PDA

View Full Version : my website- how do you like it?

03-18-2008, 04:31 AM
I still have a few things I want to do. Like adding a 'current news page', and a 'pictures' page, or maybe a scrolling pictures section, but for now it will work. Eventually I want to switch to a flash website... but not enought time to learn that right now. I did borrow the layout from another LCO- but I think I changed if enough to be my own.

Tell me what you think.:drinkup:

www.imagepropertyservice.com

newtostone
03-18-2008, 04:34 AM
Its a bit hard to read due to the white print. maybe do a box with some type of coloring and then have the text in that with the pages background being the grass(which i really liked) If at all maybe get some pictures of your work. but looks really good.

03-18-2008, 04:44 AM
Its a bit hard to read due to the white print. maybe do a box with some type of coloring and then have the text in that with the pages background being the grass(which i really liked) If at all maybe get some pictures of your work. but looks really good.

Ok thanks for the input. I will make another version with text boxes having a different color. Or maybe just get rif of the black all together, maybe go with a green?

Anyways I will make a couple different versions and poll a couple people about which is easier to read and looks best.

(I wont change the actual site until I decide on a final change- if any)

Thanks again for your input- I was kind of wondering about the ease of reading myself.

newtostone
03-18-2008, 05:08 AM
no problem get up those different ideas and ill along with everyone else will give you some input:cool2: keep up the good work.

Sunstate Lawn
03-18-2008, 07:02 AM
I didn't have a problem reading the print. I love the grass blades background, and your "specials" page seems to have something for everyone.

Good Job!

03-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I found out it has a problem being viewed in Firefox. I am gonna have to fix some code and get it working in firefox.

Military Lawns
03-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Call today (218) XXX-XXXX to make your neighbors jealous! Sounds corny but it may work. Also, keep in mind that estimates are free regardless, at least in this industry. Other than that, I like the color and concept! Really neat and too the point!

DJ-

03-18-2008, 04:52 PM
ok I think I got the background problem fixed, and a few other little things I saw.

Do you guys still think the white text is hard to read?

Benz2328
03-18-2008, 05:29 PM
How much did it cost to make and maintain?

03-18-2008, 06:16 PM
OK I'm done working on it for now. I changed a few things and still need to do some wording changes, but nothing major. I think the visual is good now.

How much did it cost to make and maintain?

It cost nothing. Its hosted by Microsoft Small Business Live for free. And I did the work building it- it took a few days. I did 'borrow' a layout, but I changed 90% of it. Basically I only used the table setup from a different site.

Benz2328
03-18-2008, 08:39 PM
It cost nothing. Its hosted by Microsoft Small Business Live for free. And I did the work building it- it took a few days. I did 'borrow' a layout, but I changed 90% of it. Basically I only used the table setup from a different site.[/QUOTE]

ya but didn't you have to purchase the domain name? how much$

03-18-2008, 09:13 PM
ya but didn't you have to purchase the domain name? how much$

nope, didn't cost me a thing. microsoft covered it I guess? I do have Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise- its about a $700 program, so maybe it was free because of that?

CrimsonLawnCare
03-18-2008, 09:18 PM
danm u giving a whole month for free!!! thats crazy talk

03-18-2008, 09:59 PM
danm u giving a whole month for free!!! thats crazy talk

The free month is only if they sign up for year round lawn mowing and snow plowing.