PDA

View Full Version : Had this installed today and seems to work nice.

bigw
03-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Operator Controlled Discharge

Innovative foot control delivers greater productivity than traditional hand operated designs. The blocker door opens and closes allowing user to quickly and effectively control discharge when mowing around mulch beds, parked cars, homes and other objects.

Alot of my customers are telling me the last guy shot clippings into their flower beds so to help prevent this i had this installed today,im sure you pros dont need this but hey i think its pretty cool and super easy to use. Foot controlled and dont have to remove the chute either.

RickR1818
03-18-2008, 12:53 AM
I know a way to not shoot clippings in their beds. point the discharge away from it!

S L C
03-18-2008, 01:16 AM
I know a way to not shoot clippings in their beds. point the discharge away from it!

LMAO.... exactly, how hard can it be??!! :dizzy::dizzy::drinkup:

bigw
03-18-2008, 01:22 AM

im sure their is times when you simply cant do that or all these companies wouldnt be making these right? I mean im sure the lawn could benifit being cut in one direction and just so happens a flower bed could be in the line of fire from the chute right? Not all flower beds are in the perfect place are they? I forgot 2 yrs in the business and 1 yr has made you guys the experts and you would never need something like this in any situation.

RickR1818
03-18-2008, 01:54 AM
Big W, i wasnt knocking you at all. I just think you would be surprised at how many people dont think about this. I picked up an old lady that lives behind my GF parents house last year. The reason she dropped her last guy, he mows with his discharge shoot pointing towards the beds. Her quote to me "Even I know not to do that". The thing was that she told him time after time and he didn't change. This bed is aligned with the back of her house in a straight line, there is no reason not to put the discharge chute away. I just was making a point that for the most part, it is a lack of regard on the operators part.

S L C
03-18-2008, 01:58 AM
im sure their is times when you simply cant do that or all these companies wouldnt be making these right? I mean im sure the lawn could benifit being cut in one direction and just so happens a flower bed could be in the line of fire from the chute right? Not all flower beds are in the perfect place are they? I forgot 2 yrs in the business and 1 yr has made you guys the experts and you would never need something like this in any situation.

FYI..I'm..there..can't..wouldn't..,..benefit.. that's just the grammar/spelling lesson for ya big Wubbaya.. LOL :nono: BTW, I have mowed, landscaped for others for about 8 years, just putting my self-employed (inflicted) info.. on here...

bigw
03-18-2008, 02:29 AM
Big W, i wasnt knocking you at all. I just think you would be surprised at how many people dont think about this. I picked up an old lady that lives behind my GF parents house last year. The reason she dropped her last guy, he mows with his discharge shoot pointing towards the beds. Her quote to me "Even I know not to do that". The thing was that she told him time after time and he didn't change. This bed is aligned with the back of her house in a straight line, there is no reason not to put the discharge chute away. I just was making a point that for the most part, it is a lack of regard on the operators part.

i understand but i think they make these for some reason right. I mean they were a big hit to alot of lco's at a trade show i just came from

bigw
03-18-2008, 02:31 AM
FYI..I'm..there..can't..wouldn't..,..benefit.. that's just the grammar/spelling lesson for ya big Wubbaya.. LOL :nono: BTW, I have mowed, landscaped for others for about 8 years, just putting my self-employed (inflicted) info.. on here...

so your"e a duche bag that can spell or should i say use spell check...point is you're still a duche bag.:laugh:

topsites
03-18-2008, 02:59 AM
I'm glad you think like this, I actually thought about buying several cheap car covers (FULL size one size fits all) to cover up vehicles to keep the dust off... Some service providers don't think, but it's more than just not shooting grass all over the place, these mowers stir up fine dust the breeze carries it. Unfortunately I didn't do it because I was afraid if the covers got dust in them (and likely they would) that this might leave fine hair-like scratches on the finish of some vehicles (and some of my customers, they got niiice cars lol).

Because it is about giving a rat, that's half the reason I demand the prices I do.

And I always take a minute or two and spray the cars off with the blower (careful you don't touch the finish with the nozzle) afterwards... It's not perfect but it helps, don't forget the front wheels blow out the brake dust that accumulates in there.

LMAO.... exactly, how hard can it be??!! :dizzy::dizzy::drinkup:

Yeah it is a trick thou when you got two beds side by side with a strip of grass down center, I like this OCD chute. Mine pizzed me off, spring loaded it won't stay up, took the spring off and now sometimes it won't stay down or up, so I took the whole thing off.

I might look into this foot operated thing, thou I suspect the cost is what has kept me from doing it...

A neat trick is to turn your engine rpm's way down and go slow, that helps as well.

Sunstate Lawn
03-18-2008, 07:07 AM
I agree with topsites. It's this kind of proactive thinking that the industry needs.

