PDA

View Full Version : truck and trailer colors?

CrystalCreek
03-20-2008, 04:11 PM
OK, I have a red ford truck. I am buying a new dump truck, color unsure. I have a white enclosed trailer. I also have a red open deck trailer. Do I buy a new dump truck in red, and paint the trailer red, or do I just get a white dump. I really like the idea of everything matching. And I am not about to paint my superduty. Is it really that important or not. Also, white is a
B$%&H to keep clean. Hate those dark black lines that won't wash off.

Give me some idaes. :usflag:

P.Services
03-20-2008, 04:20 PM
i would just paint the trailer red, i have painted everything i bought green. take it to maaco they will do it for aroung $800

jkason
03-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Black and White are the toughest to keep clean, followed quickly by Red.

Why not just strip everything down to bare metal and have a flat primer applied?
Seems to work for the high school kids in town. (HA!)

Seriously, I would try to match the trucks and paint the trailer.

CrystalCreek
03-20-2008, 07:47 PM
after looking at the trailer, I was wondering if I could paint it myself. I have a spray gun set up. Almost everything can be unbolted. Would just need to cover the tires and roof and the door molding. If I used a scotch brite pad and some heavy cleaner, I don't see why it can't be done. I would use automotive paint and clear coat. What is everyone's idea's? Thanks in advance

P.Services
03-20-2008, 07:52 PM
after looking at the trailer, I was wondering if I could paint it myself. I have a spray gun set up. Almost everything can be unbolted. Would just need to cover the tires and roof and the door molding. If I used a scotch brite pad and some heavy cleaner, I don't see why it can't be done. I would use automotive paint and clear coat. What is everyone's idea's? Thanks in advance

do you have a lot of experience painting? how long is the trailer ?

CrystalCreek
03-20-2008, 08:07 PM
The trailer is 16 foot long 7 wide. My buddy is in the auto booth at the local ford dealer. He said he would help. Can even get the paint for 50 bucks or so. He owes me a fav, so time to pay up. I supprise him with a 30 pack or two after were done.:drinkup::drinkup: I'll post pics in a month or so when done.

P.Services
03-20-2008, 08:19 PM
as long as you have your buddy to help it sounds like you guys now what your doing.i was going to paint my trailer my self but decided i didnt want all the runs down the sides. maaco did a great job and will get all of my trucks from now on.

Eclipse
03-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Black and White are the toughest to keep clean, followed quickly by Red.

Quite the contrary. I have a 22ft red enclosed trailer that does not get washed often enough but unless I drive through mud it looks surprisingly clean after weeks on the road without a bath.

mag360
03-21-2008, 02:11 AM
I'd take red over white. It will stand out among the predominately white landscape community.
I'm making a similar choice between black (our original color) and burgundy. Any fleet will look nice with good matching paint and lots of chrome.