PDA

View Full Version : Spring & Fall Clean ups?

Brown's LC & L
03-21-2008, 12:58 AM
I wanted to get a better idea of what everyone classifies as spring and fall cleanups and the rates charged. It seems like everyone I have talked to has a different idea of what they are and how much they should cost. Thanks in advance for the replies!

Raven386
03-21-2008, 01:01 AM
Browns, try doing a Search for that topic. It has been discussed a few times in the past month or so... but anyways. My spring clean-up includes the removal of any leaves,sticks or other debris left on the lawn,we blow out all the beds too. Just a down-sized Fall Clean-up really...

Brown's LC & L
03-21-2008, 01:14 AM
Do you include new mulch and trimming the shrubs and trees? I'm working on a contract for a bank and they want it included in their bid. I'm just trying to decide on the best way to do it. Lately, I've kind of got the feeling everyone has a different opinion on the definition.

Stillwater
03-21-2008, 06:31 AM
Don't worry about what anyone has for a opinion on what is included. The bank dictated to you what they want included. The bank has a line item in their budget for landscape maintenance. They are most likely looking for someone who fits within that budget. Include everything trimming edging bed prep and mulch, fert and amendments if you do that. then add in your 34 seasonal mowing's or how ever many cuttings your season supports. I seriously recommend determining exactly what your costs are for that job. Before you give them their quote. It is easy to loose your shirt by bidding to low. It is not very hard to botch a price quote by accident. I have been doing this longer than dirt is old and I recently did just that, I got slammed it happens not often but it does happen.

spring clean up + mulching weeding + 34 mowings + 2 hedge and tree trimmings + fert-prem + summer fert + fall winterizer + fall cleanup = total cost for the year

Raven386
03-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Everything is a seperate price, Spring Clean-up is XX. Mulch is XX etc... I dont make a package price type thing for spring clean-ups. like Still said, the bank told you what THEY want, your going to have to bid to their specifcations. Good Luck this season!

Brown's LC & L
03-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks again for the answers... much appreciated!

Stillwater
03-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks again for the answers... much appreciated!

take the figure and divide it by 12 payments theirin you recieve a check every month for the year..... dont let the final figure scare you it will be big, one of the number one reasons some guys don't charge enough is fear, or weak or no confidence

Brown's LC & L
03-21-2008, 08:58 AM
I know! I did this for a local restaurant and was leery to turn it in. When I did they told me my bid was good, slightly lower than what they were paying, and they wanted to go with me because they were not happy with their current guy. That was months ago! I still think I'm in line to get it, but the steps to get this done are too long. I wish I could just talk to whoever I need to and make it happen!