PDA

View Full Version : stupid spelling question... "weather" as in "either"

03-18-2008, 01:53 AM
I have been working on my website for the last 24 hours or so... my brain is dead.

Anyways--- How do you spell "weather" when it is ment as "either", not as in the forcast.

Weather you need our services because you want more free time to enjoy summer, or because you want us to do the work, call.....

I am almost done with the site, will post in an hour or two, just cant figure out that word.:hammerhead:

wimpy
03-18-2008, 01:55 AM
"Whether". Weather, is the condition of the world.

03-18-2008, 02:04 AM
Thanks man. It's been killing me and I couldn't find it on google, just kept getting forcasts, lol.

Runner
03-18-2008, 04:12 AM
LOL...Yep,....Whether or not.....

TforTexas
03-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Try dictionary.com

kleankutslawn
03-18-2008, 01:14 PM
wow.They let you off easy on that one.

03-18-2008, 02:28 PM
haha, well I did try dictionary.com com and thesaurus.com, but when you type in "weather" you typed in a real word and it tells you about the weather. Without the correct spelling neither site was helpful. Believe me I looked for a solid 5-8 minutes before I gave up and asked on here.

anyways I think the site turned out good. www.imagepropertyservice.com

QLC- Rick
03-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Weather you need our services because you want more free time to enjoy summer, or because you want us to do the work, call.....

ha, it sounds like you're talking to the weather right there. Like you're selling mother nature a program. Alright, maybe my brain is fried.

Anyway, the sight looks pretty good. But the white font is hard to read with that grass background. Maybe you could adjust the transparency on the grass a little so the writing is less difficult to see. And what software did you use to build the sight? If you don't mind sharing.

MightySal
03-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Site looks great.
Just a couple of notes
"We do more then just "plow the drive." " then should be than.

"Snow plowing every 2 inches all winter." Makes it sound like you will be there every 2" of snow fall even for a large storm. If that is true then that is fine. You might want to state instead of "every 2"", "starting at 2"", or some thing along that line.

JMO but the site is good looking in all.

Runner
03-18-2008, 05:47 PM
LOL...I can hear the conversation already. "Whatcha doin', Honey?"
"Oh, nothing....Just checkin' the whether." :)

GSPHUNTER
03-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey Image, I like the site. I also found a small correction you need to make.

Your more then a customer to us, your our friend and neighbor! <-----Should be "You are(You're) more than........!" Also you may want to add "just" before "a customer".

Looks really good though. Good luck!

Sweet Tater
03-18-2008, 07:15 PM
:laugh:I feel like I'm back in 10th grade english class,,:hammerhead:

03-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks GPS! Fixed!

03-18-2008, 08:21 PM
:laugh:I feel like I'm back in 10th grade english class,,:hammerhead:

yeah and I am almost a junior in college! lol