Military Lawns
03-18-2008, 07:16 AM
BIGW,
That is a very good idea. I have one on all but one mower and I use them especially around customers cars. It just make good sense to limit cars and beds to grass clippings. I use to go NUTZ when my LCO guy did that and used the weed trimmer to edge my drive and always cut my Giant Evergreen Lirope's in half. Part of the reason I became an LCO because I believe it is part quality/service/customer service divided equally.

DJ

Stillwater
03-18-2008, 07:26 AM

you would have to make several passes in the same direction the exmarks shoot grass 20 feet easy

Stillwater
03-18-2008, 07:31 AM
Bigw ingnore the negitive comments their nothing wrong with the shut off door its a smart tool

bigw
03-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks guys i simply am looking to please my customers so they are not calling someone else next year and saying you should see how messy this guy was..thats what im here now about their old lco's and i dont want to be that guy!

JohnsonLawn
03-18-2008, 11:09 AM

Ok, then what do I do when mowing between two beds, you know one on the left and one on the right. I just usually bag it

itsallaboutthestripes
03-18-2008, 11:43 AM
so your"e a duche bag that can spell or should i say use spell check...point is you're still a duche bag.:laugh:

And he wonders why people think he is an *******. He will go cry to the moderators and say someone is picking on me.

F Y P M
03-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Big W I think it's a good gadget. I bag almost all my accts but the few I don't it could come in handy if I were working alone. I usually send a guy with a 21 or 36 and to get the areas vulnerable to clippings(side to side beds, house and pool etc.) How much are they?

bohiaa
03-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Those blockers Are GREAT. Not only does it help with clean up, it's a GREAT safety device. I have installed them on my Machines, any time grasses are being discharged towards bulds, cars, and people we close the door...

I dont see how we were operating wiht out them

Valk
03-18-2008, 01:18 PM
What companies make the manual type OCDCs for WBs...?

N.H.BOY
03-18-2008, 01:41 PM
I have this on my TANK and I use it on a few places I have like two beds close together and also on the lawns I change stripes with. If your striping your lawns and do different direction every week sooner or later you might have to get close to the beds/walks/pool areas....I like the blocker, but I have the manual one.

mowing grass 1111
03-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Operator Controlled Discharge

Innovative foot control delivers greater productivity than traditional hand operated designs. The blocker door opens and closes allowing user to quickly and effectively control discharge when mowing around mulch beds, parked cars, homes and other objects.

Alot of my customers are telling me the last guy shot clippings into their flower beds so to help prevent this i had this installed today,im sure you pros dont need this but hey i think its pretty cool and super easy to use. Foot controlled and dont have to remove the chute either.

is that the ocdc thats made by exmark? does it open at different angles or open and closed positions only

Grits
03-18-2008, 11:13 PM
BigW,
I think the OCDC is a good idea and I have wanted one for a long time.
BUT, you are wwwwwaaaaayyyyyy too sensitive. You gotta let things roll off of you, or you will have a miserable time in this business.
The next time someone makes a comment that makes you a little hot under the collar....just don't respond. That is really the best way to handle it, IMO. Good luck with everything.

Jason Rose
03-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Heck, I bag MOST of the time, but would like to discharge some in the summer. I can on some lawns, but it never fails, I spend more time trying to turn just a certian way and maneuvering out of my way to keep from blowing clippings into beds, ac units, you name it. I'd like to have an OCDC like this just for summer use, IF it was easy to throw on and back off again. I'd need to be able to put the blower back on the deck to bag in the middle of the day, heck, sometimes in the middle of a lawn if I find there's too much to discharge.

For the fools that say "well just don't point the chute towards the beds, duh". Well best of luck to you in your business. I wish I had lawns that were all just nice squares with nothing in the middle but grass. No 6' wide strips between house and house. No random koi ponds in the middle of backyards, and so on and so on... But hey, that's why I BAG, lol.

BeautifulBlooms
03-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Two things:

1) How much was it???

2) It's ******

JShe8918
03-19-2008, 01:24 PM
What if he is striping. You can't make the discharge be pointing away at all times. BigW i have been looking into one of these and would like to hear some feedback whenever you get enough use under your belt.

newtostone
03-19-2008, 01:51 PM
BigW would love to know how much that cost. i am looking at picking up a new exmark and am very interested in getting that. as well as a few other goodies:cool2:

bigw
03-19-2008, 06:42 PM
BigW would love to know how much that cost. i am looking at picking up a new exmark and am very interested in getting that. as well as a few other goodies:cool2:

The price was 280 plus 1 hr to install but it seems like it will be well worth it,its foot controlled and works real nice.

B Stove
03-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Hey big w. I agree with you 100%. I also have this devise for my ztr. the only drawback is that you cant attatch your ultra vac while installed.. And for all you guys and gals making fun of the devise try it first. You ever see people with accounts on a major street and the first 2 passes from the street are going in the same direction? It would look alot better with this..(that is if you are a stripping guy like me!*trucewhiteflag*