PDA

View Full Version : My 15 Minute Flyer

TheTurfTender
03-13-2008, 11:17 PM
I am going to print off about 20 of these. But, before I waste my blue ink cartridge, see any flaws or have any recomendations?

Simplecut20
03-13-2008, 11:34 PM
Yea, I belive it would be cheaper to go to kinkos or something instead of using 1 $25.00 ink cartridge.

TheTurfTender
03-13-2008, 11:38 PM
You know how much that white text box saved me? :)

CALandscapes
03-13-2008, 11:42 PM
In the last paragraph you wrote "weather". It should read "whether".

Also, you might want to think about printing black ink on blue paper. You're gonna kill yourself on the blue ink cartridges.

S L C
03-13-2008, 11:45 PM
"Our line of services include, but are not limited too" ??

Ahh, since I used to live in Maple Plain, MN ... just helping you out... ah, that would be TO this is not an also situation here!! :hammerhead: J/K

Sweet Tater
03-13-2008, 11:46 PM
In the last paragraph you wrote "weather". It should read "whether".

Also, you might want to think about printing black ink on blue paper. You're gonna kill yourself on the blue ink cartridges.

plus so much ink will make the paper wet, unless its a lazer printer

TheTurfTender
03-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Awesome. Made those corrections. Thanks, of course the SC does not pick that stuff up!!

Thanks. I am printing on #100 stock so the paper isn't bad. I am just going to give to local businesses, so I only need a few.

Ed Ryder
03-14-2008, 12:43 AM
The guys here did a good job of spotting some of the little errors.

1. In my opinion, emphasizing price as a selling point is not the way to go. It's a common beginner mistake. I consider it your *number 1* error in this piece.

2. Does this piece accurately represent your business? Who is "we" ?

3. The opening paragraph has some flashy buzz words that hurts the piece, in my opinion.

providing property solutions...

we specialize in cost-effective remedies...

It's just my opinion, but from my point of view - the way my brain works - I like a clear, direct, concise explanation of who you are and what you offer and the slightest whiff of bullsh*t will turn me off and I'll absolutely think less of you. (I'm a tough customer :)

4. I do like that you have irrigation expertise. That's impressive. If you could mention any certifications you have related to that, it would strengthen credibility.

5. I like that you included a "call to action" message. Good job.

6. Your slogan is that you are a cut above the rest. What makes you above the competition? What is your distinct advantage that sets you apart? Are they just shallow words? Does it represent your commitment to quality? Is it what your other customers say about you? You list services offered and highlight affordable pricing. I'm wondering if there are words you could come up with that sells your story better - about who you are, what you offer and can do for people - while not deleting the reason to call you now.

7. I like the business name.

8. "Weekly Lawn Service" section: add an "s" to "clipping"

That's pretty good for 15 minutes of work. I bet you can do even better with a version 2.

Icemanku
03-14-2008, 01:31 AM
I am going to print off about 20 of these. But, before I waste my blue ink cartridge, see any flaws or have any recomendations?

I will be AMAZED if you pass out only 20 and get any return. Also printing these out with your color printer is the most expensive way you can print. Got to Kinkos or Office Depot and print color there. You'll save a ton of coin.

TheTurfTender
03-14-2008, 01:44 AM
Ed,

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I just left the investment business, and I can get enough BUZZ words :) Your right though, it does tend to give off an unpleasent order when your description is wishy washy! I'm a rook, so I'm just trying to get in the door! We is comprised of myself, a few friends (*ICI Certif'd) that are helping out on different days of the week, and a great group of subs that will operate under my name.

I love what you are saying in your 6th point, I just need to condense it and find an applicable place to put it. I don't want the font to be any smaller.

The "s" has been added!

ICE, I'm targeting 16 specific businesses tomorrow just to practice getting in front of people and selling them on improving their properties. Additionally, they are all within 5 minutes of my house!!

nherweck
03-14-2008, 05:40 AM
Also, last paragraph, need to change your to you're.

See if you can chop off any of the details? From the looks of it, I'm seeing a brochure, rather than a flyer. A flyer in my mind looks similar to this quickie:

ABC LAWN CARE
SERVING SPRINGFIELD, MO
CALL NOW FOR GREAT RATES
XXX-XXX-XXXX
www.XXXXXXX.com

Make sense?

Also, go down to a copy store, make up b&w copies, and run up 500 or so copies. The more you run, the better chance you'll have.

GOOD LUCK!!!

levithan9
03-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey TURF TENDER.....

can you email me a picture of the grass you have at the bottom of your flyer?? I have been all over the net the last few weeks trying to get a good pic of grass from a side view.

levithan9@yahoo.com

Man...much thanks if you can do that for me.

topsites
03-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Yes, spend 2-3 hours on it.
If you can do that in 15 minutes think of how much that would improve things.

