PDA

View Full Version : Trailer and Insurance

puffyhead929
03-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Does anyone know where i can find a 5x8 trailer. I have been searching craigslist for the past month and cannot find one. And does anyone know where I can get insurance and how much it costs

kleankutslawn
03-17-2008, 09:45 PM
ask your auto insurance company do they offer business liability insurance.Just like all insurance,prices vary. good luck

luckydooley
03-17-2008, 09:54 PM
You could probably find a trailer at a trailer dealer, and you might check with an insurance agent about insurance. But hell what do I know I am a newbie too!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-18-2008, 12:16 AM
5x8's are easy to find...depends on if you want used or new, dealer sold or retailer sold.

Not sure what type of insurance you are speaking of...insurance for your trailer??
If so, the liability for pulling your business use trailer will follow your towing vehicle insurance. Phys Dam for the trailer would need to be purchased, probably thru the same business auto policy you have your towing vehicle insured under.

If you are speaking of Genl Liability - check out local independent agents for quotes. They represent a variety of companies and should be able to work up an affordable quote for your operations.

RickR1818
03-18-2008, 12:58 AM
puffyhead, dont get a 5X8. I just started last year and bought a 5X8. I figured that I didn't need any bigger for what I was doing. I already regret it! Every time I look at mowers I think I dont have room on my trailer. I will probably try to sell mine this year. I would at least go with a 6X10 or 6X12.

lawnkingforever
03-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Insurance rates vary. For 1million in liability I pay 350$ a year and 72$ for my equipment. If you are going part-time, the 5x8 trailer at Tractor Supply or Lowes should work for a good starter trailer.