PDA

View Full Version : help how do i aprouch customers!!!!!

DEEREBOY14
03-20-2008, 07:59 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:help i wanna start a negihboor hood lawn service & i wanna know how do i aprouch customers an tell them i am starting a lawn service an what tools i need & how much do i charge for 100x200 feet lots and include trimming blowing mowing leaf removel and what else do i think i should include help also how do i advertise & make an estamsate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

DEEREBOY14
03-20-2008, 08:02 PM
i forgot one thing what kind of cell phone is the best for lawn care pro like us nextel sprint at&t verizion cenntenil Etc. thankks a lot please help me

Skimastr105
03-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Good thing you need a 2009 F450 Super Duty. That wouldn't be a particularity wise business decision from the looks of it, considering you don't know how to bid.

I try to gross $45-$60 / man hour when my crews are out. Try and base your bidding off of that. Your area may be higher or lower, I don't know exactly.

And in regards to the cell phone, what one works best in your area, base your decision off that?

03-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Decide you want to start a business
register it with the state (LLC is a good way to go)
Get your General Liability insurance
Get workers comp, or exempt certificate
figure out what equipment fits your needs
Get your equipment
Advertise
Business cards
Direct mail
Sign in neighborhood
Ad i local paper
Door to Door
Mow lawns
Provide great customer service
Grow your business

As for pricing- Start at a buck a minute on jobs that are going to take over half our. On jobs under a half our- set a minimum- maybe $30 or so.

Remember there are some jobs that are only an hour job, but you can get $80-$120 for them, so dont hose yourself and under price yourself.

Best cell phone... I dont know, don't your friends have cell phones? I thought every kid over 10 had one these days.

EDIT: DUDE YOUR 14... ENJOY YOUR CHILDHOOD, DONT PLAN ON GOING BIG YET! STAY SMALL AND JUST DO A FEW HOUSES ON YOUR STREET. HECK YOUR NOT EVEN OLD ENOUGH TO MOW FOR BEER MONEY...

paul vroom
03-20-2008, 09:26 PM
You have every thing you need. Enthusiasm and a mower. You are 14, do a few jobs and do not burn up all your fun time working, there will be plenty of time for work when you are out of school. Make some money but most of all enjoy yourself. Its spring, play Babe Ruth baseball, if you never did, do it anyways. You are a kid, act like it......

ps. PLEASE.....DO NOT GET HURT, Learn your equipment!!!!

paul vroom
03-20-2008, 09:27 PM
ALSO Did you do your home work before you asked your question?

Uranus
03-20-2008, 09:37 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:help i wanna start a negihboor hood lawn service & i wanna know how do i aprouch customers an tell them i am starting a lawn service an what tools i need & how much do i charge for 100x200 feet lots and include trimming blowing mowing leaf removel and what else do i think i should include help also how do i advertise & make an estamsate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

WOW. Talk about a run on sentence. I'm surprised there's only 4 misspelled words. No wonder there are so many confused smilies.

DEEREBOY14
03-21-2008, 08:36 AM
ALSO Did you do your home work before you asked your question?
my school does not have home work:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

SNAPPER MAN
03-21-2008, 11:11 PM
If you dont have homework you must be in idiot classes because all my classes have homework.....but then again im in honors.

elite lawns
03-21-2008, 11:43 PM
now now! cant' we all just get along :)

kleankutslawn
03-22-2008, 12:04 AM
check the teen thread in networking

Brown's LC & L
03-22-2008, 12:13 AM
I believe reply #4 hit it on the head. My Minimum is $25 and my hourly is around $40. Your 14, you have a long time to build your empire. Mow in your neighborhood and as you get older, and able to drive, branch out. Make a little money but still be a kid and have fun. Best of luck.

Johnson LCO
03-22-2008, 12:08 PM
my school does not have home work:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

Maybe that is why you dont know how to use punctuation and frequently mispel words. What happens when you write a proposal and it looks like crap? Why are you planning on getting a 2009 f450? Unless that is in like 5 years you are way off base. That is a serious truck and you wont have enough customers to make it pay for itself.

Marcos
03-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by DEEREBOY14
my school does not have home work

Maybe that is why you dont know how to use punctuation and frequently mispel words. What happens when you write a proposal and it looks like crap? Why are you planning on getting a 2009 f450? Unless that is in like 5 years you are way off base. That is a serious truck and you wont have enough customers to make it pay for itself.

Yeah....no kidding !

Sometimes the priorities a person has in life, at such a young age, seem to get screwed up when they start dreaming of the almighty $$$ before they can even spell the word 'dollar'.
:laugh:

Deereboy, you say your school doesn't "have" homework, huh?
Well...based upon your spelling and punctuation (which is below that of both of my 5th grade daughters') I suggest then that you ask them for extra work, particularly in GRAMMAR,..because the next 3-4 years is crucial to your future !

