PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Commercial Accounts?

Benz2328
03-16-2008, 12:28 AM
:confused: Hello, I'm 18 years old and I have been doing landscaping for five years now... I started my own little company about 2 years ago. This is the first winter I have done snowplowing. In the summer I maintain about 18 houses weekly. Whats the best way I could get more!? and who I talk to in order to get commercial accounts? Spring is just around the corner and I need to pick up some more accounts I am located in Parma, Ohio.

Weekes
03-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Decide now whether you want commercial, it seems too cut throat to me. I do have some commercial. But they can be a pain and they will ditch for the next cheapest guy at the drop of a hat.

Give it a try get a couple, but if you like residential build that first.

As to how to get them, the only way I have ever got them is by calling property management companies, sending out letters to the business, or networking (getting to know people).

FinerCutslawnCare
03-16-2008, 12:50 AM
All I do to get a commercial account is walk into the place and ask who is in charge of grounds maintenance and then when you can ahold of that person ask if you can bid the property. Most of the time they will take a look at it and see if you are going to do it cheeper, but hey the worst thing they could say is no! Good look to you and this season!

CrimsonLawnCare
03-16-2008, 01:00 AM
ya, my company just picked up our first commerical account this year, we just walked in and talked to the manager, asked him we if could put our bid in a week later we got a call and he signed the contract :)

Benz2328
03-16-2008, 10:22 AM
You guys make it sound so easy, I'll give it a try! Let me know if you guys think of anything else to make me successsful. Im open for ideas! thanks

Benz2328
03-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Nice website... how did you make it... and how much does it cost to maintain?