PDA

View Full Version : You know you want to look {started filling the trailer today}

bigw
03-17-2008, 05:36 PM
It is all but filled now but my battery died in the camera but heres what i got before it died.

bigw
03-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Starting to load :weightlifter:

itsallaboutthestripes
03-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Adaboy!!!!!!

Military Lawns
03-17-2008, 05:44 PM
BIGW, you are a man of action! I can appreciate that...! Trailer looks really good!

DJ-

bigw
03-17-2008, 05:48 PM
BIGW, you are a man of action! I can appreciate that...! Trailer looks really good!

DJ-

Thanks buddy its all but filled but the dam battery died :cry:

P.Services
03-17-2008, 05:54 PM
i think you will find it easier just to pull the z out then to go out the side door. i speak from experience.

Lawn-Sharks
03-17-2008, 06:03 PM
That is a sweeeeeeeeeeet set up!

bigw
03-17-2008, 06:05 PM
i think you will find it easier just to pull the z out then to go out the side door. i speak from experience.

yeah i was thinking it might be tough to pull out the side door sometimes because the door is on the paasenger side and i can imagine that being tough to do near ditches etc..

Carolina Cuts
03-17-2008, 06:14 PM
wooow, everything is all new and shiny..... I remember that time.

Looks good.

Watson's Landscaping
03-17-2008, 06:21 PM
Bigw,
My trailers on the way and I was looking at your trimmer rack. Are the 2x6"s screwed to the metal stud in the wall then is your trimmer rack just wood screwed to the 2x6"s Any help would be great

bigw
03-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Bigw,
My trailers on the way and I was looking at your trimmer rack. Are the 2x6"s screwed to the metal stud in the wall then is your trimmer rack just wood screwed to the 2x6"s Any help would be great

yes exactly, you will see where their are either staples or little holes from screws or nails this is where your studs are. Find the studs and then drill starter holes and use lag bolts to hang the 2 by"s and then mount your racks to them! Do you see the rack holding up the hose in my trailer,you can get them at walmart and they will hold like 500lbs..just use self tapping screws and screw them to the studs and you can bye all different types of attachments.

bill8379
03-17-2008, 06:35 PM
I like the gas funnel/caps whatever they're called.

Is it not a good Idea to seal the wood with white primer? I'm only mentioning this because I have to build a shed this spring and that's what I'm planing to do but only because I read it in a book. Something about sealing the wood and making a more reflective surface for lights.

Are you taking any special security measures? ie alarm or gps tracking unit. It's scary, I've read several times on this forum of people having their entire empire towed away by a theif. One guy even told his dog to SHUT UP and stop barking so he could sleep. Meanwhile they were stealing a fully loaded trailer lol.

bigw
03-17-2008, 06:38 PM
I like the gas funnel/caps whatever they're called.

Is it not a good Idea to seal the wood with white primer? I'm only mentioning this because I have to build a shed this spring and that's what I'm planing to do but only because I read it in a book. Something about sealing the wood and making a more reflective surface for lights.

Well first of all its not white its grey and 2nd of all you better call "Car Mate" and tell them they are building their trailers wrong then because it comes from factory already painted!

bill8379
03-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Well first of all its not white its grey and 2nd of all you better call "Car Mate" and tell them they are building their trailers wrong then because it comes from factory already painted!

I'll let you phone them up, you have a very big mouth and could do it in your spare time.

Watson's Landscaping
03-17-2008, 06:42 PM
thanks bigw should start working on the trailer this weekend:clapping: i'll try and get some pics up of the project

bigw
03-17-2008, 06:44 PM
I'll let you phone them up, you have a very big mouth and could do it in your spare time.

I have a big mouth because you were wrong and thought you were going to start on me for painting my floor? All i said was it was not white and painted by the factory.Get over it girly boy!!

bigw
03-17-2008, 06:46 PM
thanks bigw should start working on the trailer this weekend:clapping: i'll try and get some pics up of the project

no problem buddy and if you have any other questions you can call me or ask on here and ill help all i can,some others have alittle more experience then me though so im sure they will help also!

bill8379
03-17-2008, 06:46 PM
I have a big mouth because you were wrong and thought you were going to start on me for painting my floor? All i said was it was not white and painted by the factory.Get over it girly boy!!