Never cheap out on advertising, you'll only pay for it later, if money is an issue the best thing to do then is spend quality time with it.

TheTurfTender
03-14-2008, 08:15 PM
I got ten of them at OfficeMax. $12. I felt like I just had a colonoscopy when I left!!!

S L C
03-14-2008, 08:56 PM
I got ten of them at OfficeMax. $12. I felt like I just had a colonoscopy when I left!!!

LMAO dude... :usflag:

EcoStar
03-14-2008, 09:36 PM
I have found better quality, prices, and service at local print shops rather than the Kinkos & Officemax type places.

Just food for thought
Daniel

TheTurfTender
03-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I have some quality marketing pieces, but the point of this was that I needed something quickly. There is so much to do before the first year, and I can't even find time to put together some things. I am managing my time pretty good, and according to by Bus plan I am on track, but when I have a few minutes, I start to get new ideas, and this just happened to be one of em....

Icemanku
03-15-2008, 12:43 AM
I have some quality marketing pieces, but the point of this was that I needed something quickly. There is so much to do before the first year, and I can't even find time to put together some things. I am managing my time pretty good, and according to by Bus plan I am on track, but when I have a few minutes, I start to get new ideas, and this just happened to be one of em....

Are you really passing out 12 colored flyers? Are you for real?

TheTurfTender
03-15-2008, 12:48 AM
ICE. We talking about Practice. What? We talking about Practice. Not a game. We talking about practice.

Icemanku
03-15-2008, 12:50 AM
ICE. We talking about Practice. What? We talking about Practice. Not a game. We talking about practice.

Am I missing something here? Are you or are you not passing out 20 flyers?

kleankutslawn
03-15-2008, 12:51 AM
well good luck with your pratice run

TheTurfTender
03-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Ice. My marketing campaign in a nutshell.

Adwords

Yahoo Search Marketing

Yahoo Local Listings

Citysearch Listings.

3" by 5" add in local paper 78,000 circulation running 8 weeks

2000 door hangers going out starting next week!

All in all a little over 1K in marketing cost.

So, as a pilot. I figured I would print up 10-20 business flyers and go into a couple of shops and try out my game. It needs a little work, and I want my message to be consistent. So printing out 12 half-ass flyers seem to be an economical way go in getting ready for a hopefully busy late march and April.

So you did miss a little, but it would have been hard to visualize seeing I never put the info out there till now! ;)

Happy Hunting to us all!!

Icemanku
03-15-2008, 01:05 AM
Ice. My marketing campaign in a nutshell.

Adwords

Yahoo Search Marketing

Yahoo Local Listings

Citysearch Listings.

3" by 5" add in local paper 78,000 circulation running 8 weeks

2000 door hangers going out starting next week!

All in all a little over 1K in marketing cost.

So, as a pilot. I figured I would print up 10-20 business flyers and go into a couple of shops and try out my game. It needs a little work, and I want my message to be consistent. So printing out 12 half-ass flyers seem to be an economical way go in getting ready for a hopefully busy late march and April.

So you did miss a little, but it would have been hard to visualize seeing I never put the info out there till now! ;)

Happy Hunting to us all!!

What kind of keywords are you using for adwords?

TheTurfTender
03-15-2008, 01:11 AM
LOL. 253 of em!

I forgot I signed with Service Magic yesterday too. With my radius, I should get 17 leads by mid april. No guar. of course, but that is what their forcasting tool said.

Icemanku
03-15-2008, 01:17 AM
LOL. 253 of em!

I forgot I signed with Service Magic yesterday too. With my radius, I should get 17 leads by mid april. No guar. of course, but that is what their forcasting tool said.

How many accounts have you generated from just the internet?

TheTurfTender
03-15-2008, 01:26 AM
3 bids, 1 Committment.

My site went live on 3/2, and adwords started on 3/5. First day the site was advertised.

Icemanku
03-15-2008, 02:10 AM
whats your website?

TheTurfTender
03-15-2008, 10:30 AM
My Website is:

www.TheTurfTender.com

Icemanku
03-15-2008, 11:54 AM
My Website is:

www.TheTurfTender.com

I saw in your source code that you didn't fill in your meta tags. Also the more content you have on your site explaining things with key words you'll do a better job at getting ranked.

TheTurfTender
03-15-2008, 12:24 PM
I have the keywords in my Meta Tags, but I could have done that wrong. I'll check again. Should every page have metas? I just put them on the home page.

Enzo
03-15-2008, 12:57 PM
I printed 2500 flyers from docucopies.com. It cost me 382 with 1 day shipping. It took only two days to get everything made and shipped it was great. I handed out about 500 of them and got 8 clients so far.