PDA

View Full Version : Breaking out the wallet again tomorrow

bigw
03-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Picking these up tomorrow to add to my arsenial. Hope they do me good! Its the KM130 with a 36cc engine.

bigw
03-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Oh and this too :weightlifter: This is a MS-290 with an 18'' bar now mind you i am getting a pretty good discount on all of this stuff so that makes it alittle easier to swallow.

02DURAMAX
03-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Post some pics when you get all your new toys!!

nherweck
03-14-2008, 05:41 AM
Have you ever used a curved shaft edger? I just can't get used to it, and it bothers me. I've used a straight shaft for quite a while now.

Good luck!

grasswhacker
03-14-2008, 06:06 AM
You'll like the Stihl Kombi. I have the sythe, trimmer and pruning saw attachment.

cgaengineer
03-14-2008, 06:12 AM
Picking these up tomorrow to add to my arsenial. Hope they do me good! Its the KM130 with a 36cc engine.

Your gonna love the KM130...wait until you see how much power it has and how easy it is to start (No need to prime with the bulb, just choke for me anyways). I have the same powerhead and I love it! Oh since you posted pics of the curved shaft, dont waste your money (YMMV)...get the straight...if you still want the curved I will sell you mine!! If you have to do new edge the straight is the only way to go.

bill8379
03-14-2008, 07:12 AM

Or just repost the same pics:rolleyes:

Indy Kyle
03-14-2008, 07:38 AM
I have always used a straight shaft trimmer then last year I used a curved shaft for about an hour. I felt like I was going to die. It killed my back. Being 6'3" doesn't help much either.

S L C
03-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Or just repost the same pics:rolleyes:

LOL :clapping::clapping:

bruno_rs
03-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Oh and this too :weightlifter: This is a MS-290 with an 18'' bar now mind you i am getting a pretty good discount on all of this stuff so that makes it alittle easier to swallow.

hey bigw, just be careful getting yourself in too deep (debt and/or cash poor), before you get the ball rolling. i'm not going to ask how you're acquiring and/or paying for all the "best stuff"... your business is none of my business. HOWEVER, i will say, most of us started out with older machines and SLOWLY and/or steadily worked our way up to "state of the art" equipment. morever most of us learned, thru 1st hand experience, (YOUR) customers' needs dictate any equipment needed and/or purchased to get the job done AND make you money, not put you in debt!!!. i'd rather be putting "green" my pocket rather than "red" on the spreadsheet. for larger projects, think of rentals until you become established. don't take offense... i've read some of your posts and know how "sensitive" you can get... just looking out for the new guy. good luck and put all that "stuff" to good use. have a good one.

topsites
03-14-2008, 06:34 PM
hey bigw, just be careful getting yourself in too deep (debt and/or cash poor), before you get the ball rolling.

I second this advice, you really want to watch your expenses because the first year is rough and in my opinion the Ztr was already overspending...
Look at the guy in another thread getting out of the business, he's got a few years in and sure enough all his stuff is no older than his business...
Not saying that this is guaranteed what did it, no, but it doesn't help.

I didn't get a lot of that stuff until my 2nd-4th year, I didn't have no chainsaw, no edger, no hedge trimmer, and certainly none of those attachments.
I spent a good thousand on wheel barrow and rake and pitchfork and shovel and tools and tarps and oil and filters and starter fluid and antifreeze and and and all kinds of knick knack, trust me at 50-60 and 20-40 dollars each it adds up quick, do you have all that yet?

Then you want at least a couple of thousand cash in the bank at all times, not just your first year but from here on out, to me 2g is bare minimum I prefer more, but at least 2g starting because with fuel and supplies it don't take long. We don't always get paid right away, it takes me up to a month before the money is finally rolling in AND out in a steady fashion, but every business expense I have to spring for upfront.

Then you are acquiring customers, no argument there are good numbers but I think you can admit things could be better, I mean, I had to compromise my first year and still to this day sometimes I do... And we lose in the compromise and it ain't pretty, but spring is the best part of the year now that only lasts 2-3 months...

Then comes summer, that crap is rough, spring everything is all lalala party-party-party
but the work comes to a screeching halt somewhere around June you can feel it just slowing way down.
And if the work doesn't slow down, them 90+ degree days usually will :laugh:

So keep some cash reserves, don't go overboard.
Same here, it's none of my business, but it's the same advice I got starting out, I later found it to be mostly true.

topsites
03-14-2008, 07:42 PM
So, if you still have a thousand :laugh:
Here's what you really need:

- A truck box, the kind that goes behind the cab.
> Can be used, doesn't have to be expensive, they all last more than a few years, but DO make sure it can be locked!
- A hand-held tool box (this goes in the bed of the truck), so you have tools with you in the field! Bigger is better, plastic is fine.