I was asking the forum if it is right to paint the inside of a trailer and shed with white primer. this INCLUDES THE WALLS!!! learn to read and then work on comprehension.

Get over it girly boy!!
Or what? you going to post a picture of your other arm holding up a fish? :rolleyes:

I still shiver from the first:laugh:

bigw
03-17-2008, 06:56 PM
I was asking the forum if it is right to paint the inside of a trailer and shed with white primer. this INCLUDES THE WALLS!!! learn to read and then work on comprehension.

Or what? you going to post a picture of your other arm holding up a fish? :rolleyes:

I still shiver from the first:laugh:

Well when i am wrong i will admit it and after re-reading your post i see that i was wrong and i do apologize to you. I miss read " Is it not a good Idea to seal the wood with white primer? " and i read it as {its not a good idea} anyway all i can do is say im sorry and hope youll be ok with that!! I swear i never meant to show my arm in that picture though :laugh:

paul vroom
03-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Nice rig. I am jealous......

customcurbdesigns
03-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Curious, why waste time with the side ramps? Why not just use the rear ramp? Even if you have to move a mower , seems its faster..

bigw
03-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Curious, why waste time with the side ramps? Why not just use the rear ramp? Even if you have to move a mower , seems its faster..

not really sure yet what i am going to do but i figured since the 36 fits out the side it would save me from having to pull out the 60 in order to get to it when im just doing a small lawn. I guess i will figure out real fast which is easier or faster right? Actually the ramps are right by the door and take secounds to lay out.

luckydooley
03-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Looks nice!
My stihl chainsaw case says somthing on the top to the effect of "Do not hang by handle." Just FYI

customcurbdesigns
03-17-2008, 08:26 PM
not really sure yet what i am going to do but i figured since the 36 fits out the side it would save me from having to pull out the 60 in order to get to it when im just doing a small lawn. I guess i will figure out real fast which is easier or faster right? Actually the ramps are right by the door and take secounds to lay out.

Thats cool.

to answer your orig question. I would put the ztr in front of the trailer and the walk behind right behind it. its close enough to the axles that you wont have any problems.

bigw
03-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Looks nice!
My stihl chainsaw case says somthing on the top to the effect of "Do not hang by handle." Just FYI

thanks have to look at that better.

F Y P M
03-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Hey bigw I found when I'm running my route that I will load the 36 last when I know I need it on the next job and not the z.

P.Services
03-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey bigw I found when I'm running my route that I will load the 36 last when I know I need it on the next job and not the z.

bingo, load it diffrent every time according to what the next job needs.

Wells
03-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Trailer setup looks really good Bigw, only suggestion I have would be with your gas containers. You'll find that your constantly at the gas station if your only carrying (2) 2-gal containers.

We carry (4) 5-gal containers and (3) 2-gal containers and we still end up buying fuel 2-3 times a week.

You'll also need a dedicated container for your mixed gas so that cuts down even more on your container space for regular fuel.

kleankutslawn
03-17-2008, 10:14 PM
ice rig.let's see how long you keep it that pretty lol.good luck

PlatinumLandCon
03-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Line-x that damn thing man!! Looks killer though

Exact Rototilling
03-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Big W,

Did your trailer ship with the E track system or did you buy them locally, internet etc.?

Any pointers on good sources much appreciated.

:waving:

bigw
03-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Trailer setup looks really good Bigw, only suggestion I have would be with your gas containers. You'll find that your constantly at the gas station if your only carrying (2) 2-gal containers.

We carry (4) 5-gal containers and (3) 2-gal containers and we still end up buying fuel 2-3 times a week.

You'll also need a dedicated container for your mixed gas so that cuts down even more on your container space for regular fuel.

one of them is a 5 gallon and one is 2 1/2 galon but i also have another 5 gal and another 2 gallon that i will be either mounting in the trailer or putting in the back of my truck.

bigw
03-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Big W,

Did your trailer ship with the E track system or did you buy them locally, internet etc.?

Any pointers on good sources much appreciated.

:waving:

I had the E-track put in when i orderd the trailer and they are really good to have, you can use it to mount anywhere on the trailer.