PDA

View Full Version : fleet washing w/ X-Jet worth the money

mgramling
03-19-2008, 08:45 PM
I wash a few semi's and car hauling trailors.

My pressure washer is a typical household 2.7gpm 2700 psi with honda motor.
no hot water.

I am looking into buying me an M5 X-Jet. To use to soap the trucks. Normally I have been using a 2 gal hand pump sprayer. The soap i use is Monster Truck Soap from northern tool then I add some degreaser to it.. So far its the best I have used. Very little hand brushing. In my case do think its worth the money?

Also I have read on pressuretek.com website about his fleet soap he sells. I am thinking about giving it a try. How do you think it will work with my pressure washer. I have read most people like it, But most guys are using I know most fleet people are using hot water and a larger GPM machine. What is your opinion?

thanks guys,

squirtgun
03-19-2008, 11:44 PM
I wash a few semi's and car hauling trailors.

My pressure washer is a typical household 2.7gpm 2700 psi with honda motor.
no hot water.

I am looking into buying me an M5 X-Jet. To use to soap the trucks. Normally I have been using a 2 gal hand pump sprayer. The soap i use is Monster Truck Soap from northern tool then I add some degreaser to it.. So far its the best I have used. Very little hand brushing. In my case do think its worth the money?

Also I have read on pressuretek.com website about his fleet soap he sells. I am thinking about giving it a try. How do you think it will work with my pressure washer. I have read most people like it, But most guys are using I know most fleet people are using hot water and a larger GPM machine. What is your opinion?

thanks guys,

The stw-75 truck soap shoukd work with cold water if the account is maintained weekly.Instead of an xjet get Bob to hook you up with the correct size downstreamer for your machine.
Also get a high/low variable nozzle so you can use the same tip to apply soap and rinse.

mgramling
03-20-2008, 12:06 AM
The trucks are not washed weekly, but mostly every other week. Depending on if the trucks are there everyother friday and sat. Right now with winter, I have to hand brush a lot. Getting the salt off. I am hoping in that will slow down. Color of trucks are dark colors 4 black, 1 navy and a 1 red, 1 purple, 1 teal blue, 4 white. As for as the soap, concerned about water spots on the darker colors.

Also by a hi-low nozzle are you meaning like a dual wand lance. my down streamer works on my PW. But I have no idea what ratio it is or to calibrate it. Its not adjustable.

I am not looking to expand my washing other than this company. Would buy a better set-up. But it would take me a while to make my money back if I bought me a nice hot water skid. also with fuel prizes thru the roof, I am scared he might cut back on the washing to save some money.

So I am hoping to cut my time, by using a better techique on soaping, and possibly a better soap to save me time. I think getting a better setup is out of the question for now. But I am going to save a large portion of this money, to upgrade my equipment when needed.

I thought about adding a just a hot box. But I don't know if would benefit me much, why my PW.

Happy Frog
03-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Like squirtgun said, call Bob and he will get you what you need. His fleet wash soap is the best there is...

Barry M
03-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Yes just call Bob. I've used STW 75 all winter with cold water no brushing, trucks look good.