Don't screw it up by putting the cart before the horse!

lsu03
03-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Well if you talk like you spell, than they probably wouldn't even be able to understand you. most people around here don't go door to door, or even leave flyers for that matter. most advertising around here is newspaper, phone book, and word of mouth.

S L C
03-22-2008, 03:08 PM

Put a real scary Halloween mask on... go right up to their door... they will be sooo scared, there is no way they could say no to you!! J/K :dizzy:

DEEREBOY14
04-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Put a real scary Halloween mask on... go right up to their door... they will be sooo scared, there is no way they could say no to you!! J/K :dizzy:
LOL HELP NOT KIDD A:hammerhead:ROUND

cgaengineer
04-04-2008, 04:52 PM
LOL HELP NOT KIDD A:hammerhead:ROUND

You need to go get some of those chics on your My Space page...worry about cutting lawns after high school!! If you really want to cut lawns start small, print up some business cards and go door to door in your neighborhood, keep it small.

I would also not call yourself a Lawn Pro...I don't call myself a lawn pro...it will be a long time before I do...I am good at it, but I am not a pro.

Not trying to be negative as I have a 13 year old son and I know what kids say and do. My son can play the guitar very well for a 13 year old...he calls himself a musician and thinks he is the best out there...does this mean he is a pro?

You can talk the talk, but your customers will soon find out you cant walk the walk. If you are thinking about getting a cell phone, F450 and calling yourself a lawn pro...can you back it up? If a customer asks why you are cutting their bermuda at 4 inches when it should be cut at 1-1.5 what are you going to tell them? What if they ask you to prune a tree and you kill it? What happens if your customer wants fertilizer on lawn and you apply it and it burns it? What if they ask you to spot treat weeds in lawn and you use the wrong chemical and burn little circles all over the lawn, worse yet you get caught spraying and get fined.

What I am trying to say is...dont bite off more then you can chew.

ALC-GregH
04-04-2008, 04:53 PM
The reason he asked if you did your homework before you ask the question isn't if you had school homework, he meant did you do any research on the questions you asked? It appears that you did not. Your still very young and with grammar like you showed, my 8 year old can spell better.

MJS
04-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey Deerboy14

Your myspace says that you make $30,000-$45,000 a year. So why exactly do you want help getting customers? That's pretty serious money for a 17-year-old.
BTW like the other guys said - use a spell-check. It will go a long way in earning you respect.

SNAPPER MAN
04-04-2008, 06:01 PM
The best way to get customers is to walk up and knock on their door and when they answer say, "Hola Senora, Usted necita una persona para cortar la yarda. Trabajo para poquito denero porque soy un idiota". That will get you a ton of business....

J & D Greens
04-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Hey give this kid a break, (can't a kid dream big?) when he lands his first five accounts and only last half way through the summer, he will be looking at a motorcycle.:laugh: This is hard work and it's not for everyone.:nono:

lawnboyoung
04-04-2008, 10:08 PM
i forgot one thing what kind of cell phone is the best for lawn care pro like us nextel sprint at&t verizion cenntenil Etc. thankks a lot please help me

they all suck its just opinion

lawnboyoung
04-04-2008, 10:15 PM
WOW. Talk about a run on sentence. I'm surprised there's only 4 misspelled words. No wonder there are so many confused smilies.

do you feel better now that you were a dic*head.

Uranus
04-04-2008, 10:28 PM

Why don't you go back and read his post. Tell me how many errors are made.

As for you. What did I offend you friend. Well if I did then maybe he should have said something instead of his buddy trying to flex his chest. I'm not going to go back and forth with you but BITE ME.

S L C
04-04-2008, 11:04 PM

That is not being a d-head..... its called telling the truth dude!!!!!!!! :dizzy: :hammerhead:

Carolina Cuts
04-04-2008, 11:34 PM
geeez, junior can't catch a break in this thread.

Lil' man.... sloooooow down. Push mow a few neighborhood lawns for a season. Do a good job, cut, edge, trim and blow. Be dependable. Put a little coin in your pocket, take some of your hunnies out for a movie and some ice cream. Save a little bit too. Enjoy your summers.... one or two lawns a day and start to learn the basics.

Marcos
04-07-2008, 01:08 AM
BTW like the other guys said - use a spell-check. It will go a long way in earning you respect.

What good's a 'spell check' button, when the person still couldn't pick out the correct spelling from the drop-down list ?!?

:confused:

LawnCare_EMT
04-07-2008, 04:02 PM
HaHaHa I have no comments on his thread...
Ok well maybe just one.... NEW IBERIA LOUISANA
enough said
Sorry yall can all hate me now but I just had too!