PDA

View Full Version : Put in flyer box or behind flag?

green-pa
03-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Is it more effective to put the flyer behind the flag on the mailbox or just in the paper/flyer box? It's obviously much more visable behind the flag, isn't prone to be smashed in by a large newspaper or other flyers either.
The only thing is, that it's sorta bending the rules I believe, but I see many do it all the time. I saw a Comcast guy putting his cards behind the flyer so I'm thinking if he can do it then why not I?
I just don't want all these flyers I'm doing to go to waste, even though, I know many fly off or get trashed anyhow.

Runner
03-13-2008, 10:55 PM
You cn't touch the mailbox....period. And you sure can't compare yourself or set your standards to some 7 dollar an hour moron out putting flyers out for Comcast.

green-pa
03-13-2008, 11:00 PM
You cn't touch the mailbox....period. And you sure can't compare yourself or set your standards to some 7 dollar an hour moron out putting flyers out for Comcast.

Well, that's what I've heard, that ur really not supposed to, but companies do it all the time. I thought I'd heard last year that a few guys swear up and down, that it's the most effective way. Any one else do this?

Enzo
03-13-2008, 11:07 PM
You cant touch the mailbox like Runner said. i started to do that and learned the hard way. A post man told me i could get fined and he said you better go take the ones you put up today and take them down from the mail boxes.

green-pa
03-13-2008, 11:14 PM
Ok, point taken.

Well what about taping them to the flyer box vs putting it inside or taking it to the door and taping it to the door?

Do u guys just put it in the flyer box and hope for the best?

What days would u say are the most effective? I'm thinking Sat-Sun. But then it's kinda wasting time to NOT do flyers Mon-Fri isn't it?

JimSolo73
03-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Door hangers are good. You could also roll up the flyer and tuck it between the door jam and the knob just make sure its a bright color so it wont get overlooked...OR just hang it om the mailbox flyer and be sure you dont touch the box while your doing it ;) (kidding)

Marcos
03-14-2008, 12:23 AM
...OR just hang it om the mailbox flyer and be sure you dont touch the box while your doing it ;) (kidding)

...OR just wait until some hot adult female sunbather strools out to the side porch and lies down on a chaise lounge. Then hang it.
Be sure you don't touch the box while you're doing it.
:laugh:

Marcos
03-14-2008, 12:38 AM
(oops)...couldn't resist with that last one. :rolleyes:

My former partner and I used to do gobs of doorhangers, spring after spring.
Too much time and $$$.
Simply not enough result.

It took me a number of years to realize, though, that the best way to get new customers was through word of mouth, even with a 'newbie'.

So if I had to do it all over again...I'd simply start out by finding a number of customers to do jobs for...who were "gossipy" about things, good or bad.

THESE are the gold mines that make or break you !
(Obviously...if you screw up...likely,....you're toast!!:confused:)
But if you REALLY make these people HAPPY....look out for referrals coming your way !!