PDA

View Full Version : Could use some help!! Indiana

richter24
03-20-2008, 02:30 PM
So heres the deal. I have been looking for some used commercial equipment around the 2k price range. Well as you all know it is near impossible. All I can afford at the time is a residential. I bought a 2006 44" Dixon ZTR for the time being. I mow part-time so I am not running all day. I also bought a back-up mower just in case. Not a Z. So i am hoping I should be fine. For now.

My questions:
Is this ok for a start? (obviously until I get more accts and go full time)
How often should I take mower in for a tune-up? (until I learn the ropes)

I know most people would say dont waste your money on non-commercial equipment, but I have to start somewhere, and where i can afford too.

Any other thoughts...thanks guys

richter24
03-20-2008, 02:33 PM
One more thing!!! The engine is in the rear of the Z and is exposed!! is this going to cause any problems. Mower looks near the same as this one, but you can see the engine exposed in the rear.

http://www.hayesequipment.com/images/4846_large.gif

Mowerboy04
03-20-2008, 02:42 PM
One more thing!!! The engine is in the rear of the Z and is exposed!! is this going to cause any problems. Mower looks near the same as this one, but you can see the engine exposed in the rear.

http://www.hayesequipment.com/images/4846_large.gif

most all Z have the engine exposed. as for your question on is the equipment you bought good enought if it makes you money and u don't have any problems with it then its good enough. my good friend use to run dixion he mowed about 10 yards with it and had nothing but problmes with it, but i also think that he did not take care of it. If your going to use a pice of residential equipment for commerical work make sure your ontop of the maintance. hope this helps
alex

Smith Lawn & Landscaping
03-20-2008, 02:44 PM
All the engines on z mowers are in the rear and exposed. And check with your manual you got for the mowers to find out when they recommend for maintenance.

paul vroom
03-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Do a good job, do not low ball, a year or two you will have nice stuff. Thats my plan.