PDA

View Full Version : first accounts

ghfire
03-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Got three accounts today. I am just a part timer looking to get about 20 accounts, so i just need 17 more. Passed out about 1000 flyers and not one call
from the flyers, got these accounts through word of mouth.

Your Lawn First
03-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Good luck over the last 3 years I handed out over 3000 and maybe got 3 out of all this. keep doing what your doing and best of all word of mouth is the best of all advertising.

daveintoledo
03-24-2008, 12:36 PM
what sort of clientel.... dont get me wrong, but i have found many people have tried the part time lawn care guy and have found some reasons to go with a more established company....so.....

you have to just kind of keep at it, this isnt easy like some like to make it out to be, its a very compeditave and cut throat market......

just takes time .....

marathonmow
03-24-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm also new to the part timing plan for this. I was planning to do flyers, but not anymore. I got my 3 accounts off free listings across the web. I'm also telling all the people I know what I'm doing so they can also spread the word for me.
I plan to do the door to door thing to with my business cards, that sounds like the next best thing. I also need to get my door magnets for the truck, so when I am working, the sign can work for me as the neighbors drive by.

don't give up hope.

Nolan

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-24-2008, 02:24 PM
gh - thats awesome you got 3 so far! If you are a 1st year part timer, you may find that 20 accounts is VERY difficult for your first year. Why don't you shoot for 10 and raise the bar if need be? OR, cross sell other services than mow/blow to make up the income difference. And yep, keep on marketing!

THRIFTY2
03-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Like others said, word of mouth is the best form of advertising out there. Never let anyone you come in contact with not know that you mow lawns and it will pay off!

KrayzKajun
03-24-2008, 05:08 PM
its a very competitave and cut throat market...... nah not at all!! LOL!!!

Lawn company are like gangs!!

congrats on the three accounts!