PDA

View Full Version : Smile Or We Wont Fix Your Brand New Truck!

supercuts
03-14-2008, 06:56 PM
my local ford dealer....wont fix my brand new truck??? sorry for the length.

quick background. i had 2 friends that worked there. got to know many of the techs. I had put a 6" suspension lift in my wifes silverado. my local ford dealer said they would do the front end allingment because they just got the best $150K allingment machine. i said ok, but there was a catch. since it had a lift, they said it would be harder and would charge my there hourly rate for however long it took. nearly $400 later and numerous trys to get it to drive straight i got mad and took it to a local garage. $80 and only a half hour later, it drove perfect. guess that $150K machine wasnt all it was cracked up to be. stopped going several years ago when this happened.

this past 30 days. i figured its been several years and i'd give them a 2nd chance. took both 2000's (f350/f550) to my local dealer for the cam sensor recall. they were supposed to do one between 8am and noon, then id drop off the other truck, and pick up the first... this way dont need to keep getting rides down. get down there at noon, cant do the 2nd, have drive home, get a ride back down, pick up first truck, have to bring 2nd truck another day. thats part 1.

part 2, my 08 f350's grille has the chrome flaking off, so i take it in to have it warrenteed. took over an hour to have them look at it even though they told me it would only be a few minutes. they get the ok and called me when the part was in. made an appointment for the next day 8am. show up 8am, guy looks at me like ive got something on my face, starts to give me attitude that they can squeeze me in. i was like, no, i have an appointment. he snaps back, WELL ITS NOT WRITTEN DOWN.. how long can you leave it??.... i was like, i was told it wouldnt take long at all and im waiting. barks at me that it might take quite a while... im like, its only a grille, about 5 clips a few inserts.. im thinking 20 minutes. well they finally get it done, im pissed at how they give me attitude for they mistake, oh yeah, the other guy says he forgot to write it in.

part 3. when i shut my truck off to get the grille done, hear my turbo making crazy noises like its done since it was new. tell them about it. tech hears it. make appointment for today, 8am to have it checked for computer upgrades. said it wont take long at all. at 3pm, havent even looked at it yet. they take it out at 3:30 and say they couldnt hear anything. im like so...tech already heard it. i pick the truck and said as long as you document the tech heard the noise.... they didnt even though they assured me they did. they stapled the reciept to the key tag so i didnt open it then. then, they didnt even check for the upgrades!!! while im there, im told i gave an attitude the day before when i had my grille done and unless i smile for now on, im no longer aloud to bring my brand new truck their to have warrentee work done. i get into it with the service manager who said this to me. im was like, Sal, i stopped coming hear years ago when you screwed me. he was like, i dont know what happened then... but lets start fresh. i said give me $400 and ill start fresh. i said you want me to forget??? i told him the story and said you never even appologized. he finally did.

i know this is long but i cant believe it. i didnt do anything wrong, i mearly pointed out they were making mistakes, not me and they freaked. i said i wouldnt buy another ford after my F550 fuel tank de-laminated and cost $3200 to fix and ford wanted nothing to do with me... and then i buy the 08. should i say its my own fault???

jsaunders
03-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Find another dealer- Spend your money else where- there are alot of fords dealers that would like your service money.

Lawn-Sharks
03-14-2008, 07:34 PM
I have a local ford dealer that we deal with for our lincolns & ford we own. And the first time we went in for warrenty work they tryed to charge for parts i didnt need and then tried to charge for the warrenty work. Well i calmly said i know i introduced myself when we first met Mr. Service righter but let me introduce myself to you again Hello Im the MOTHER F#$% your going to be dealing with from now and your not going to like me but your going to respect me. So heres how its going to be!!! I aint paying for the parts you said i needed because you throu away the old parts after i requested to see them so that i could look at them myself to make sure they were nessary. By law they have to show you the parts if you requet them. If they throw them away well you dont have to pay for them.
(Little inside knowledge I use to be a mechanic before i started my lawn biz)
(Im making this story short) so needless to say after i was throu with them everything was free the rental car = they paid for the gass in the rental and i even got 2free details for the lincolns and even filled up the gas tank for free. they were so concerned with the way that i was treated that they offered me 10% off all of my next visits + free car washes w/any service.. So my advice to you is next time you go back in their start out by letting them know your the boss!!!! and dont take no crap!