Inside the truck box you want:
- Jumper cables.
- One gallon already mixed 50/50 antifreeze, if you have an empty bottle of antifreeze you can save a few dollars by mixing pure with water yourself. But it has to be mixed, pure antifreeze does little good out on the road if your truck needs coolant.
- One quart of oil for the truck, and another for the mowers (check make sure you get the right weight).
- One bottle each of brake fluid, power steering fluid, and transmission fluid.
- One can of fix-a-flat, one wd-40, and another of Starter fluid.
> Fix-a-flat is for the MOWER (not the truck).
- A long chain or rope, strong stuff, not for pulling trees or crap out of the ground but for WHEN you get your mower stuck! At least 50 feet but 100 feet is much better, I know I shouldn't have said WHEN you get it stuck but I speak from experience lol it has to be strong so at least 2,000 pounds test.
- A blade belt, a truck belt, anyhow about a spare belt for any belt on your truck or equipment that could break.
- A bottle of hydraulic fluid for the Z.
- Also the truckbox comes in handy for sticking in stuff like a chainsaw, string for the trimmer, and mix oils.

Then in the hand-held toolbox you want:
- One complete set of wrenches, can be either metric or SAE but both would be best.
- A complete set of ratchet bits and the ratchet wrench, the 3/8's stuff.
- A hammer, a pliers, a crowbar, and an adjustable wrench.
- Two vise grips, one needle nose and another regular.
- A set of allen or hex wrenches (not crucial but very handy).
- A spark plug removal tool (should come with the ratchet set).
- A spark plug gap tool device thing.
- 2-3 each phillips head AND flat head screwdrivers, various sizes.
That's pretty basic, more is better but this is good for starters.

You also need:
- A wheelbarrow (this can stay at home most of the time).
- A tough tarp (Cordura, or Dernier), 6x8 or 8x10.
- Two rakes, one stiff the other bristle tines (but at least the bristly one).
- Two shovels, one flat the other round end.
- Two 5-gallon gas cans, and one 2.5 gallon (for mix).
> Most of that goes in the bed.
Oh yeah, a pitch fork... If you want the right kind get a 10-tine thou they run 60-100 bucks (each, yes) but you only need one.

I'm sure there's more, but for starters and cost issues, it takes time...
A first-aid kit is probably highly recommended, actually more helpful in the earlier years (odd, but I haven't used mine in some time)... Still it never beats having this, I think the last time I had severe muffler burns so I put some ointment on it and bandage it up gtg did hurt and slowed me down cost me like 20 minutes, but I didn't have to drive to some clinic (it was that painful).

A set of padlocks would be handy as well, for the handheld tool box, for the trailer gate, for the tongue latch, and also maybe another 8-10 feet length of chain to thread around all your 2-cyclers keep it locked up (yes even when working, or better yet especially when working!).

I carry onboard a 12v air compressor, a plug-flats kit, a first-aid kit, spare spark plugs and a slew of other things as well, this takes time (years) but every thing you can add to the arsenal cuts out down-time (not completely, but it sure is nice when I can fix a flat tire in the field vs. having to drive to the dealer). For a LOT of this arsenal I used stuff I already had, doesn't have to be brand new, so if you already have jumper cables just stick those in there, for example (btw jumper cables can start the Ztr too).

Again all that last stuff I just mention for examples, it takes years to build yourself a great 'whatever happens mofo I am READY for the bs' kit, but the first list is something I would work on asap, exxxtremely handy you can't do without this stuff... Mowers and trucks and trailers and 2-cyclers will break, even brand new ones do it, you can't afford every time to drive to the dealer, also shovels and rakes don't exactly inspire great work scenes in the mind but they are elementary tools that to me I couldn't do without.

