PDA

View Full Version : Lawns just a part of complete property care

qserve
03-21-2008, 05:20 PM
I recently started a business called Quality Services. Started doing janitorial for businesses as a sideline 10 yrs. ago. Then got into carpet cleaning due to local demand. Got pest control license last year and quit my 'day' job. Certified for turf & ornamental this year as yet another add-on service. (only fert and pest. apps. no mowing). Not sure if being this diversified is a good idea. Located in a small town[Emmetsburg, Ia.], makes it hard to specialize without lots of driving. Anyone else in this situation?

Loving self employment yet not sure what direction to go!

stevenf
03-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Sounds like a good business to get into. If I were you, I would focus on the most popular service but include the others on your advertisement. If the floor and carpet scene is popular where you are, go for that but dont hesitate to advertise each service.

Grits
03-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Diversification is a GOOD thing!!!! Keep doing what you're doing.

JohnnyCuts
03-22-2008, 08:02 AM
In a small town I think you need to diversify. Hopefully people call you everytime they need something (anything) done. The real question is how's the E'burg football team gonna be this fall?

qserve
03-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the input fellas. That's kinda what I was thinking. To answer your question JohnnyCuts, hard to tell 'bout our fball team. Dropped to 1A, but a tough district. Last year was first time since '83 didnt make playoffs. No pressure any more. Hope they can enjoy the game and do well