PDA

View Full Version : Lunette rings in need of security

TWUllc
03-19-2008, 09:09 PM
I figured I'd throw this out there, as I have been looking for a lock solution for both equipment trailers with lunette setups.

I would usually park a truck diagonally infront of both lunette rings, to prevent someone from pulling in, and hooking up a trailer. Well, the one night I had the truck at the dealer, one of my trailers got yanked.

I posted a thread a bit back, about GPS locators for equipment and trailers.

At that time, I was contacted by a site sponser, Ken Gustafson of http://www.trailerlocksonline.com/ after seeing my thread. At the time, I had no idea he was a sponser, I throught he was someone that had the same problem as I did. A few PM's back and forth later, I realized he offered a product that was pretty much what I was looking for. Ofcourse I was skeptical, like anything else that I've thought about trying and never saw first hand before. After getting off the phone with my Insurance agent, wondering how much my policy rate will increase, I decided to order a lock, and give it a try.

Well, I recieved it on Monday, and I have to say I'm very pleased with what I got. I sat there and tried to come up with a way I thought I could break it off if I was a theif, but couldn't. If anyone is looking for a cheap way to secure a trailer with a lunette ring, check out http://www.trailerlocksonline.com/ Ken is great to work with, and can answer any of your questions. And believe me, I had many. This isn't a paid advertisement, but I would highly recommend giving them atleast a look. :waving:

PatiosInstalled
03-19-2008, 11:18 PM
make sure the ring cant be unbolted or the lock is usless.

TWUllc
03-20-2008, 08:51 AM
I have adjustable rings on both trailers, and welded both the bolts/nuts so they can't come off. :waving:

ken gustafson
03-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Just making sure...what everyone is calling a pintle hitch is actually a Lunette ring and the pintle hitch is the part that hooks the lunette ring. Lunette ring is the part that is on the trailer......the pintle hitch is what is on the towing vehicle's bumper. Ken

Gravel Rat
03-20-2008, 07:38 PM
You can have all the locks on the trailer you want if somebody is determined to steal the trailer they will. Pull up with a Landoll trailer hook the winch to it drag the trailer on off they go. A gas axe also works good.

Like they say locks just keep the honest person from stealing the trailer.