PDA

View Full Version : so has anyone used alliance lights yet

irrigation man
03-19-2008, 09:36 PM
just looking for feedback before i buy some
thanks

Chris J
03-19-2008, 09:39 PM
You really need to search "alliance" on this forum. this should answer all of your questions.

pete scalia
03-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Isn't that the one who ripped off Joey?

irrig8r
03-20-2008, 01:25 AM
There was only one? I was under the impression that there were at least half a dozen knock-off lines....

NightScenes
03-20-2008, 08:39 AM
There was only one? I was under the impression that there were at least half a dozen knock-off lines....

Yeah, but I think Joey likes them best!!:laugh:

JoeyD
03-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Irrigation Man, bashing a competitor is never how I like to approach a potential customer so please do not take my response as doing that. I am only giving you what I know as to being the facts. Of course Alliance has other reasoning for them doing what they are doing.

Alliance is another import knockoff fixture line started by a guy who used to be a Unique guy but decided he wanted to undercut us and sell off of price and sacrafice quality because we werent "professional" enough for him. He realized that after working here for 10 + years?

It is up to you to try things out for yourself I encourage you to do that, but if you are looking for more out of a product then just a $ then please give Unique an opportunity to show you why others copy our system and products. We have things and do things that the copy cats just cant do! Just ask any of the guys on this forum who use our products and they will tell you the type of service they recieve, not just in regards to the products but in regards to your projects. There are times when you need a less expensive product and we have that in place in the form of our Copper Knights and Brass Knights product lines. Just about everything they have we have already + more. See for yourself and compare! Pelase let me know if there is any information you would like for me to send you!

Regards,

Joey D.

Pro-Scapes
03-21-2008, 12:34 AM
I gotta say this. Joey and unique have gone above and beyond for me in the past. I like having the piece of mind of the manufactures watching my back.

I have never seen one of these low price companies doing that. I know unique is quite a bit more than the knock offs and sometimes your paying for the extras you dont need but I promise you when you need service or something aint quite right the fellas at unique (gotta be fair here cast and kichler have responded well to issues for the most part) will be there to step up and take care of you.

The Lighting Geek
03-21-2008, 01:27 AM
I agree with Billy. We, as craftsmen of our trade, expect customers to see our work for the artistry and craftsmanship that we provide. We depend on manufacturers to put thier time and money in developing better materials and components to help us take our craft to the next level. What kind of statement are we making as an industry when we support knock off components from people who are not focused on improving the landscape lighting industry? We tell our customers everyday 'you get what you pay for', but that goes for us as well.

Pro-Scapes
03-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Well said Tommy. If your serious about a long term commitment to your clients and plan to be there to service what you sell stick with someone who is in the industry because they love it and not because they are looking to make a quick buck by being in importer/imposter

If your going to be a trunk slammer and just slap in knock offs and be gone you might as well use some home depot stuff. A quality product is not just about the product itself. The manufacture has to be behind it 100% and be there to kiss some butt when something aint right. Last time I checked Joey is always right behind his customers lips puckerded.:laugh::laugh: I guess thats "just how he rolls"

NightScenes
03-21-2008, 09:29 AM
You're in good form this morning Billy:laugh::laugh:

Actually, Joey sent me a referral just yesterday!! I have a meeting on Monday with this prospect and I am confident that there will be a Unique order soon afterward.

JoeyD
03-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Ohhh Billy! I do what I can to please my customers. Sometimes that puts me in un-comprimising positions!! LOL Nate has not read this yet but I am sure when he does he will get a big kick out of that!!

I just want to say that we (Unique) are not perfect, sometimes things happen that shouldnt, but sometimes it's how you resolve the issues that says the most about what it is you do and your company. I pride myself in making sure ALL of my customers big or small are taken care of as best as I can. And it's not just me, this goes across the board from our customer service dept to our outside sales team back inside to our production and product design teams! We do our best to kiss your...I mean we do our best to take care of our customers!! LOL Billy.. Billy.. Billy..:nono::laugh:

Chris J
03-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Damn! I haven't gotten any referrals from Joey! You got a better contractor here in J-ville than me? (ya-think) I know I have been doing a lot of re-works of existing Unique systems, but it wasn't the fault of the materials; it was the fault of the contractor. Nonetheless, I still rip the entire system out and replace it. Maybe you should consider sending some of these customers to me if you want them to be happy?
Joey, who would you consider to be a major player (Unique user) in the LV business in the N. Florida market. I think I know all of them, but I don't know of any who are exclusive to Unique.

pete scalia
03-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Damn! I haven't gotten any referrals from Joey! You got a better contractor here in J-ville than me? (ya-think) I know I have been doing a lot of re-works of existing Unique systems, but it wasn't the fault of the materials; it was the fault of the contractor. Nonetheless, I still rip the entire system out and replace it. Maybe you should consider sending some of these customers to me if you want them to be happy?
Joey, who would you consider to be a major player (Unique user) in the LV business in the N. Florida market. I think I know all of them, but I don't know of any who are exclusive to Unique.

Nite-Lites?

Chris J
03-21-2008, 11:35 PM
I thought Nitelites had their own stuff. Joey? You sell to Nite lites?

pete scalia
03-22-2008, 01:46 AM
I thought Nitelites had their own stuff. Joey? You sell to Nite lites?

Looks to me to be some off shore junk not Unique's

JoeyD
03-24-2008, 12:49 PM
We do not sell to Nite Lights...I have no idea what they use. Off the top of my head Chris one of the biggst guys we have period is in Florida. I will tell you his name in private. He doesnt need to recieve 100 calls from manufacturers who read here in secret. But if I do get a homeowner lead in Jville I will definitly hook you up!!

Chris J
03-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Name please, and location. I'm just curious and envious.

Lite4
03-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Chris check your PM. I will send you a link to their website.