Other notes: It would be helpful if more folks read the 'stickied' TIPS, Do's and Don'ts tips for the new guy thread... It's a long one and there's bits of bs and spam in it but in between there exist many great pieces of information.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=13339

Lawn-Sharks
03-14-2008, 07:44 PM

I have the MS - 290 with the 20" bar..wheeew what a beast!!! you'll love it

MAC LLC
03-14-2008, 08:09 PM
to go along with top sites... i bought a ""HUSKY 12VDC / 120VAC PORTABLE POWER PACK. 12VDC JUMPER CABLES, 12VDC ACCESSORY
SOCKET, 400 WATT 120VAC INVERTER, AIR COMPRESSOR, L.E.D. WORK LIGHTS""" (sorry for caps) for $60 new

its home depot brand but works well, just have to remember to charge it, it comes in handy even if you do not keep it in the trailer

i remember plugging spot lights into the inverter to finish a few fall cleanups. it stays in the cab of my truck year round. you never know when some chick might need her car jumped ...

lopomon
03-14-2008, 08:09 PM
yeah, if i were you i would pay for all that stuff cash. im also just starting out but no way will i buy all that stuff and finance it. im already strapped for cash, got my truck payment, also my personal vehicle, so that was kind of needed. im just seeing if i can justify 200 bucks a month on a mower, and i wouldnt even THINK about starting out with a ZTR.

Sunstate Lawn
03-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Wow bigw. Perhaps you should post your bank records so we can scrutinize them. That equipment looks good. I personally like redmax, but stihl is a quality product.
Do you focus on commercial or residential?

TheTurfTender
03-14-2008, 08:57 PM
So, if you still have a thousand :laugh:
Here's what you really need:

- A truck box, the kind that goes behind the cab.
> Can be used, doesn't have to be expensive, they all last more than a few years, but DO make sure it can be locked!
- A hand-held tool box (this goes in the bed of the truck), so you have tools with you in the field! Bigger is better, plastic is fine.

Inside the truck box you want:
- Jumper cables.
- One gallon already mixed 50/50 antifreeze, if you have an empty bottle of antifreeze you can save a few dollars by mixing pure with water yourself. But it has to be mixed, pure antifreeze does little good out on the road if your truck needs coolant.
- One quart of oil for the truck, and another for the mowers (check make sure you get the right weight).
- One bottle each of brake fluid, power steering fluid, and transmission fluid.
- One can of fix-a-flat, one wd-40, and another of Starter fluid.
> Fix-a-flat is for the MOWER (not the truck).
- A long chain or rope, strong stuff, not for pulling trees or crap out of the ground but for WHEN you get your mower stuck! At least 50 feet but 100 feet is much better, I know I shouldn't have said WHEN you get it stuck but I speak from experience lol it has to be strong so at least 2,000 pounds test.
- A blade belt, a truck belt, anyhow about a spare belt for any belt on your truck or equipment that could break.
- A bottle of hydraulic fluid for the Z.
- Also the truckbox comes in handy for sticking in stuff like a chainsaw, string for the trimmer, and mix oils.

Then in the hand-held toolbox you want:
- One complete set of wrenches, can be either metric or SAE but both would be best.
- A complete set of ratchet bits and the ratchet wrench, the 3/8's stuff.
- A hammer, a pliers, a crowbar, and an adjustable wrench.
- Two vise grips, one needle nose and another regular.
- A set of allen or hex wrenches (not crucial but very handy).
- A spark plug removal tool (should come with the ratchet set).
- A spark plug gap tool device thing.
- 2-3 each phillips head AND flat head screwdrivers, various sizes.
That's pretty basic, more is better but this is good for starters.

You also need:
- A wheelbarrow (this can stay at home most of the time).
- A tough tarp (Cordura, or Dernier), 6x8 or 8x10.
- Two rakes, one stiff the other bristle tines (but at least the bristly one).
- Two shovels, one flat the other round end.
- Two 5-gallon gas cans, and one 2.5 gallon (for mix).
> Most of that goes in the bed.
Oh yeah, a pitch fork... If you want the right kind get a 10-tine thou they run 60-100 bucks (each, yes) but you only need one.

I'm sure there's more, but for starters and cost issues, it takes time...
A first-aid kit is probably highly recommended, actually more helpful in the earlier years (odd, but I haven't used mine in some time)... Still it never beats having this, I think the last time I had severe muffler burns so I put some ointment on it and bandage it up gtg did hurt and slowed me down cost me like 20 minutes, but I didn't have to drive to some clinic (it was that painful).

A set of padlocks would be handy as well, for the handheld tool box, for the trailer gate, for the tongue latch, and also maybe another 8-10 feet length of chain to thread around all your 2-cyclers keep it locked up (yes even when working, or better yet especially when working!).