4 seasons lawn&land
03-14-2008, 08:01 PM
you sound way too nice! I REALLY wouldnt have been aloud in there again if they gave me shitt like that

brownsallseasonlandscape
03-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Sounds like its time to buy another silverado. My '06 just had to have both taillights replaced under warrenty. No visable damage just fell out, no problem just pull it in sir and we will have it out to you right away, got to love Chevy's.

scottm1
03-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Sounds like the typical dealer to me!!!!!!!!! I could go into the same type of story, but you already have explained the typical dealer.

zedosix
03-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Only thing I see that maybe bothered them was when they said bring it in @ 8am. It doesn't mean that they are going to look at it then, just means bring it in and they will get to it when they have time. I would never expect my dealer to look at my truck at 8 just because he's told me to bring it in then. Or maybe you should just smile more:laugh:

Idealtim
03-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Sounds like its time to buy another silverado. My '06 just had to have both taillights replaced under warrenty. No visable damage just fell out, no problem just pull it in sir and we will have it out to you right away, got to love Chevy's.

The taillights just fell out....................got to love chevy's!! LOL

Marek
03-15-2008, 12:02 AM
All dealers are tighting up big time. Ford has had my 550 for over a month now. Isuzu is looking better all the time and I have 8 Fords sitting here. I told them piss me off and everyone of them will be traded in with in a week. These are the reasons people are buying other brands, instead of fords , gms, and dodges!

Scag48
03-15-2008, 01:30 AM
My buddy works at a Ford dealership, he services my F150, I won't let anyone else touch it. I pay for the service like everyone else, but I always request my buddy. Seems like if you don't have any connection with anyone, you get screwed over tough. I'd tell them to pound sand or go find another dealer, that's ridiculous. I would have gone off on them if they acted that way to me, I'm currently working in a restaurant for a little while longer and I'm always curteous to the a-holes who order us around that place and leave no tip. It's funny to think these guys who are charging $100 an hour and the service writers makes a good chunk of change, don't let them fool you, are treating their customers like crap. Hilarious actually, I would have gone absolutely irate and demanded to see a service manager for some guys attitude like that.

Tim03
03-15-2008, 03:31 AM
This doesnt make sense. Isnt Ford supposed to be hurting? Hurting enough to pay people to leave their good factory jobs?

You have bought multiple mid to high end trucks$$$ and they treat you like crap?

This is the reason the big three are in such trouble, light duty trucks is suppose to be the last product they can actually make money on and they basically push customers to Toyota after they get your money.

GravelyNut
03-15-2008, 07:13 AM
My buddy works at a Ford dealership, he services my F150, I won't let anyone else touch it. I pay for the service like everyone else, but I always request my buddy. Seems like if you don't have any connection with anyone, you get screwed over tough. I'd tell them to pound sand or go find another dealer, that's ridiculous. I would have gone off on them if they acted that way to me, I'm currently working in a restaurant for a little while longer and I'm always curteous to the a-holes who order us around that place and leave no tip. It's funny to think these guys who are charging $100 an hour and the service writers makes a good chunk of change, don't let them fool you, are treating their customers like crap. Hilarious actually, I would have gone absolutely irate and demanded to see a service manager for some guys attitude like that.The heck with the service manager, I'd have been talking to the owner. And in the case of the local Chevy dealership here, the owner doesn't spend all of his time in an office. He's out in all areas of the dealership talking to "his" customers. Likely one of the reasons he seems to be doing ok in the harder times that shut down the GMC/Pontiac/Buick dealership next door. People wouldn't buy from them or if they did, wouldn't go there for service..

supercuts
03-15-2008, 08:04 AM
My buddy works at a Ford dealership, he services my F150, I won't let anyone else touch it. I pay for the service like everyone else, but I always request my buddy. Seems like if you don't have any connection with anyone, you get screwed over tough. I'd tell them to pound sand or go find another dealer, that's ridiculous. I would have gone off on them if they acted that way to me, I'm currently working in a restaurant for a little while longer and I'm always curteous to the a-holes who order us around that place and leave no tip. It's funny to think these guys who are charging $100 an hour and the service writers makes a good chunk of change, don't let them fool you, are treating their customers like crap. Hilarious actually, I would have gone absolutely irate and demanded to see a service manager for some guys attitude like that.

funny thing, it was the service manager. there is much more to this story but it was already long and i didnt want to get into it. i used to work for the police dept. i was in charge of bringing all the cars in for service. i got to know the service and parts dept guys very well, most all by first name. they continously srewed the town for repairs. they would say "the way you guys drive these cars... these brakes will be shot in a week, do you want us to replace them now?" id look at the brakes and they werent new, but far from replacement. id say no, not yet, and of course they would replace rotors and flush the fluid, typically a $700-800 job.

