PDA

View Full Version : trailer locks

ken gustafson
03-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Just trying to get some feedback on what everyone is using to lock the trailer hitch of the trailer when not in use or being towed.....
My site .... www.trailerlocksonline.com and if you have the time any feedback on my site.... Ken

ken gustafson
03-15-2008, 06:09 PM
If I am getting the correct message...no one has any problems with theft of trailers. No need to lock your trailer hitch....if this is not the correct message what is the method of securing your trailer when not in use....Ken

bibbo
03-15-2008, 09:52 PM
i just put a padlock where the pin goes been do'in it for years

kklick
03-15-2008, 10:55 PM
I don't see anything on your site for the standard rolled lip couplers. Why not? No demand for those? I'd think that would probably be the most popular type of coupler around here. Espically on the landscape trailers. Maybe thats why you're not getting much response.

For the folks who have the standard coupler I've used the gorilla locks before with no problems. Seems like a good lock. http://www.etrailer.com/pc-CL~63227.htm

This master lock looks decent too. Never tried it though. http://www.etrailer.com/pc-CL~379DAT.htm

desii
03-15-2008, 11:07 PM
I have the Master types on my enclosed trailers and no problems. They seem pretty sturdy. This is the first year I've locked the hitches:dizzy:.

I agree with not having your setup for the most common trailer hitch out there. I also think that that type of lock on your set up is the best and would like to get some from my pintle trailers.

OK, I just looked closer at your website and the third lock is for what most people are likely to have. But at $130, they're probably not going to be too interested, especially when the Master setup is about $30! JMO.

kklick
03-15-2008, 11:31 PM
I have the Master types on my enclosed trailers and no problems. They seem pretty sturdy. This is the first year I've locked the hitches:dizzy:.

I agree with not having your setup for the most common trailer hitch out there. I also think that that type of lock on your set up is the best and would like to get some from my pintle trailers.

OK, I just looked closer at your website and the third lock is for what most people are likely to have. But at $130, they're probably not going to be too interested, especially when the Master setup is about $30! JMO.

The third lock is just for the bulldog style of hitch. This is probably a little more common than the rest but I don't think it will work on the normal rolled lip couplers. The price seems high but i've never used a bulldog coupler so i'm not 100 percent sure how they work. supposedly they have a collar release wire according to kens site and his lock protects that as well. I suppose if had a bulldog coupler i'd want the best lock I could get so I might spring for it. The one thing that seems like an issue is its 3 pieces. I can see being in a hurry and taking it off and then thowing all 3 pieces in the tool box with out putting it back together. could be a problem.

Ken do us a favor and get rid of that annoying sound on your site or just have it load once instead of repeatedly. Hard to concentrate when there's a frog in the background.

ken gustafson
03-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Thank you for the feedback....getting the messages. Ken

ken gustafson
03-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Yes....DaBull is for only Bulldog style couplers. As soon as I receive some information from the U.S. Patent Office on my next 2 locks....I have too with hold advertising or for that matter any information regarding the designs ..etc and it is just plain bothering me ...big time. It's like $100,000 in cost for the next 2 trailer locks and you just have to wait until your behind is covered. I am waiting....it is not easy. Ken