I carry onboard a 12v air compressor, a plug-flats kit, a first-aid kit, spare spark plugs and a slew of other things as well, this takes time (years) but every thing you can add to the arsenal cuts out down-time (not completely, but it sure is nice when I can fix a flat tire in the field vs. having to drive to the dealer). For a LOT of this arsenal I used stuff I already had, doesn't have to be brand new, so if you already have jumper cables just stick those in there, for example (btw jumper cables can start the Ztr too).

Again all that last stuff I just mention for examples, it takes years to build yourself a great 'whatever happens mofo I am READY for the bs' kit, but the first list is something I would work on asap, exxxtremely handy you can't do without this stuff... Mowers and trucks and trailers and 2-cyclers will break, even brand new ones do it, you can't afford every time to drive to the dealer, also shovels and rakes don't exactly inspire great work scenes in the mind but they are elementary tools that to me I couldn't do without.

Other notes: It would be helpful if more folks read the 'stickied' TIPS, Do's and Don'ts tips for the new guy thread... It's a long one and there's bits of bs and spam in it but in between there exist many great pieces of information.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=13339

This was an execellent post. Thanks topsites! I have about $2500 banked. I have two toolboxes, and a few other little items, but your post put it into perspective! 3 5 gallon Gas cans helps too!!

Mark Bogart
03-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Have you ever used a curved shaft edger? I just can't get used to it, and it bothers me. I've used a straight shaft for quite a while now.

Good luck!

If your a tall person a curved shaft will kill your back!

jdmcat
03-14-2008, 10:22 PM
So, if you still have a thousand...

Wow, thanks for the info. I was debating getting a 24"x48" lock box for my trailer but wasn't sure what all to keep in it. Looks like a great starting point!

bigw
03-14-2008, 11:25 PM
WOW i never knew you guys loved me so much and were so concerned about my finance's....Well where do i start...First of all let me say this and i am dead serious so please take this entire post seriously because i think id like to clear up a few things so maybe you guys will get a better judgement of me.

Not that i feel i need to justify anything i have done but id like to make sure you guys can all rest..lol.For one i am 44 years old with a pretty bright head on my shoulders and i have been in sales for the longest time and very successful at it so thats one of the main reasons i thought to get into this field since selling our service's is what we do before the work starts.

I am also very mechanically inclined and very street wise so doing this type of work is nothing for me. I have been a mechanic and built my own race cars and race engine's. I have been a mason and a concrete finisher also, I also have 4 kids one 26 college grad that manages a contstruction co. and owns 2 houses and a shore house.
My other son is 24 just graduated from Temple university with a Ba in accounting and just bought his first house and does TAX AUDITING for a local co. My 3RD son is 19 and has been in the USAF for the past 2 years.

Then we have my beautiful daughter Cassandra who will be 16 in april and is now and has always been a distinguished honor roll student so i must be doing some things right wouldnt you say?
My wife works for a Major propaine company in my area as the controller { she is also the one that chase's down the no-pays } We get are house heated for free mind you so thats a nice perk. Now as far as my finances go and my spending habits with my new business i have paid for over 95% of everything with cash that i have saved over the years and have a total bill of 3500 that i am currently financing other then my truck but even if i wasnt in this business id have that payment.
I bought all these things and also traded back in my echo 755 bk pack blower today {got every penny back} and i bought the 8510 Shidawia back pack blower instead.{way more power}and only had to pay a 20$ difference.
I may have been born on a Tuesday but as i tell my kids it wasnt Last Tuesday, I would never take all my money and roll the dice on any business let alone this business.
My family has always come first to me and always will so i wouldn't do that to them. I have money or {cash flow} to help me if and when the times become tough or simply for business needs as they are needed. Not that its any ones business but i live by 3 old sayings and that is #1 { you get what you pay for} and #2 { If you are going to do something do it right or stay home} # 3 {Wether you think you can or wether you think you cant..YOU ARE RIGHT} and that's just how i have always lived my life.
I have to "believe" that i will be successful and i have to put 100% into this or i will fail because i know my faults also and one of them is if i start to get down or second guess myself i tend to stress too much { you guys know that already lol} and then i screw up so i have to stay strong and positive and i guess that's why i am always looking to you guys for support and the so called pats on my back,see those pats help me to stay strong and keep me focused.