the service manager tried to argue with me about the allignment on my wife's truck and say that my buddy Brandon who worked there got paid do it and they didnt charge me. i definately raised my voice and made a stink and reminded him of what had happened. i brought the truck in. they worked on it. it then pulled left instead of right. took it in again, pulled right instead of left adn so on and so on. after 5 times and getting charged, my buddy stayed late, working off the clock to fix it once we were near the $400 mark. he still couldnt fix it which is wnen i took it to a local shop, $80 and it drove fine. my buddy told me their brand new machine was hard to use and nobody really new how to use it, they let guys take turns trying to figure out my wifes truck. so basically i was the sucker that paid to train thier guys.

supercuts
03-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Only thing I see that maybe bothered them was when they said bring it in @ 8am. It doesn't mean that they are going to look at it then, just means bring it in and they will get to it when they have time. I would never expect my dealer to look at my truck at 8 just because he's told me to bring it in then. Or maybe you should just smile more:laugh:

i would agree with you but i specifically asked them if they were going to start it at that time so i could wait and not need a ride home for the umpteenth time this week. they said they would and that it wouldnt take long at all adn id be in and out, so again, i was upset with what they told me. they told me it could have taken all day, i would have made arrangements for a ride.

supercuts
03-15-2008, 08:09 AM
The heck with the service manager, I'd have been talking to the owner. ..

the owner owns a few dealers, hes never their, i sent the general manager an email, she wasnt their either, and i sent ford customer service an email asking for a followup phone call

grass_cuttin_fool
03-15-2008, 08:42 AM
ahhhhhhhhh the reason I like a seasoned truck....maybe the kinks have been worked out of them and I have an Indy that does my work that I cant do myself.

But regardless ...... you bought a new truck with warranty and cant get it or cant get it unless its on the dealers terms....just like the ''which mower I should buy'' threads.....all are good but the dealer and his service is really important. It really stinks...the people at the dealer are going to get a paycheck no mater how much or little they work on where as you and me....if we cant get or customers serviced we wont get paid

wayne

muddstopper
03-15-2008, 11:41 AM
I had bought 7 new vehicles from my chevy dealer, they screwed me around on the last one so, Now I have a new Ford. I am afraid my chevy dealer is getting the last laugh tho, the new ford is only getting 6 miles to the gallon.:cry::cry::cry:

J&R Landscaping
03-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Must be some dealers then. When I bought my 06 f250, I bought it from a different non ford dealer. I went to the ford dealer a few weeks later looking to find out how large the fuel tankw as and what the curb weight was.
The 2 guys behind the front desk (1 being the sales manager, the other a salesman) passed me to another salesmen and told him and me this: "We don't want to help this guy because he is not buying a car from us". The salesman who they gave me and who helped me was a nice guy. I stopped at the front desk again before I left demanding to speak to the general manager or the owner. It happened that the owner was in the building on that day. I sat down with him and told him what happened. He appolgized for the problem. The sales manager got talked to and the salesmen was fired. I accepted his appology but I wont ever go back to any of his 5 or 6 dealerships again.

qualitylandscaping
03-15-2008, 07:42 PM
We work with a local garage for pretty much every repair job. Also fuel up all the trucks there every morning. These guys are getting over $150k a year from me.

Never once tried to screw me over, they give us a break on the fuel price, just an overall pleasure to work with..

I only take a truck to a dealer when its a serious warranty issue. Granted, I've bought trucks from at least 5 Ford dealers and have finally found a great one. But they still charge more than the local guys, and I don't think they do as good a job with things.

DLCS
03-15-2008, 10:30 PM
I only take a truck to a dealer when its a serious warranty issue.
:rolleyes:

So, you would rather pay for a repair rather than have it covered under warranty? I take my trucks to the dealer if they are under warranty period. All repairs that can be charged to warranty get done at the dealership under warranty.

qualitylandscaping
03-15-2008, 10:35 PM
:rolleyes:

So, you would rather pay for a repair rather than have it covered under warranty? I take my trucks to the dealer if they are under warranty period. All repairs that can be charged to warranty get done at the dealership under warranty.

If I take a truck to the dealer for a small warranty issue, I might have to wait for a while to get it fixed.

I can call my local shop, and they will pull another customers vehicle out of the shop to work on ours. Now do I have to pay for the repair, yes; but the value of not having a truck down and not having to waste my time waiting is worth the cost to have my guys fix it.

Now if its major (over $500-600 and warranty related) we'll take it to the dealer and leave it for the day.

qualitylandscaping
03-15-2008, 10:38 PM
iIf I take a truck to the dealer for a small warranty issue, I might have to wait for a while to get it fixed.

