PDA

View Full Version : need help on what mower to go with

stingray
03-22-2008, 09:54 PM
hi i am looking at getting my lawncare bizz going and im trying to save some $ for a start out im looking at a white outdoor zt54 26 hp briggsand stratton els engin itm number 4452649 from the tractor supply or a craftsman 26 hp 50 in model number 28790 from sears i would like a bad boy but i have to do something to start for first year so pls let me know what u think of tham thx i have a 7x12 trailer with side and back gate i know its not the best mower but i think it will be a start???

Mark Bogart
03-22-2008, 11:05 PM
To start out with go with the one you feel most comfortable with and the one you can afford. Takes money to make money!

stingray
03-22-2008, 11:14 PM
thx mark bogart

DillonsLawnCare
03-22-2008, 11:30 PM
compare the two mowers, then contrast. then the price. find out which mower is a better buy for what your doing.

retrodog
03-22-2008, 11:36 PM
hi i am looking at getting my lawncare bizz going and im trying to save some $ for a start out im looking at a white outdoor zt54 26 hp briggsand stratton els engin itm number 4452649 from the tractor supply or a craftsman 26 hp 50 in model number 28790 from sears i would like a bad boy but i have to do something to start for first year so pls let me know what u think of tham thx i have a 7x12 trailer with side and back gate i know its not the best mower but i think it will be a start???

I would stretch out and go ahead and get the BB if you want it. When you go to trade in the other mower you bought you will lose big time. You can stretch it out with the financing and get 60 months @6.9% and get the ZT 60" for around $93 bucks a month with 0 down, and you will have the machine you want. You can always pay more when you have it. Let me know if you have any problems getting the financing. It doesn't cost the dealer anything to that program, so they should be willing to sign you up.

stingray
03-22-2008, 11:52 PM
i have tryed to get it but i dont have the right score to get it the financing so im trying to get a cheeper price one i hope if any one can anyone tell me how to get around that prob ? to get the bad boy

F Y P M
03-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Like everyone says it takes money to make it. If you are serious then buy a serious machine if not hire your paper boy. Serious machines are true commercial not wanna-bees!!

Mark Bogart
03-23-2008, 12:03 AM
If at all possible try not to finance. Buy what you can afford and work up from there. I've seen way to many people over the years finance everything because they get pressured into having to have all the best toys. This isn't high school. This is trying to make a living without going under. I know many people including myself who have never financed anything. What we did was work hard and managed are money properly.

stingray
03-23-2008, 12:06 AM
thx mark borgart and retrodog can u pm me i dont now how to do that yet lolol on here would like to talk to u about the bad boy i like tham a lot

davink
03-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Why not see what you can find used for a mower - Check the papers and dealers in the area around you. Many larger companies trade in often, and sometimes there are decent deals out there. Though I would really start to check the papers too, and online searches.

stingray
03-23-2008, 12:16 AM
i have ben looking but all that i can get is junk so far or i can get sumthing batter for the same price lol or new lol but thx

retrodog
03-23-2008, 12:48 AM
i have tryed to get it but i dont have the right score to get it the financing so im trying to get a cheeper price one i hope if any one can anyone tell me how to get around that prob ? to get the bad boy

Hey, I have had alot of people get a co-signer with good credit, or just have them buy it...maybe brother, mom, uncle, etc. Sheffield would prolly finance you, but the payments would be a little higher. Maybe you could get their no payment till November then 12.95% for 48 months, payments would be a little over $100 that way. First Community is just pretty picky on who they finance, but they always give the best rates i.e. 2 years 0%, 3years 2.9% etc.

stingray
03-23-2008, 12:54 AM
how do i get ahold of tham retrodog? thx

retrodog
03-23-2008, 01:06 AM
how do i get ahold of tham retrodog? thx

http://www.sheffieldfinancial.com/. You can fill the application out online to see if you get approved. Some little hints, if you get paid once or twice a week, there is actually 4.33 weeks in a month, so your monthly income is actually a little higher, please adjust. For example if you make $1000 every 2 weeks, your actual monthly income is $2165.00. Gross is before they take out anything. When it asks how long at present address, it helps not to put a short time on there, it shows instability, and banks shy away from that. If you have checking, or savings accounts please check the approriate boxes, it helps show responsibility. Just a few things that might help you present a little better to the bank. If they turn you down, it might help to call and speak to a loan officer about your decline and ask if there is anything else you can do i.e. cosigner, money down, etc. If that fails you have one last chance to try Yard Card, but their rates are alot higher with bad credit. You would be better off begging your buddy....lol.

stingray
03-23-2008, 01:09 AM
thx ill let u know

C&K
03-23-2008, 07:49 AM
I would Look around for a good used commercial hydro walk behind.

QualityLawnCare4u
03-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Let me throw in what I had to learn the hard way. I would buy ANY used commercial mower over a new residentual one. If you are going to do this get the right equipment to do it with. I don't mean to go overboard and buy a 12k mower, 30k truck and all that but at least get a good commercial ztr. I tried what you are thinking about doing and it bit me in the arse big time! Had one that was actually falling to pieces in 29 days cutting 4-5 yards a day. The mowers you are looking at just arn't made for commercial use. I promise you will never regret having the right equipment for the job!

stingray
03-23-2008, 02:50 PM
thx agen a lot of good info on this

Rhett
03-23-2008, 02:56 PM
What he said. You are going to spend at least a grand on a residential mower that will be in and out of the shop and flat wore out in a year. Are you going to have gates? What is the smallest mower you will need? If need be start with a 21. As accounts accumulate purchase a 36 hydro walk behind to get you thru the gates and still can mow a bunch of grass. When you get to the point where you can't keep up with the 36 add your bigger mower. Full trailer and a happy yard guy. Oh the memories

stingray
03-23-2008, 03:22 PM
thx for that info i have some big places to mowe so far that is y im geting the biger one and a rider mower

lawnkingforever
03-23-2008, 03:58 PM
When I started I used what ever equipment I had laying around for the first year and then bought some commercial stuff once I got the accounts. I would never finance anything. Residential pushmowers, trimmers and blowers will hold up for 1 season, then you upgrade when you can. Hardly nobody started out with good equipment right off of the start. That being said there is a big diffrence between buying some res. trimmer and 20" mower for a couple hundred dollars and tossing them to the curb at the end of the season and investing in a new res. ZT. Donot buy a res. ZT, look for a 48" com.WB belt drive on CL, there are deals out there, just keep looking. I wish I had a ZT, I have been doing lawns for a few years now and still don't own one. I'd rather do without than buy a res. one.

stingray
03-24-2008, 07:57 PM
thx for the info i dont know what im am going to do yet thare is still lots of snow on the ground here and up to 6 in my morn lololol