PDA

View Full Version : Phone Book

cks dad
03-20-2008, 06:39 PM
I am meeting with somebody on Tues afternoon from the phone book company (yellow Pages)Was wondering if anybody else advertises in the phone book and what kind of response do you get?Do you get alot of customers calling with this type of advert. and what are the prices like to advert. in them

zz4guy
03-20-2008, 07:07 PM
From what I've heard, it isn't worth the BIG bucks. I have a small ad myself just to get my name out there and for people to contact me. Runs about $13/month. But I can find better ways of spending $1500/yr on indirect advertising.

bohiaa
03-20-2008, 08:20 PM
I could NEVER get a price out of them, they always wanted t otell me about there diffrent programs, I was seeking a range,,,,the 1st guy danced around it for 10 minutes so I hung up on him,

I got a call back from another rep, and the same thing...

a week later I got a call from a so called manager, and even she couldn't tell me a price range. she wanted me to listen to a 30 minute sales pitch, before she would tell me a range, so I said have a nice day.

Now they call about once a week

paul vroom
03-20-2008, 08:32 PM
They called me, it sounded good at first but then I figured I would target my area and not the whole state.

old oak lawn
03-20-2008, 08:57 PM
i have has a add in 1 for 2 years and have signed up for year 3 - next year 09. as far as return ? POOR. went with half pag add for this year and next and now have it in 2 different books. thats $1300.00 per year 2 books. have only got a few customer calls but picked up some good ones . add has paied for itsself but was looking for more.

Hoss315er
03-20-2008, 09:00 PM
How many people use the phone book anymore? I always use the internet to look for numbers and such.

Your truck is a better "mobile" ad.

ffemt1271
03-20-2008, 09:36 PM
i had one in there for 2 years, got 1 call for a service we didn't provide, they messed up our ad and wouldnt work to fix it, pretty much sucked for us.:usflag:

Dunlaps LawnCare
03-20-2008, 10:20 PM
i did this year and its not worth it. they messed up the add

paul vroom
03-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Well that pretty much settles it for me. If they messed up your two and would not fix it. Forget them.

cks dad
03-21-2008, 07:18 AM
Thank you everyone for the feed back.I will prob meet with her and see what she has to say.If anything maybe i will get a free meal out of her lol.

justanotherlawnguy
03-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Free Lunch isnt even worth sitting through the sales pitch. We have dealt with all 3 "books" in our area, and they are all about the same. A couple of years ago we got alot, I mean a ton of biz from the YellowBook. But in the last year the biz from the yellow pages has dropped off the face of the earth.

I pay $220/month for an ad that is the one just smaller than a business card under 2 headings, cause you know they sell you the buy one get one free deal...

Cannot wait til June when this ad is paid for, I will not be renewing.....

lawnpro724
03-23-2008, 06:48 PM
i did this year and its not worth it. they messed up the add

If it was messed up its your fault unless they didn't send you out a proof. I get sent out a proof of what my ad will look like every year to look over and make any changes if needed.

Dunlaps LawnCare
03-23-2008, 08:07 PM
If it was messed up its your fault unless they didn't send you out a proof. I get sent out a proof of what my ad will look like every year to look over and make any changes if needed.

never sent us one

lawnpro724
03-24-2008, 02:40 PM
never sent us one

If they never sent you a proof for you to approve and your ad came out in the phone book with wrong information or not what you wanted then you don't have to pay for it. All of the phone books I advertise in send out proofs and contract for signature and if they don't get it back they don't run it.