I can call my local shop, and they will pull another customers vehicle out of the shop to work on ours. Now do I have to pay for the repair, yes; but the value of not having a truck down and not having to waste my time waiting is worth the cost to have my guys fix it.

Now if its major (over $500-600 and warranty related) we'll take it to the dealer and leave it for the day.

Things might change even more this year though. I hired an ex- Ford Mechanic who also has a lawn maintenance background as a foreman on one of the mowing crews. He is going to be a great asset for repair work, so we might start doing more in house repairs.

supercuts
03-16-2008, 08:17 AM
i

Things might change even more this year though. I hired an ex- Ford Mechanic who also has a lawn maintenance background as a foreman on one of the mowing crews. He is going to be a great asset for repair work, so we might start doing more in house repairs.

do you share??

supercuts
03-16-2008, 08:31 AM
rumors ive heard about the 08's

check your oil level, apparently somehow these engines are designed so the fuel mixes with the oil. if your oil level rises you hve too much fuel in it and your milelage may suffer. these are stories i hear and really dont know the truth behind them.

also heard a few stories of either connecting rods a fraction of a mm too long or crank shafts slightly out of round causing a ping type noise.

also, job one trucks had a small front valance adn 3.73 gears, job 2 trucks (built after sept. i think) recieved a taller valance under the bumper and 3.55 gears and are supposed to get 1-2mpg better.

my truck is a job 2 with the tall valance but still has 3.73 gears, go figure. good luck with yours

Marek
03-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Have these been taken care ofand what job number are they on now?

DBL
03-16-2008, 12:59 PM
good dealer service is one of the main things i look for when buying anything from mowers to trucks

MSS Mow
03-16-2008, 03:40 PM
I see you're from the CT shoreline. You sure you're not dealing with the Ford dealers here in Maine?? Most of those guys are terrible and they'll never see my cheeks walk thru their door again!

ssd79
03-16-2008, 08:17 PM
what ct dealer do you deal with?

LawnBoy89
03-16-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm taking a guess you're talking about Hammonasset Ford

Greybeard
03-16-2008, 08:53 PM
My Ford is out of warranty now, but when I was taking it to the local Ford shop, I'd stop and buy a box of Dunkin Donut holes before I got there, and set it on the counter where all the techs went for parts. Don't know if I saved any money, but I never had any arguments, and I never had to wait longer than I should have. Bribery has its place. LOL

supercuts
03-16-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm taking a guess you're talking about Hammonasset Ford

youuuu betcha. great guys, honest... good ethics. lawnboy, who do you use, any oppinion on ford of branford? after my f550 left me stranded blocking a road i had it towed to a local garage who couldnt figure it out adn sent it to ford of branford. it ended up being the fuel tank that delaminated and did $3200 in damage. the treated me ok but when i got the truck back my front bumper was pushed in and the plastic cover on the engine was missing. mind you it was towed twice and was at 2 different shops and of course they all pointed the finger at eachother.... is it just me or do i have really bad luck???

LawnBoy89
03-17-2008, 08:57 PM
I don't really have too much experience with Ford of Brandford I almost bought a truck from them right before I bought the newest one I have now but my dad talked me out of it and I kick myself in the a$$ for not buying it. They aren't bad to deal with but I never had them do any work on any of my trucks I've had three Ford's since I've got my license which was only a couple years ago and I haven't had one thing go wrong so far (knock on wood). I bought my newest truck from Litchfield Ford only because I got a really good deal and nothing has happened yet but I don't hear anything bad about Ford of Brandford. My friend buys a new Ford truck almost every year he usta deal with Mantilia in West Haven but he just bought 2 new trucks from Hammanasset this past year and I haven't heard him complain but then again I don't think hes had to bring them in.

I"m surprised they treat you the way they do you'd think they'd value a customer like you buying new trucks and having 3 Fords.

Boycea
03-17-2008, 11:07 PM
my truck is a job 2 with the tall valance but still has 3.73 gears, go figure. good luck with yours

If you ordered your truck with the fx4 or tow package it comes with the 3.73 gears. is your truck a gasser or diesel and what are you getting for mpg's? I ordered an 08 job 3 diesel but with the way diesel prices are now I'm second guessing it.

Boycea
03-17-2008, 11:13 PM
what job number are they on now?

they are on job 3 builds now, and you have a few more weeks to order an 08 model. They start taking orders for 09's in May. They have talked about introducing a new 6 speed automatic transmission to help with highway mpg's.

TXNSLighting
03-18-2008, 10:40 AM
yeh i just heard about the 6 spd for 09. that will help alot!