PDA

View Full Version : Raking mulch ...turning it over for a fresh new look

SW Landscape Maintenance
03-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Ok guys just wondering when you are doing a spring clean up ...do you rake or over turn existing mulch to give it a fresh new look. I always offer the option in my spring clean up service. Sometimes I get an odd look from the customer when I Tell them I will lightly rake over your mulch to give it that fresh new look. I find that the sun will alway bleach the mulch or if we've had snow sitting on it all winter...... I would only rake the mulch if there was no mulch to be added. Thanks in advanced.:canadaflag:

J&R Landscaping
03-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Some customers ask for this if they are not going to mulch this year and one area looks a lot worse then the rest of the beds do. I've done it a few times before...

Brown's LC & L
03-21-2008, 11:44 PM
If you have a good 4 inches or so, it is a good option. Saves us time and gas and saves them money. You really have to rake it around to get the good results though.

tyler_mott85
03-23-2008, 09:39 AM
just did about 1,000 sgft of that yesterday at my folks...but i use my hands. Works well even out the spread of mulch. plus it disturbs the weed bed. I tell customers if I do that they can get away with mulching in the summer (gives me work when there is drought...). A lot like this idea so they dont have to fork out tons of money right off the bat in spring.