PDA

View Full Version : Lowering prices

4-Seasons
03-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Does anyone first starting off call a customer back and lower the price of a job that they refused.

Raven386
03-22-2008, 11:36 AM
So you are saying they didnt want you to do the work because your price was to high? and now you want to go back to them and take $XX off so you will get the job. That would work great if you dont want to make any money.

Stillwater
03-22-2008, 11:40 AM
no.......... the prime motivator for low prices is "fear" and low self-confidence

Dave_005
03-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Does anyone first starting off call a customer back and lower the price of a job that they refused.

I Never lower my price, i go out and give them a quote it's then up to the homeowner to accept or not, now if they turn it down and say they want to look around for a better price and then call me back a couple weeks later i will Raise my price a little. and if they ask why i raised my price i simply tell them my schedule filled up since i gave the original quote. and honestly at this point i dont mind if they turn it down, if they wanted to shop around in the beginning to save a couple bucks then watch for them to try and get you to do freebes as well you know (since you're here can you put down some mulch for me) or wait until it comes time for fall leaf cleanups

AWR
03-22-2008, 03:44 PM
never !! its one of the first things you learn if you take any kind of a small buisness class.
i find when i tell someone "thats fine get someone else " they tend to respect you more and tend to lean towards us, i guess it shows confidence..

Frue
03-22-2008, 03:47 PM

Yes I have wiggle room in all of my bids to get the jobs.

Johnson LCO
03-22-2008, 08:02 PM
If you call them to lower your price you better make it a one time job or else you will be their b!tch. Every job they will expect the same thing to happen. After all of the games it is just worth it to pursue other customers through more advertising. Just forget about them. I have had people say my price is high and then go to the competition and then they are calling back. Before I would have worked with them, but now I know they need me and I wont budge, and any additional services will be the same.

lawnpro724
03-22-2008, 09:42 PM
I give them a price for quality service and explain why their better off going with me and if they balk at price I tell them to have a nice day and if I can be of any other service to them for them to give me a call. Stand your ground on price since most but not all do call me back to do their yard or other job.

DBL
03-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Yes I have wiggle room in all of my bids to get the jobs.

we do this too. you can always tell when someone wants the job done but they want you to come down a little bit so we may at that time but we never call them back like a week later and give a new price

lawnpro724
03-22-2008, 09:47 PM
If you call them to lower your price you better make it a one time job or else you will be their b!tch. Every job they will expect the same thing to happen. After all of the games it is just worth it to pursue other customers through more advertising. Just forget about them. I have had people say my price is high and then go to the competition and then they are calling back. Before I would have worked with them, but now I know they need me and I wont budge, and any additional services will be the same.

Yeah when they call around for other estimates they usually call me back. I won't budge on my prices so if they won't pay what I want to charge even if I'm the lowest bidder and still to high I just tell them find a neighborhood kid to do it.

bohiaa
03-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Some of my largest contracts were due to lowering price,

there's noting wrong wiht it at all, I bidded an appartment complex at 67.000.00 a year.

was called in and they offered 63,000.00 I countered at 65. the meeting was over.

after a few days I called and said we would take it.

it takes 3 guys 1 day.

QualityLawnCare4u
03-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Never lower your price. If the client finds out you will lower it one time then they expect it everytime. I am yet to lower an estimate and not fixing to start now.