PDA

View Full Version : Card stock flyers or plain paper flyers?

green-pa
03-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Which is a more effective would u guys say; regular paper flyers or postcard like ( very thick like card stock) flyers. Keep in mind I'm talking about distributing into flyer boxes and newpaper boxes now not mailing.

I've not tried the thick card stock but I think it might work better as it seems more impressive than a plain piece of paper ( colored or not). Also, on card stock or photo paper, it's easier to print on both sides; putting nice image on one side maybe and more info on the other. I know it's more expensive to print out postcards ( about 2-5x as much for me) but if it doubles the response, then it's worth it.

Uranus
03-13-2008, 11:39 PM
I just used card stock for my mailed postcard. 110 lbs paper. Worked out pretty well. I agree with you on how your flyer will look better printed on both sides with a thicker paper. Good luck getting new accounts

EcoStar
03-13-2008, 11:49 PM
We are using card stock this year as well. Much better quality printing imo.
Daniel

green-pa
03-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Do u guys have experience with using cardstock or postcard style instead of flyers? I'm not talking about mailing them now, just putting in flyer boxes.

Do u KNOW that they do better than regular paper or?

grntmbfisher
03-14-2008, 07:23 AM
I just started delivering flyers this past week (Kind of early for my area, but I wanted to get a headstart) and haven't got a response yet. I use 110 pound card stock like a few others and feel it looks so much more professional not to mention it will take a lot more of a beating from newspapers getting shoved into it than printer paper.
I'm not exactly sure if by postcard style you mean printing like 2 or 3 flyers per sheet. I print off two per page and bag them in transparent red bags and they fit perfectly into newspaper boxes. If they were full page they'd need to be rolled or folded and I think they might get crushed by the newspaper guy.

Yerkz
03-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Go with the card stock. You can have it printed 3up on 8.5x11 paper giving a finished size when trimmed of 3 3/8x8.5. You will get more cards for your money that way. Also take advantage of the back side of the card to get the most out of it. I would only use a light weight flyer if you were going to set it up like a brochure and have it tri-folded.

echeandia
03-15-2008, 11:21 PM
I had my flyers printed on 80# gloss text. It was thin but shinny.