PDA

View Full Version : question for you guys

jnova35
03-19-2008, 09:35 AM
I just registered my business, insurance, new equipment and advertising. My insurance agent calls and said she is in a business group that meets once a week and she is trying to get me to join. They are only allowed to have one lawncare service and one of everything. Anyways they all refer people to each other and so on. First question is should i join? anybody ever hear of these? Second question, the lady called yesterday and said that a nursing home that is in it called her and said theyy needed shrubs pulled and new put in and mulching and so on. The think is i have never mulched for a job or put in shrubs, so should i go llook at it and see what i think and put in a bid or should i pass it on to somebody else or ignore it? I just dont want to screw up something but at the same time how do i learn. thanks guys

Smith Lawn & Landscaping
03-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Your a lawn care provider right??? If i were you i would take that job in a heart beat. It could lead up to better things like a contract for the nursing home!!!. Take your time bidding take pics post them up here get the square footage of the beds and im sure everyone will help you out. good luck

1wezil
03-19-2008, 09:41 AM
How much will it cost you to join

jnova35
03-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback. I was thinking the same thing about it being an opening for mowing. I think it costs 300 dollars for the year to join and they meet every thursday for an hour. Oh and i will try the picture thing but it seems alot of guys on here are getting mad about asking how much to charge. I dont want to be a pain but i would like to be sucessful so i will give it a shot

Lawn-Sharks
03-19-2008, 09:59 AM
It never hurts to ask peoples opinions on pricing u just have to be willing to take you lumps for asking...Aslo take the job it will be easier than you think

1wezil
03-19-2008, 10:02 AM
is that a BMI group that your asking about ?

jnova35
03-19-2008, 10:37 AM
1wezil where are you from in tennessee?

DLAWNS
03-19-2008, 10:59 AM
I've been asked to join a couple, but I had to turn them down because they met every Tuesday for lunch. Thats just not going to work for what I have going on right now. I just got a call from a smaller group that meets once a month on like Wednesdays at 6. So I joined that one. They are definitely a great way to network with other people. You may sell your services and you might need some of theirs. Ie: lawyer, realtor, insurance agent, etc.

kleankutslawn
03-19-2008, 02:11 PM
how do you guys find these groups