business name, you have to have a Pesticide Business License. You have to be certified to get this.

Your employees on the other hand, do not have to be certified. They have to be operating under the supervision of someone who is certified (you)

in my area business has to have and employee has to have it too

bohiaa
03-13-2008, 08:51 PM
in my area business has to have and employee has to have it too

Yeaaaa i like 90 days or something like that..........

Cutting 4eva 21
03-13-2008, 09:21 PM
As stated in the above post. YOU the owner/operator has to have a commercial pesticide license to even offer fert/squirt. It does not matter that your friend has it you have to have it also. And as far as i know at 15 your not gona be able to get a license either so if you do continue to do this illegally which it is, then your looking for alot of trouble my friend. Hmmm i smell lawsuite?? or worse and also in my state your employees have to be registered with a pesticide license too...

Weekes
03-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey guys I just found out that one of my friends has his bug liscense and fert/ pesticides liscence. He is now part of my crew. I am full service at 15 heck yes beat that. He has a truck equipment and a good relatinship with a supplier. I am tired of subbing it out. Everything is in house now. I have 3 employees now. Now I just need more yards to pay for all of this stuff.

First off great work! Good to see you wanting to make more of yourself. I hope these comments have not frustrated you, because you are headed for a successful future.

That said these guys are all right. At 15 nobody should be comparing themselves to a full service company. Legally it is not possible.

You don't have proper licensing.

You can't legally hire employees.

You can't do pest control.

You can't purchase insurance.

You can't enforce contracts.

You are putting yourself in great danger of lawsuits and more.

You say you have employees how are they protected?

You are not gonna get pats on the back when you start bragging to guys that are legal. Many of the guys on here complain all the time about the people illegally in business. They are not gonna rally around you. Sorry, brutal I know; but those are the facts.

Take a step back, do what you can legally and prepare for when you are old enough to get into the big stuff. Stay legal stay in business.

lawnproslawncare
03-13-2008, 10:43 PM
ahh yes the joys of wi, Everyone Needs it if its being hired out

Runner
03-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Oh boy,....:dizzy::rolleyes:

ACA L&L
03-14-2008, 12:31 AM
omg i have a crew of buddies and we mow alot of lawns a saturdays, well in the afternoon, johnny my foreman has to do his chores first. Maybe we should hire another guy til he shows up? Not sure but we just added sprinkler insatallations. My dads a plumber so were covered there. bbaahhhhh!!!!

Raven386
03-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Now this is where that "teen forum" would come in handy... instead of posting this here he would post it were only the other "teens" would see it so they could encourage him and fill him with false hope and the idea that what he is doing is legal :)

Runner
03-14-2008, 01:19 AM
Exactly....
What really begs the question, is I would love to meet this guy who is not only a certified applicator, but a licensed company, who must have just recently renewed his business license (insurance included), and then said. "Hey, I know....I'll fore go all my money invested, take my truck and equipment, and just go on this kid's "payroll". This way,...everything can be done "in house"....
I am sorry,...but this makes less and less sense every time I read over it. It just gets too deep too fast in here at times...maybe the teen forum thing WOULD be an idea...that way everytime a thread or post comes up with $30,000 worth of equipment bought from a 14 year old kid, or a corporate mogul who is 16 comes up, it can be "moved" over to that forum.:sleeping::rolleyes:
Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy helping kids, (as well as everyone else), but when there gets to be so many of them on a forum, there is always going to be a certain number of those who push too hard - and literally lose the reader's attention from all the rhetoric and disbelief. Especially in this time of "my deck is bigger than your deck" attitudes. I mean there are many on here that have equipment listed in their "equipment lists" that they don't even own...They have dad's tractor, Uncle Bob's truck, Aunt Betsy's wheelbarrow and cousin Harold's trash pump.;)

jdmcat
03-14-2008, 01:33 AM
You do need a pesticide license as owner, which you have to be 18 to get, at least in my state. You also need to have the proper insurance to apply pesticides. Here in Idaho, you MUST have a pesticide license before you can make any applications unless you are in DIRECT contact with a licensed applicator. That means on the job site, in direct line of sight, and within earshot. Cell phone contact doesn't count. I imagine the laws are similar all over the country. The simple fact is you are 15 years old, you are NOT legal to spray. Period. Sorry to be so harsh but keep on working and in a few years you will be able to line that all up.

And please do yourself a favor... GRADUATE!

Raven386
03-14-2008, 01:46 AM
It is worth a laugh sometimes... these stories they make up, they take wayyy to much time to do it! they could have started up a real company in the time it took them to fabricate the "company" they post about here. I just love when they get called out, we never hear from them again,those are the best! They argue and fight about how their company is legit, and then there are the people from the forum who back them up and say good job or whatever compliments you might have... then when the person is asked for photos to prove it... they dissappear. And all of those people who post " good job, keep it up blah blah blah" we never hear anything from them either...

trent515
03-14-2008, 01:54 AM
A quick browse of posts showed you're grossing $15K at 15 years old, and you can somehow afford three employees and payroll taxes. This sure smells like something to me. How much is this licensed employee making---should be quite a bit, if he has all the equipment, knowledge, and licensing.

Raven386
03-14-2008, 01:56 AM
I would post my thoughts, but its just not even worth it...

ACA L&L
03-14-2008, 03:06 AM
Muzak in background......."I cant beleive it...." I was bailing hay at 15 on the weekends and gutting fish for my pa on the tug boat for $5 bucks a box.....it was a big box. Most kids work for there parents which is probably whats going on here. Lets get a teen forum started. Really i question the response 9 out of 10 times when i post. Im not sure if its a 15 year old with a thousand posts or a legit lco giving real advice. You have to read there last 50 postings to be sure there not some internet millionaire.............and the saga will continue.

S L C
03-14-2008, 10:57 AM
omg i have a crew of buddies and we mow alot of lawns a saturdays, well in the afternoon, johnny my foreman has to do his chores first. Maybe we should hire another guy til he shows up? Not sure but we just added sprinkler insatallations. My dads a plumber so were covered there. bbaahhhhh!!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::drinkup: