PDA

View Full Version : Help with estimate, confused on price

stevenf
03-21-2008, 02:38 PM
I got a call today to give an estimate for a very small yard. She wants it done with a push mower. Normally I would charge extra for the request, but I have to use the push mower on the back yard because of a gate, and the front is so small, I wouldnt have pulled out the rider anyway. I figure it will take me a good 30-35 minutes to complete with the push mower and I was originally thinking $35.00 because of the use of a push mower. Then I got to thinking about a WB, If someone has a walk behind, they would do it for $30.00 and complete in half the time.
Question: Should I charge the $30.00 minimum or should there automatically be more tacked on because of the use of a pushmower to get thru the gate?

Slcareco
03-21-2008, 02:43 PM
If she wants it done by a push mower than charge her for what it will cost extra for her request.

My opinion I wouldnt waste my time dropping the trailer for a push mowing lawn anyway lol:cool2:

cgaengineer
03-21-2008, 03:51 PM
I got a call today to give an estimate for a very small yard. She wants it done with a push mower. Normally I would charge extra for the request, but I have to use the push mower on the back yard because of a gate, and the front is so small, I wouldnt have pulled out the rider anyway. I figure it will take me a good 30-35 minutes to complete with the push mower and I was originally thinking $35.00 because of the use of a push mower. Then I got to thinking about a WB, If someone has a walk behind, they would do it for $30.00 and complete in half the time.
Question: Should I charge the $30.00 minimum or should there automatically be more tacked on because of the use of a pushmower to get thru the gate?

How bad do you need the account? If you need it bad and it wont take much longer to do the front and you figured price on pushing in the back I would go ahead and do it. If you can do the entire lawn in 35 min and you are charging $35 that sounds like a good profit to me.