PDA

View Full Version : superduty mirror help

CrystalCreek
03-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Good evening everyone.

Just bought a new used truck. 2003 F350 crewcab xlt. Nice truck with 5.4 gas engine and auto. Here is the problem. It has those little paddle mirrors. I ordered new towing mirrors from Ford. These are the power,heated kind. I have no problem getting the mirrors off the truck. I can't get the wire harness out of the door in order to get to the plug. Is there a secret to this. Do I have to remove the door panel and if so, how? Any help would be greatly apprecitated.
:usflag:

BlackCloudDiesel
03-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Yeah, it's not hard to do. There are two or 3 bolts that hold the door panel to the door frame. I know that one is behind that "red" lense and one I think is under that black cover for the power door locks and window switches. That just pops off. Watchout when you take off that red lense. Ford wants 19.00 for a replacement, if you break the plastic tabs it won't stay in the door when you close it. Tip: The tab is on the side closest to the back of the door- so when you open the door it faces closest to the curb.

Hope this helps, it's been awhile since I've had tp remember that.

CrystalCreek
03-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Thanks For the help. I love this truck, but I can't see the trailer with these little mirrors. I will try to see the bolts. Please keep the responses coming if anyone has any further information. Thanks again.

TXNSLighting
03-17-2008, 09:41 AM
um o3's should be right at the top. if you pop off your power window cluster area the plug should be right there on the door frame...you wont have to remove the door panel. is it an early or late 03? if not there its behind the speaker. then you have just a couple of screws and the panel lifts right off.