PDA

View Full Version : ZTR Decision To Make

srqlawn
03-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Starting a lawn care business and need to make a choice in a ZTR. Looking primarily at 3 different mowers....Grasshopper, EXmark and Husqvarna. Any input (positive/negative) from experience with these would be greatly appreciated. BTW: I am purchasing this equipment new. Thanks.

All_Toro_4ME
03-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Exmark. Great mulchers.

srqlawn
03-17-2008, 09:45 AM
I have had two separate dealers (who had both eXmark and Grasshopper) tell me the Grasshopper over the X-mark. But I tend to believe that means they make a little more money based on their recommendation.

All_Toro_4ME
03-17-2008, 09:59 AM
I have had two separate dealers (who had both eXmark and Grasshopper) tell me the Grasshopper over the X-mark. But I tend to believe that means they make a little more money based on their recommendation.

Sales pitch I would imagine. Nothing wrong with the grasshopper, but Exmark is very popular on this site and the Triton deck is hard to beat.

srqlawn
03-17-2008, 10:21 AM
I have heard they had some problems with that deck in the past.... any insight on that?

All_Toro_4ME
03-17-2008, 11:11 AM
I've only used one and it was a loaner from my dealer when my Z was getting fixed. It was the 60" triton deck. I didn't notice any problems. Im sure others on this site can provide a more informative answer.