PDA

View Full Version : Super cab owners

stroker51
03-19-2008, 11:29 PM
So to those of you who have Ford Super Duty's with super cabs, how well does the back seat fit full-size people? I've got a 99 Crew cab that fits 4-6 adults pretty comfortable, but it's just more truck than i need. I'm looking at a 99 F250 super cab with about 20k less miles, and much more along the lines of what i need for my personal pickup. I'm just curious how well the back seat in the super cabs fit people. We go on hunting trips quite a bit, which had a bunch to do with why i bought my crew cab in the first place, so it's really nice to have enough room for at least 3-4 adults.

LawnProLandCare
03-20-2008, 01:49 AM
So to those of you who have Ford Super Duty's with super cabs, how well does the back seat fit full-size people? I've got a 99 Crew cab that fits 4-6 adults pretty comfortable, but it's just more truck than i need. I'm looking at a 99 F250 super cab with about 20k less miles, and much more along the lines of what i need for my personal pickup. I'm just curious how well the back seat in the super cabs fit people. We go on hunting trips quite a bit, which had a bunch to do with why i bought my crew cab in the first place, so it's really nice to have enough room for at least 3-4 adults.

its not the most comfortable fit but it can be done. just dont be stuffing a large person back there for too long. if you only do it a couple times a year i think it would be fine.

TXNSLighting
03-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Have you ever been in a dodge quad cab? its a little bit less than that. Not the most comfortable, but hey your not sittin back there! ha!

lawnspecialties
03-20-2008, 09:11 AM
I used to have an '01 F-250 supercab. I also just recently sold my F-150 supercab.

If you're only going to be using it occasionally for adults in the back, it'll probably be OK. Now that I have a crew cab, I'll never go back.

How big a fella' are you? The reason I ask is if you have some adults in the back, sliding the front seats forward is typically done for legroom in the back.

stroker51
03-20-2008, 09:25 AM
I was gonna ask how it compared to a Dodge crew cab, my buddy has an 03 that we took out last weekend, there was 4 of us and it was a little cramped, esp. compared to my F350 crew cab, but not too bad. Texan, you make a good point, i won't be the one back there, lol.

TXNSLighting
03-20-2008, 09:37 AM
ha yes sir! I have owned two super cab trucks. And really i didnt find to much problem with them. but once i got a crew cab i now know why everyone says they will never go back to a super cab. and value wise the supers lose value faser than a crew cab. Theyre great for work trucks, but be prepared when its time to sell it, it will be hard.

LawnBoy89
03-20-2008, 09:53 AM
I love my supercab I have room to put whatever I need in the back without having the much larger crewcab but when the rare time comes that I need to bring people somewhere it can work. 75% of the time I'm driving my personal truck I'm by myself 24% of the time I have one other person and 1% of the time I have more then 2 people it doesn;t make sense to drive a crew cab if you aren't going to use it.

stroker51
03-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Ya i figured that on the resale, this truck is listed at $14,500, and a similar crew cab would be closer to 20K. I usually drive them till the wheels fall of and then put em back on and go some more. I love my crew cab, it's just not practical for me to have this crew cab dually, I don't plow any huge lots or pull a skid of mini ex enough to need it, I just got a really good deal on it when i bought it. Does anybody need an F350 Crew dually powerstroke 4x4? lol.

LindblomRJ
03-21-2008, 03:49 PM
I guess I have never had a comfortable ride in the back seat of any extended cab pickup.

N.H.BOY
03-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Crew cab--you mean 4 FULL doors right? I have got one f250 and I use it for my kids and dog.. works fine. Had two 220lbs guys in the back and they said they were fine. Sucks for plowing though:cry:

LindblomRJ
03-23-2008, 12:22 AM
Crew cab--you mean 4 FULL doors right? I have got one f250 and I use it for my kids and dog.. works fine. Had two 220lbs guys in the back and they said they were fine. Sucks for plowing though:cry:

I think we are talking extended cabs and not crew cabs.

stroker51
03-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking of going from my crew to an extended. I've got a 96 250 extended cab, but that was in the days before back doors on the extended cab, it's a real sum beach to get back there. i know there's plenty of room in my crew cab, hell you could probably play a game of football in there if the seats were out, lol.

LindblomRJ
03-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking of going from my crew to an extended. I've got a 96 250 extended cab, but that was in the days before back doors on the extended cab, it's a real sum beach to get back there. i know there's plenty of room in my crew cab, hell you could probably play a game of football in there if the seats were out, lol.

I am in the same boat with a 1996 K2500.

stroker51
03-24-2008, 04:25 PM
I know, i absolutely love my old 96, probably the best truck i've ever had. I'd buy another work truck and take it back for my everyday driver in a heartbeat, except that back seat deal. Not that it's an issue very often but when it is... man whoever had to sit back there before i got my crew cab was cussing me, lol.

LindblomRJ
03-25-2008, 01:17 AM
I know, i absolutely love my old 96, probably the best truck i've ever had. I'd buy another work truck and take it back for my everyday driver in a heartbeat, except that back seat deal. Not that it's an issue very often but when it is... man whoever had to sit back there before i got my crew cab was cussing me, lol.

My next pickup will likely be a full crew cab. I like my 96 I washed it the other day and for a 12 year old pickup looks pretty sharp.

traviswalker007
03-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Just bought mine last week, it was a demo loaded to the teeth with 9,300 miles for 29,000 couldnt find anything close here, they wanted 35 grand for one with 50,000 miles...so anyways the room is just fine for me, and if i have my guys in the back there working, its not a cadilac, its a work truck..i plow, and pull trailers with it and its an awsome truck...theres enough room in the back for people going from point a to b, not a family hauler by no means...plus the shorter wheelbase makes it easier to park...just my 2 cents

TrapperJohn
03-27-2008, 01:36 PM
I looked at both last fall when I was buying. You didn't get much back for super vs crew cab, they're both still real long. Crew cab can carry more inside, more space to lock things up, a lot easier to get in and out of. Especially true of the later Ford PS's that have the fold out rack that's under the rear seats, lets me carry a chain saw back there without messing anything up. (does stink a bit, though)

I probably would have bought a supercab, except they cut me a real good deal on a crew cab. Glad I got it now. I'll never go back.