I have done more homework and more work in general then you guys can even imagine. I mean i started this entire lawn care business in Nov OF 07 and just look where i am now. I have come along way in my life and think i have the smarts to do this right,i waited 44 yrs to try my own business because i knew i was not ready before now.
I have built my credit score to over 820 and not that i need it but i have 2 credit cards worth more then i possibly need but i have no intentions of using them like that. I have cleared the balance totally on the one and it is now my "business card" which i will use for business expense's only and will be paid from business money. I have 80% of everything topsites says i need and am working on getting the rest. Ok so now you know my situation maybe you'll understand my motives or my actions alittle better.

I am {not} the new guy with no brains that is just digging himself a hole with debt,my worst case scenario and this is for real... my business sucks and i decide to come on here and sell you guys all my nice new shiny equipment { at a profit lol} and i go back to the many other jobs that i could do, i could say screw this right now and go sell Cars tomorrow and make 2x the money i am going to make my first few years doing this. Why don't i ? Because i am 44 and i have done that been their and got the T-shirts and now its time to do "what i want to do" and live my dream of owning my own business thats why.
I have very realistic expectations for my business and this is how i see it going for me..I will struggle at first to the point that i may be eating grilled cheese sandwiches 4 days a week and for the first time in 20 years i will not go on any vacations.
I will give up lots of toys and nights out eating,i will pay all my bills first and then put 85% of whats left back into my business and i will "maybe keep 25$" in my pocket for the week. I will buy work clothes from the thrift store and watch my money as much as possible but i will not buy junk or other peoples used equipment for my business unless i am 100% sure it has not been beaten to sht.

I have an accountant to help me do right with my business and my money decisions so i will use him all i can. I had a dream to start this business and i said to my wife and myself that if i am going to dive into this i am going to dive in head first and do this right or not at all so here i am not even spring yet and i am basically ready to roll. My goal is to do what i need to do to keep my business afloat for the first year and hopefully build on to it every year and by my 4th year i hope to have a nice size crew doing the work for me...maybe a pipe dream but its my pipe and I'm going to be the one smoking it.

So please stop bashing me for trying to do this my way..i appreciate all the help i have gotten so far and hope to get more help from you guys as i certainly need alot of it. I try to keep my cool on here but its tough when you always feel like you are being disrespected or bashed for just about everything i say or post. Just watch how long this post takes before someone trys and start something..i give it a few minutes at best.

If any of you actually ever met me you would see i am really a good guy that would give you the shirt off of his back...but i will not take no crap either so i am who i am like me or not!

cgaengineer
03-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Damn bigw, you sound alot like me!! I am a jack of all trades, master of none! I have been an auto mechanic, land surveyor, computer technician and lawn guy. I can fix or build anything...somewhere in all of this I manage to have a hobby of photography which I happen to be pretty good at as well. My thing is I get bored if I sit, and I sit all day at work. Lawn care for me is a good way to get outside and work hard.

bigw
03-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Damn bigw, you sound alot like me!! I am a jack of all trades, master of none! I have been an auto mechanic, land surveyor, computer technician and lawn guy. I can fix or build anything...somewhere in all of this I manage to have a hobby of photography which I happen to be pretty good at as well. My thing is I get bored if I sit, and I sit all day at work. Lawn care for me is a good way to get outside and work hard.

Thats one of the reasons i have most of everything Topsites says to get, i have about $10,000 in Hand tools and air tools and tool boxes alone from when i turned wrenches. Half of them i dont even use anymore.

cgaengineer
03-15-2008, 12:10 AM
Thats one of the reasons i have most of everything Topsites says to get, i have about $10,000 in Hand tools and air tools and tool boxes alone from when i turned wrenches. Half of them i dont even use anymore.

Same, I sold my large rolling MAC tools chest, downgraded to a Ball Bearing CRAPsman! Funny thing is I have some broken SnapOn tools and no way to get them swapped out! I have some Tie Rod sockets for Fords...never use them, Pontiac 2.5L oil filter wrench, never use it...and a ton of stuff that I have loaned out and cannot remember to who!!

bruno_rs
03-15-2008, 12:50 AM
hey bigw, now that you've fully explained yourself, i still stand by my advice and/or suggestions. nothing i said and/or suggested was disrepectful and/or meant to be taken as an insult.

sure there are some fools on this site that have nothing better to do than criticize and/or belittle others but keep in mind those who can, do... those who can't, criticize!

being in sales you cannot take negative comments to seriously otherwise you'd rarely "close" and/or "turn off" most you come in contact with. moreover, constructive criticism is a GOOD thing. you say, you're looking forward to growing your business and "running" a crew? if your guys tell you something you don't want to hear... what then? do you fire them and insist everyone must think exactly like you? sometimes it's good to have a "different" point of view, to get out of a "sticky" situation. unbaised opinions are usually extremely valuable and many times the "right" answer.

