PDA

View Full Version : Backrack

traviswalker007
03-15-2008, 11:05 PM
iM INSTALLING A BACKRACK ON MY NEW TRUCK AND HAVE A COUPLE QUSTIONS. i HAVE A BED RAIL PROTECTOR ON MY SUPERDUTY THAT GOES DOWN THE TOP OF THE BED RAIL BUT IS NO ON THE BACK OF THE BED UNDER WINDOW, WHEN I PUT THE RACK ON IT SITS UP OFF THE BED RAIL AND ON THE BED PROTECTOR, AM I SUSPOSED TO TRIM THIS BACK, ITS ABOUT AN 1/8TH INCH HEIGHT DIFFRENCE, ID I DO TRIM IT, THEN THE BACKRACK RAIL WILL BE ON THE BED RAIL PROTECTOR AND THE BACKRACK BASE ON THE STEEL PART OF THE BED??

NEXT QUESTION IS I HAVE A DIESEL TRANSFER TANK THAT IS L SHAPED AND 11" WIDE, WELL THE RAILS THAT I GOT ARE 21" SO WHEN I PUT THE TANK IN, AND THEN MY TOOL BOX, IT HANGS OVER THE SIDE OF THE RAIL, SHOUL I JUST CUT IT OFF AND RUN THE TOOL BOX FLUSH WITH THE BED, OR BUY THE 31" BACKRACK BEAMS....

straightlineland
03-16-2008, 09:48 PM
all of my pick-up trucks gets backracks put on them. I have a for f-250 that has the side rails. we mounted the backrack on top of the bedrails leaving that 1/8" gap and have never had any problems.

To answer your question about the fuel tank, i would probably get the longer rails.

LawnProLandCare
03-19-2008, 08:45 PM
iM INSTALLING A BACKRACK ON MY NEW TRUCK AND HAVE A COUPLE QUSTIONS. i HAVE A BED RAIL PROTECTOR ON MY SUPERDUTY THAT GOES DOWN THE TOP OF THE BED RAIL BUT IS NO ON THE BACK OF THE BED UNDER WINDOW, WHEN I PUT THE RACK ON IT SITS UP OFF THE BED RAIL AND ON THE BED PROTECTOR, AM I SUSPOSED TO TRIM THIS BACK, ITS ABOUT AN 1/8TH INCH HEIGHT DIFFRENCE, ID I DO TRIM IT, THEN THE BACKRACK RAIL WILL BE ON THE BED RAIL PROTECTOR AND THE BACKRACK BASE ON THE STEEL PART OF THE BED??

NEXT QUESTION IS I HAVE A DIESEL TRANSFER TANK THAT IS L SHAPED AND 11" WIDE, WELL THE RAILS THAT I GOT ARE 21" SO WHEN I PUT THE TANK IN, AND THEN MY TOOL BOX, IT HANGS OVER THE SIDE OF THE RAIL, SHOUL I JUST CUT IT OFF AND RUN THE TOOL BOX FLUSH WITH THE BED, OR BUY THE 31" BACKRACK BEAMS....

i would either just cut a couple pieces of aluminum and prop it up with those or just run it flush with the bed cap. back rack rapes you on accessories.

traviswalker007
03-27-2008, 12:29 PM
heres the new install, used some boxed tubing and fabed some mounts..

traviswalker007
03-27-2008, 12:36 PM
heres some more pics