most of the guys on here are looking for what you are... answers that are proven thru experience. makes no sense to get on this site to "simply" bash and/or throw S#!T at each other!!! if you're not always learning or at least trying to, you might as well keep the FOOLISH f#*king comments to yourself. it nice to throw alittle humor in to lighten a situation but sometimes it's too much and/or completely off topic therefore unfair to others.

lighten up alittle (bigw) and you'll enjoy the ride much better. it's obvious you're driven and passionate... 2 very important characteristics needed to be successful AND really enjoy what you do. in my opinion, you got a pretty good handle on what you can and/or can't do therefore should do well, if you follow YOUR plan. furthermore, take what's posted with a grain of salt and always remember... what works for YOU may not work for others and vice versa. anyhow, good luck this year and put that "stuff" to good use. have a good one.

bigw
03-15-2008, 12:57 AM
hey bigw, now that you've fully explained yourself, i still stand by my advice and/or suggestions. nothing i said and/or suggested was disrepectful and/or meant to be taken as an insult.

sure there are some fools on this site that have nothing better to do than criticize and/or belittle others but keep in mind those who can, do... those who can't, criticize!

being in sales you cannot take negative comments to seriously otherwise you'd rarely "close" and/or "turn off" most you come in contact with. moreover, constructive criticism is a GOOD thing. you say, you're looking forward to growing your business and "running" a crew? if your guys tell you something you don't want to hear... what then? do you fire them and insist everyone must think exactly like you? sometimes it's good to have a "different" point of view, to get out of a "sticky" situation. unbaised opinions are usually extremely valuable and many times the "right" answer.

most of the guys on here are looking for what you are... answers that are proven thru experience. makes no sense to get on this site to "simply" bash and/or throw S#!T at each other!!! if you're not always learning or at least trying to, you might as well keep the FOOLISH f#*king comments to yourself. it nice to throw alittle humor in to lighten a situation but sometimes it's too much and/or completely off topic therefore unfair to others.

lighten up alittle (bigw) and you'll enjoy the ride much better. it's obvious you're driven and passionate... 2 very important characteristics needed to be successful AND really enjoy what you do. in my opinion, you got a pretty good handle on what you can and/or can't do therefore should do well, if you follow YOUR plan. furthermore, take what's posted with a grain of salt and always remember... what works for YOU may not work for others and vice versa. anyhow, good luck this year and put that "stuff" to good use. have a good one.

That post was not intended towards you at all,i never said or thought you were disrespecting me. Thanks for all the good advice and the encouragement!

bruno_rs
03-15-2008, 01:09 AM
That post was not intended towards you at all,i never said or thought you were disrespecting me. Thanks for all the good advice and the encouragement!

hey bigw, no problem... just as one of the other posters said your "story" is similar to mine. after college i ran a couple bodyshops and worked for a couple insurance co's. got tired of working for others and being "tied" to their hours and bosses intimidated by my degree, determining my salary! honestly, i love what i'm doing (now) and would NEVER go back to working for anyone other than myself. anyhow, it's late... good luck, i'm sure i'll run into to you again (on here) some time soon.

Sunstate Lawn
03-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Way to go bigw. I too am in my first year and I have 2 ztrs, 2 wbehinds, and a variety of handhelds, including some new redmax. I am not in any way irresponsible, and I have 1 payment on one mower. I was a renovations contractor before this, with all the appropriate tools.
Buy the tool you need, and make it make money for you.
BTW next month I'm buying a dump truck.

Keep putting out those "close the deal tips". There always seems to be a nugget to use.

bryant lawn & landscape
03-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Um, yeah.... the kombi 130 is great. The straight shaft edger is the way to go.

bryant lawn & landscape
03-16-2008, 08:12 AM
The tiller attachment comes in handy too.

TheKingNJ
03-16-2008, 04:18 PM

do you really care that much to see a pic of his mulitool?

pbdlandscaping
03-19-2008, 02:56 PM
You'll love the 4-mix multi tool as long as its not your primary weed trimmer. The arm pump you get sucks. It weighs more then a smaller straight shaft. The power and fuel economy is good, it works mint with the chain saw head, hedge trimmer head and the edger. Good Luck.

meadow2
03-19-2008, 03:56 PM
you will be very happy with the new toys i have the same power head with hedge trimmer attachment and love it way better than echo we used to have